ADVERTISEMENT

Best Fullback in college football headed to El Paso

How will this help sell more tickets? Unless you mean family members of Dimel will come?But im pretty sure they already get free tickets.

Fullback is the most popular position on the football team. When I was in high school, all the cheerleaders and hotties wanted to suck the wiener of the fullback.

Reactions: El Paso 1
How will this help sell more tickets? Unless you mean family members of Dimel will come?But im pretty sure they already get free tickets.

Ok. What’s up with the link?

Sorry, I fixed the link.

Second, he was offered by power 5 programs, Oklahoma really wanted him according to one sports site. He is the best blocking fullback in the country but yet is very hard to bring down. Dad let him loose on UCLA in their bowl game and he just tore them apart.

Sorry, I fixed the link.

Second, he was offered by power 5 programs, Oklahoma really wanted him according to one sports site. He is the best blocking fullback in the country but yet is very hard to bring down. Dad let him loose on UCLA in their bowl game and he just tore them apart.

Oh i get it you were just being sarcastic. My bad.

Sorry, I fixed the link.

I didn't know TAMU was after him as well.

Ohio State, Wisconsin and A&M are the schools I was aware of that wanted him.

Not debating that he is a good player. But since when did a full back help sell more tickets? Fred Rouse, Tyler Ebell and Jameil Showers transferred to Utep and they didnt help sell more tickets.[/QUOTE

A fullback will never sell tickets. This just is another piece in the hype train. I do think the excitement for the upcoming season will get 40k dir the first game. If they can sustain the attendance is another story.

Fullbacks don't ordinarily sell tickets.

But this definitely adds to the excitement UTEP football fans have for the upcoming season.
We now have two great offensive players on the roster with Locksley and Dimel.

ap_lottery_nevada_nt_130515_wmain.jpg

This was the line at UTEP this morning to buy season tickets. I heard the first game is close to a sell out and the remaining games will sell out soon. You better get your tickets!!

Reactions: ShovelMan66
I assume that some people here are bitching about one of the best fullbacks in the country deciding to play at UTEP....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw3gbqsVkE8MAqHtiakTd-qI

Well here are some stats from an 11 year HOF career. FB will be in integral part of our offense and Dimel will provide experience, leadership and a winning attitude. Him being on the field this year could go a long way and if he helps us win some games then that will damn sure "sell a few tickets".

Last edited:
Reactions: minermx07
A power 5 athlete. And they find a way to knock it. If he was headed to less Cruces, shovel would be all over it... Lol I am thinking shovel is that ex Aggie cheerleader guy who had a hard on for the Miners... Has to be.

Nope, not knocking him. 2Step said he was turned “loose” in the bowl game. Had 5 touches for 9 yards. Again, just another crazy statement with no truth. I think he will be a good player here. Especially since he will be playing some of the worst schools in FBS.

Reactions: El Paso 1
I assume that some people here are bitching about one of the best fullbacks in the country deciding to play at UTEP....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw3gbqsVkE8MAqHtiakTd-qI

Well here are some stats from an 11 year HOF career. FB will be in integral part of our offense and Dimel will provide experience, leadership and a winning attitude. Him being on the field this year could go a long way and if he helps us win some games then that will damn sure "sell a few tickets".

Daryl Johnston isn't in the Hall of Fame.

It will sell a few more tickets.

My little brother got turned off by the Kugler era and stopped going to the games. He knows UTEP and knows what it is, he loves UTEP, but the level of incompetence under the Kugler era was too much, even for him.

Dimmel is a step in the right direction for the fans who want to go to UTEP games but just need something good to latch onto in order to return.

Sweet cheezus I was just being "cheeky" with best FB comment. It was based on demand for him over the months and his performance against UCLA (which was just brutal for UCLA). I'm hoping to hear "FIRST DOWN, MINEEEEERSS!" over the P.A. system for those "third and short" a little more often since it was a little hard to do the last previous two years.

You're saying that fans who weren't going to attend the games are all of a sudden going to buy a ticket to see Winston Dimel?
Yes I'm excited. He's gonna blow up CUSA linebackers for sure. I'm a big fan of good blocking, especially in motion. I'm sure others are too.

During the 90', the Moose was a big part of the fun of being a Cowboys fan.

People love the big guy who clears the way.

Reactions: axingfools1
Sweet cheezus I was just being "cheeky" with best FB comment. It was based on demand for him over the months and his performance against UCLA (which was just brutal for UCLA). I'm hoping to hear "FIRST DOWN, MINEEEEERSS!" over the P.A. system for those "third and short" a little more often since it was a little hard to do the last previous two years.
But is anyone hoping to hear "it's time for another third down tollllllllllllll!" Kidding, I hate it too

Reactions: minermx07
I would say that most football fans like a big block or and big hit. Most football fans like the important offensive positions as well. It is possible to like both.

Last edited:
I would say that most football like like a big block or and big hit. Most football fans like the important offensive positions as well. It is possible to like both.

I never said fans didn't like the other positions. I said fans LOVE the quarterbacks, running backs, and wide receivers. How many Cowboys fans would buy a Daryl Johnston jersey over a Troy Aikman jersey?

Reactions: ShovelMan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT