ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Self Post game comments

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
He said Utep has 2 players that could play anywhere in the country. I know Bryson Williams is one. Who was the other player he was talking about?? Is it Boum??

Three IMO. Bienemy started for Oklahoma but didn't have the year fans anticipated. Williams and Boum could be starters for any power program.

He said Utep has 2 players that could play anywhere in the country. I know Bryson Williams is one. Who was the other player he was talking about?? Is it Boum??
Pretty sure he means Boum. I like Boum, but I'm not sure he could play anywhere. He doesn't finish well at the rim and rushes his game too much. We all know about his poor decision making and turnovers in crunch time too. Fix those things and then maybe yes.

Bienemy couldn't play anywhere. He's a mid or low major guy.
I was really excited about Bieniemy after the USM series, but that faded away. I do like his consistency, but he doesn't seem to have much of any additional upside. He really needs to work on his freethrows and learn how to take control of the game late. He and Boum need to work with each other to fix their issues

Last edited:
So we have 3 players that could play anywhere? If that is so, why is the team where it is? Easy answer......Coaching. Haskins would do more with less than any other coach. I just don't remember his teams underachieving like these.
Can't argue with that but I'm holding out for Bienemy.

Just a frustrating year of underachieving with such good talent.

It was just “coach speak” from Self. When you just beat Baylor and almost lose to an average CUSA team, you gotta hype up the average team.
Whatever happened to the "I'm never satisfied with how we played. We did this wrong, we did that wrong." Haskins type coaches?

Reactions: Rocketsr
Funny you mention that. Even Saban is softening. Never have I heard him as complimentary of his team as he was this year. With that said, this was one of the best college teams I’ve ever seen, if not the best.

Whatever happened to the "I'm never satisfied with how we played. We did this wrong, we did that wrong." Haskins type coaches?
You can't because the players complain that the coach is too hard on them, and the next thing is that the coach is suspended and under investigation. I miss the Knight and Haskins days.

You can't because the players complain that the coach is too hard on them, and the next thing is that the coach is suspended and under investigation. I miss the Knight and Haskins days.
Knight got rightly busted. Absolutely no need to put you hand on a player unless you're illustrating something, like a defensive posture or whatever.

Haskins used a coaches best weapon: "Get outta here! You're off the team!"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT