ADVERTISEMENT

Brayan AU

Space acer

Rookie
Oct 11, 2015
This guy would be a good get. Former local star who would/might get more fans at the games. Looks like his play is improving each year. The guy can shoot which the miners desperately need other than a point guard

“Former Anthony HS basketball player Brayan Au is averaging 15.7 points per game for Ranger Junior College. He's shooting 41.2 percent from 3-point range, 75.5 percent from the free throw line and 51.2 percent from the field. “

Yes? No?

I am not sure. Every now and then I look him up to see how he is doing and his game improved from last year. I believe he would have 2 years of eligibility if he transfers. I saw him play in El Paso once at Davinci and boy can he play. He was hitting shots from near half court. Billy Gillespie recruited him. So that says a lot.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
He’s coached by Coach Gillispie, who was known for being a great recruiter and for developing players. I remember when he traveled to El Paso to recruit this kid. I think this kid would be a great addition at UTEP.

Reactions: miner1liner
This guy would be a good get. Former local star who would/might get more fans at the games. Looks like his play is improving each year. The guy can shoot which the miners desperately need other than a point guard

“Former Anthony HS basketball player Brayan Au is averaging 15.7 points per game for Ranger Junior College. He's shooting 41.2 percent from 3-point range, 75.5 percent from the free throw line and 51.2 percent from the field. “

Yes? No?
Call Billy and ask if he is the real deal? 254-267-7059 https://www.rangersports.net/sports/mbkb/coaches/MBskbl

BG did this once with a similar style player (from Cathedral) coming out of a Texas JC his first year and boy he had a lot of energy for that first year, but in came Fili and the difference was vast. He is college material but I just can't see him leading UTEP against a NMSU, La Tech, UNM, or UNT.

Second, CRT wants taller guards.

Last edited:
Call Billy and ask if he is the real deal? 254-267-7059 https://www.rangersports.net/sports/mbkb/coaches/MBskbl

BG did this once with a similar style player (from Cathedral) coming out of a Texas JC his first year and boy he had a lot of energy for that first year, but in came Fili and the difference was vast. He is college material but I just can't see him leading UTEP against a NMSU, La Tech, UNM, or UNT.

Second, CRT wants taller guards.

He’s listed at 6’ 4”. Taller than Boum, Edwards and just as tall as Lathon and Hawkins.

So right now we have Hawkins, Lathon, Boum, Kennedy and McGriff in the backcourt. We have Stroud and Archie at SF. ALL will be underclassmen. Nobody has left so far. We dont even have a scholarship. Where does AU fit in?

I just wrote a post about over recruiting. I think its hindering Terry so far.

I remember the guy from Cathedral. He was not athletic at all but he can shoot three pointers. AU would tear him apart

I caught a few of Au's games online last year at the National JC tournament, while I was scouting out Vila. Honestly, I was pretty surprised in how well he played. As we know JC ball is mostly run and gun, but I thought Au stood out with his shooting; he certainly isn't bashful and was streaky, but he showed good athleticism, as well as a nice outside shot. I didn't realize he had another year at Ranger this year. It is tough projecting a player, but I wouldn't be surprised if he contributes at the D1 level.

I caught a few of Au's games online last year at the National JC tournament, while I was scouting out Vila. Honestly, I was pretty surprised in how well he played. As we know JC ball is mostly run and gun, but I thought Au stood out with his shooting; he certainly isn't bashful and was streaky, but he showed good athleticism, as well as a nice outside shot. I didn't realize he had another year at Ranger this year. It is tough projecting a player, but I wouldn't be surprised if he contributes at the D1 level.
And I remember that you were not impressed with Vila either..

Reactions: MineroFanatico
CRT he has to hit it out of the park this year. The team is in possible shambles again. No doubt he is D1 material but is he the right fit for UTEP?

Covid19 has saved Terry's arse this spring because he would be getting ripped for the underachievement and departures of critical players. "Shelter in place" was a god send for him.

Is this 1970? You can get a ESPN+ subscription for $5 a month and watch multiple UTEP games. Or you can pay double for entrance to 1 “non-marquee” opponent. Almost every game is on some sort of “TV” now.
Why are you making an argument for him to not play here? Do you think he's a player that would not help the team? Or do you think he could help the team but don't want him to play here?

Is this 1970? You can get a ESPN+ subscription for $5 a month and watch multiple UTEP games. Or you can pay double for entrance to 1 “non-marquee” opponent. Almost every game is on some sort of “TV” now.

Being with friends and family matters to many.

Why are you making an argument for him to not play here? Do you think he's a player that would not help the team? Or do you think he could help the team but don't want him to play here?

I don’t know, as I have never seen him play. I just know he played trash competition at Anthony and played at a JC under Billy. He might be good, who the **** knows. But to say he wants to play in front of F&F is pretty lame. Anthony is a poor as **** place, not like many of them have the means to go and see him play at the DHC anyway.

Maybe, he’ll turn out to be a good player, but if I’m being recruited by St John’s, I wouldn’t give UTEP the time of day, for the reasons I listed above.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I don’t know, as I have never seen him play. I just know he played trash competition at Anthony and played at a JC under Billy. He might be good, who the **** knows. But to say he wants to play in front of F&F is pretty lame. Anthony is a poor as **** place, not like many of them have the means to go and see him play at the DHC anyway.

Maybe, he’ll turn out to be a good player, but if I’m being recruited by St John’s, I wouldn’t give UTEP the time of day, for the reasons I listed above.

I saw him play several times in HS. He’s legit. You’re just a miserable prick.

Reactions: UTEPy79
I saw him play several times in HS. He’s legit. You’re just a miserable prick.

What teams did he play against? No, I’m just realistic and know that UTEP hasn’t done anything significant in decades. So until they do, I know they will fail. Haven’t you learned anything from Floyd and Terry? Isaac Hamilton signing here was huge, then he didn’t come. Floyd couldn’t even get relatives of past Miner greats to play here.

Getting excited about recruits is dumb. Very few of them stick around or pan out. Maybe AU will be a serviceable player, but I know he’s no Fili Rivera or Omar Thomas.

Reactions: Autograph Boy

so you don't even know why you are making an argument for him not to play here? That's a poor response

If he's good enough to play at St. John's you wouldn't want him to play here if we can get him? That doesn't make sense to say if you are a UTEP fan. We need to get the best players possible and that's what all UTEP fans should be hoping for if we really want to have success.

Nobody really knows how good or bad he'll be, that's not what is being questioned here. You shouldn't assume that he wouldn't come here just because you wouldn't.

so you don't even know why you are making an argument for him not to play here? That's a poor response

If he's good enough to play at St. John's you wouldn't want him to play here if we can get him? That doesn't make sense to say if you are a UTEP fan. We need to get the best players possible and that's what all UTEP fans should be hoping for if we really want to have success.

Nobody really knows how good or bad he'll be, that's not what is being questioned here. You shouldn't assume that he wouldn't come here just because you wouldn't.

It wasn’t an argument, it was sarcasm and said in jest.

Last edited:
Google it dickhead.

Google doesn't say how he's legit. Of course you can't answer a question on your own.

I am talking about the teams you saw him play against, but of course you never saw him play so you can't answer that.

Here are some of his stats from JUCO at Ranger college
3 pt 40.5%
15.8 points a game
Assist to turnover ratio 2.0
Rebounds 4.1
Steals 55
Blocks 19

As far as the competition he played against, his team was 28-3 and they were ranked as high as #3 in the country.

That’s B.S. unless you know his family. There’s money all around the town of Anthony.

Don’t know much about him or his history, just hate to read all the uninformed opinions.
If you don’t have the facts then they should should shut the f up.

Reactions: Randaddy Miner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT