ADVERTISEMENT

Blast from the recent past....

Dec 22, 2016
Trey Wade had a huge year at South Plains, and he just picked up an offer from Florida.

Season high was 31 points to open the post season, he averaged 13.4 points, and was even stronger on the boards, and he shot 50 percent from the field, however, he was really quite against Billy Gillespie and my might Ranger Rangers in the NJCAA tournament.

Also has offers from Wichita State and ECU, glad he landed well on his feet, but still wish he was a Miner :( One of my favorite Floyd recruits of the post Vince Hunter era....

Trey Wade had a huge year at South Plains, and he just picked up an offer from Florida.

Season high was 31 points to open the post season, he averaged 13.4 points, and was even stronger on the boards, and he shot 50 percent from the field, however, he was really quite against Billy Gillespie and my might Ranger Rangers in the NJCAA tournament.

Also has offers from Wichita State and ECU, glad he landed well on his feet, but still wish he was a Miner :( One of my favorite Floyd recruits of the post Vince Hunter era....
I was very vocal all year in support of Wade and questioned why he wasn't playing more. Hated when he announced he was transferring.

He was the best freshman i've seen in a Miner uniform in quite some time. Kid was just smooth, with a really nice touch.

Good for him. This is the good side of player transfers. There was change and he had to decide what was best for his college playing days and now he has an offer from Florida.

I remember arguing with someone here on the board as to whether or not transferring to a JC, rather than another D1 school, was a good option for a departing freshman. For Trey Wade it obviously worked out well. He got to play this year, rather than sitting out, and is getting some good offers. Best of luck to him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT