ADVERTISEMENT

Bold Statement for CUSA

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
I have a feeling CUSA gets 2 teams in NCAA this year. I know of late, that seems highly unlikely, but I think this is the year. While the bottom half still stinks. The top 6 or 7 teams are really strong this year. Also there are some intriguing non conf games that if they go right could raise up the Conferences RPI if won. I hope UTEP is one of the 2 of course. Anyway, who wants to wager with me on this?

What do you want to bet? CUSA will only get 1 team. WKU would need to beat Louisville, Arkansas, and Rhode Island, plus win 25 more games. Not happening

Not going to happen. Two years ago MTSU was ranked in the top 25 and had an rpi of 32 and was left out of the tourney.

Reactions: utep2step
Texas Western Jersey! I knew everyone would say no let the games begin!

Texas Western Jersey! I knew everyone would say no let the games begin!

Texas Western Jersey?

Dont get wrong I wish we are in multi bid league. However, this is and will always be a one bid league. I'll be in Frisco when the season starts.

I would be highly surprised if C-USA is a 2 bid league. The committees have always used the fact that there are weak teams in mid-majors against granting more than 1 bid and even though they’ve expanded the field it has become more spots for average teams from bigger conferences.

Ncaa dont like the mid major. Western Kentucky could be ranked 10th and still get a 12th seed. When Memphis was in CUSA Utep had trouble gettingvin

Ncaa dont like the mid major. Western Kentucky could be ranked 10th and still get a 12th seed. When Memphis was in CUSA Utep had trouble gettingvin

If WKU was ranked 10th, they wouldn’t get a 12 seed. What year did UTEP have trouble getting in?

UTSA gave OU a nice run. Tied up at halftime.

NMSU score is totally lopsided. UTEP needs to get aggressive like they did against Tech.

I’ll take that bet. CUSA didn’t look that impressive on opening day.

That's just not true if W. Kentucky were 10th that means they'd have like 1 or 2 losses and went undefeated in conference. I get your exaggeration, but they wouldn't be a 12 seed.

The 'nonprofit' NCAA makes a large majority of their money during March madness. They also have a selection committee that varies in their guidelines from year to year, but somehow always favors the majors despite the parody. Unless the NCAA dissolves under tireless scrutiny, then CUSA will get 1 team for the foreseeable future. The only possibility for 2 teams is having one completely dominant team lose in the CUSA tourney final.

Not going to happen, the selection committee tweeked the formula again for consideration using TV appearance quotient and at large bids priority quotient. At large bids will be given priority to teams with multiple national TV appearances. And at large priority given to teams which come from conferences with titles that include "Big, Pac, Southeastern, Atlantic" otherwise called the known names formula. With this new selection process a hypothetical 3-27 Wake Forest would be selected over a 30-1 St Mary's. The selection committee (along with many TV executives) heralded this as a masterwork to fairness and transparency in the selection process.

Reactions: develman
Not going to happen, the selection committee tweeked the formula again for consideration using TV appearance quotient and at large bids priority quotient. At large bids will be given priority to teams with multiple national TV appearances. And at large priority given to teams which come from conferences with titles that include "Big, Pac, Southeastern, Atlantic" otherwise called the known names formula. With this new selection process a hypothetical 3-27 Wake Forest would be selected over a 30-1 St Mary's. The selection committee (along with many TV executives) heralded this as a masterwork to fairness and transparency in the selection process.
If this is true then FK The NCAA. That would ruin one of the greatest parts about March Madness. The Cinderella. Sometimes a very good mid major loses in the conference Final and we need those teams in the NCAA Tournament!

Reactions: axingfools1
If this is true then FK The NCAA. That would ruin one of the greatest parts about March Madness. The Cinderella. Sometimes a very good mid major loses in the conference Final and we need those teams in the NCAA Tournament!
Agreed. And the NCAA is already under tremendous scrutiny. If they continue along this route for much longer, things will change. It always does.

That’s a lie. Do you read the Onion? There’s no mention of television games on their website, nor does the NET mention it. Idiot. What’s worse, is other rubes are going along with you. Lol

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-10-19/how-field-68-teams-picked-march-madness

The 'nonprofit' NCAA makes a large majority of their money during March madness. They also have a selection committee that varies in their guidelines from year to year, but somehow always favors the majors despite the parody. Unless the NCAA dissolves under tireless scrutiny, then CUSA will get 1 team for the foreseeable future. The only possibility for 2 teams is having one completely dominant team lose in the CUSA tourney final.

Yup. The bottom feeders of C-USA (which The Miners have been unfortunately) will always drag down the conference RPI as well. More justification for the committees to favor bigger conferences.

That’s a lie. Do you read the Onion? There’s no mention of television games on their website, nor does the NET mention it. Idiot. What’s worse, is other rubes are going along with you. Lol

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-10-19/how-field-68-teams-picked-march-madness
This is the summary of the process. There is zero mention of how the at-large teams receive votes. Furthermore, when selection committee members are interviewed about reasoning behind their votes/selections, they often vary in their answers. There is no set standard for the votes. Agreed?

Fine, but the poster was posting it as fact and had a ridiculous example of a 3 win Wake team over a 30 win St Mary’s team. He knows about the “tweek” but it hasn’t been covered by any news sources, oh ok then

Fine, but the poster was posting it as fact and had a ridiculous example of a 3 win Wake team over a 30 win St Mary’s team. He knows about the “tweek” but it hasn’t been covered by any news sources, oh ok then
Yeah the 3 win team over the 30 win team is a reach, but there is fishiness going on with the votes. I don't think any of us have trust in the voting since there are no specific guidelines.

Yeah the 3 win team over the 30 win team is a reach, but there is fishiness going on with the votes. I don't think any of us have trust in the voting since there are no specific guidelines.

it’s not because they’re on TV, it’s because they have more wins over themselves. 18-12 Power conference teams get in because they have good wins, apparently bad losses or lots of losses, only matter to mid majors.

Again, the poster is claiming his own perception as a fact and a rule, when it’s garbage

I will bet you that CUSA doesn’t get 2 bids. You can get a jersey if they do and if they don’t, you need to get a new handle called “AwfulPredictionsMiner” deal?

Reactions: JCorona
Not going to happen. Two years ago MTSU was ranked in the top 25 and had an rpi of 32 and was left out of the tourney.
No splash OOC wins. Only tournament winner will get in. CUSA has gone south the last few weeks.

Pretty sure college insider doesn’t consider CUSA a mid major conference in bb.

We beat the 25th team and either 2 or 3 teams in the others receiving votes. No other CUSA schools listed either.

Pretty sure college insider doesn’t consider CUSA a mid major conference in bb.

We beat the 25th team and either 2 or 3 teams in the others receiving votes. No other CUSA schools listed either.

Nor teams from the Mountain West, Fanatic...conferences are listed toward the bottom of the page.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT