ADVERTISEMENT

Big Things Coming

In case anyone asks...

"Golf Courses

The UTEP golf program is extremely fortunate to have at its disposal a number of excellent golf facilities in the El Paso area.

One of the big advantages the UTEP program has is the opportunity to play such a diverse array of courses. The UTEP golf program also receives tremendous support and cooperation from the different club presidents and head pros.

These are the facilities made available to the Miners during the season.

Reactions: Cube Jack
Hey everyone. Sorry, for the late update but my source told me that the project is delayed due to funding. Construction costs was the reason, but there other options coming as well. Unfortunately, the costs is too great for UTEP at the moment and can't afford it so they are seeing where they can reduce costs or another way to fund it. UTEP is going to announce some stuff academic stuff supposedly soon but athletics not sure. I was told by the same source UTEP will wear TWC white uniforms this season.

In case anyone asks...

"Golf Courses

The UTEP golf program is extremely fortunate to have at its disposal a number of excellent golf facilities in the El Paso area.

One of the big advantages the UTEP program has is the opportunity to play such a diverse array of courses. The UTEP golf program also receives tremendous support and cooperation from the different club presidents and head pros.

These are the facilities made available to the Miners during the season.

How does that compare to NMSU's on-campus golf course and Sonoma Ranch?

How does that compare to NMSU's on-campus golf course and Sonoma Ranch?
CCC, public testimony over the years but local media fish wrap braggards, is known to have fantastic greens that compare to PGA sites and PGA pros fly in quietly to practice there.

CCC, public testimony over the years but local media fish wrap braggards, is known to have fantastic greens that compare to PGA sites and PGA pros fly in quietly to practice there.

I just want to know what a fish wrap braggard is. 😅

Hey everyone. Sorry, for the late update but my source told me that the project is delayed due to funding. Construction costs was the reason, but there other options coming as well. Unfortunately, the costs is too great for UTEP at the moment and can't afford it so they are seeing where they can reduce costs or another way to fund it. UTEP is going to announce some stuff academic stuff supposedly soon but athletics not sure. I was told by the same source UTEP will wear TWC white uniforms this season.
So nothing big is coming??

The pool and original fitness center opened in 1996. The area with the climbing wall, new workout area and basketball courts opened in 2011.

Brett Bloomquist tweeted about it then deleted the tweet.
Dimel made it very clear in a couple of videos that he would not discuss any specific player. This occurred when asked about Breon Hayward and then Torey Richardson. I guess Dimel is trying to limit any type of competitive advantage. Who knows.

RIO GRANDE VALLEY – The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) Department of Intercollegiate Athletics announced on Thursday a time and location change for the Vaqueros women's tennis match against UTEP.

The Vaqueros (3-1) will play Saturday at 9 a.m. at Kiskeya Athletics in Pharr, moving the match indoors due to expected rain. The match will follow a play-to-clinch format, meaning any matches still ongoing after the doubles point is secured and the match victory is secured in singles will not be completed.

Admission to the facility will be $10 and Kiskeya Athletics requires anyone entering the facility to fill out a waiver. Spectators can watch the match from the Food Court area or the Parkour viewing area located on the second floor of the facility.

UTRGV's match against Incarnate Word scheduled for 10 a.m. Sunday at the Orville Cox Tennis Center is expected to go on as planned.

RIO GRANDE VALLEY – The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) Department of Intercollegiate Athletics announced on Thursday a time and location change for the Vaqueros women's tennis match against UTEP.

The Vaqueros (3-1) will play Saturday at 9 a.m. at Kiskeya Athletics in Pharr, moving the match indoors due to expected rain. The match will follow a play-to-clinch format, meaning any matches still ongoing after the doubles point is secured and the match victory is secured in singles will not be completed.

Admission to the facility will be $10 and Kiskeya Athletics requires anyone entering the facility to fill out a waiver. Spectators can watch the match from the Food Court area or the Parkour viewing area located on the second floor of the facility.

UTRGV's match against Incarnate Word scheduled for 10 a.m. Sunday at the Orville Cox Tennis Center is expected to go on as planned.

There is a need for an indoor practice facility at the El Paso Tennis Club and for the community at large (i.e. high schools).

El Paso Tennis Club​

The UTEP tennis team has been fortunate to call the El Paso Tennis Club home since the program was started in 1983.

The venue, the first and oldest tennis club in El Paso, has had legendary players such as Margaret Osborne DuPont and Margaret Varner train there. Vaner and DuPont are most well known for winning a doubles championship at fabled Wimbledon in 1945.

The Miners maintain a locker room and a team room at the facility, which features 15 hard courts equipped with lighting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT