ADVERTISEMENT

Big Things Coming

MinerFan_18

Starter
Sep 7, 2018
UTEP has a big plan to show a new big project in the summer. The most expensive project to happen yet. I only know a part of it because what I know doesn't cover the whole cost for sure because if it does then they overspent. I like the idea so far and I'm not sure if all of you guys would like this but I think it's the step in the right direction. I can't share too much unfortunately.

UTEP has a big plan to show a new big project in the summer. The most expensive project to happen yet. I only know a part of it because what I know doesn't cover the whole cost for sure because if it does then they overspent. I like the idea so far and I'm not sure if all of you guys would like this but I think it's the step in the right direction. I can't share too much unfortunately.
Thanks for the teaser.

Reactions: picks up

oh great not this again?? Last time someone said this it was just upgrades to the Sun Bowl. Was it you ???

New Pom Poms for the cheer team, upgrades to wifi in Coaches offices, new handicap signs and new automatic water faucets in sun bowl bathrooms at a cost of 10 million. I'm Psyched lol 🤣 jk let's see what it is

New Pom Poms for the cheer team, upgrades to wifi in Coaches offices, new handicap signs and new automatic water faucets in sun bowl bathrooms at a cost of 10 million. I'm Psyched lol 🤣 jk let's see what it is
Half of those faucets will be broken after the first game 😂

We’re all going to assume too much. It’s better to just assume they’re renovating something. Like new bathrooms at The Sun Bowl.

Reactions: picks up
Why don’t you tell us what’s it’s not.

I heard sometime soon either May and June and UTEP feels confident it will be pretty much funded.
Many on this board have been screaming for a strategic plan. It sounds like UTEP athletics may have been putting together what's called a "case for support" that acts as a plan with a road map to be successful. More than likely (if you're saying that "it will pretty much be funded"), then the case for support has been tested and gotten the approval of the very top tier of donors who would ensure reaching a successful goal. This would be excellent news, for sure.

Many on this board have been screaming for a strategic plan. It sounds like UTEP athletics may have been putting together what's called a "case for support" that acts as a plan with a road map to be successful. More than likely (if you're saying that "it will pretty much be funded"), then the case for support has been tested and gotten the approval of the very top tier of donors who would ensure reaching a successful goal. This would be excellent news, for sure.
You are correct. UTEP has a been secretly going around taking ideas from other schools to improve what we have and what would fit best here. They have impressed enough top level donors to do this. There will be an opportunity for the average supporter to join in but that hasn't been finalized.

I've changed my stance on indoor practice facility. At first I didn't think it was needed, but then I drove by a high school out here in DFW with one and realized we're behind the times! Apparently kids care about this and it'd be a nice addition. Also could be used for other sports to practice in as well. I'd also like to see Sun Bowl reduced to 35-40,000 with seat backs!

I believe it isn't new lighting. I heard nothing about that. Some of you guys mentioned some stuff, but nothing related to the bathrooms hahaha.

That's one dead horse out of the way. Can we get the other dead horse eliminated as well? Can you confirm it is NOT an indoor practice facility? lol

That's one dead horse out of the way. Can we get the other dead horse eliminated as well? Can you confirm it is NOT an indoor practice facility? lol
What I have heard the budget seems a little high for what I heard. I know that an indoor practice facility was not mention but, maybe what I heard was only part of the whole project.

I've changed my stance on indoor practice facility. At first I didn't think it was needed, but then I drove by a high school out here in DFW with one and realized we're behind the times! Apparently kids care about this and it'd be a nice addition. Also could be used for other sports to practice in as well. I'd also like to see Sun Bowl reduced to 35-40,000 with seat backs!
I don't think this would involved seating, maybe something for big donors on gameday, but maybe not a reduction in seating.

Some on this board, JC for one, have brought up ideas to make attendance in the Sun Bowl more inviting, like chairback seating for the big spenders. I think benchbacks for the rest of the stadium would be a good idea too. Maybe more shuttle buses for parking away from the stadium area. LED lighting. Locker room updates. Updates for the Don, the Foster and Durham facilities and an indoor practice facility.

What else?

How about investing in a center and pg?? 1 million to a 5 star center. Half a mill to a 4 star point guard. Then 500k to fill out the roster with 3 stars.

Adding sports to make UTEP look prettier to the MWC. Also raising money to fund our eventual departure from CUSA and entrance into the MWC.
I know that, UTEP will most likely not add anymore sports but will try to compete and win conference as much as possible across the board. MWC does not want to add UTEP if we don't benefit them in their eyes.

The parking lots are going to be resurfaced
Firecracker is coming back?!

64321_large.0.jpg

I can tell you that UTEP noticed that universities at our level have been stepping up their game and UTEP is going to follow suit.
Good to hear that UTEP recognized we were passed up by FCS call ups and if nothing was done it wouldn't be long until the new CUSA FCS schools did the same.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT