ADVERTISEMENT

Bring back Barbee

minergabe

Rookie
Dec 27, 2007
Is he looking for a head coaching position again? I sure would like to be at the top of the conference again. Looks like this year is a rebuild year, I set my hopes up way too high. Why the bad mojo at UTEP? Is it built on an ancient burial ground or something? Losing to UTSA, this program sure has taken a dive. Oh well, on to the next game.

Is he looking for a head coaching position again? I sure would like to be at the top of the conference again. Looks like this year is a rebuild year, I set my hopes up way too high. Why the bad mojo at UTEP? Is it built on an ancient burial ground or something? Losing to UTSA, this program sure has taken a dive. Oh well, on to the next game.
Well now we just need to get a road victory. We cant move forward until we get over that hurdle.

Well now we just need to get a road victory. We cant move forward until we get over that hurdle.
Our next best chance is the next game. If we don’t win that one I don’t see us winning anything else.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but this team is what it is. I’m trying to think how many teams have had a massive mid season turnaround and i can not think of any. And we really need to drop the “bring back Barbee” thing. We brought in Floyd, people wanted Billy G to come back, and now you guys want Barbee to come back and right the ship? What is with you guys and bring back our sloppy seconds? This is the equivalent of going back to your ex after breaking up with your girlfriend.

Last edited:
Reactions: UTEPy79
I hate to be a Debbie Downer but this team is what it is. I’m trying to think how many teams have had a massive mid season turnaround and i can not think of any. And we really need to drop the bring back Barbee thing. We brought in Floyd, people wanted Billy G to come back, and now you guys want Barbee to come back and right the ship? What is with you guys and bring back our sloppy seconds? This is the equivalent of going back to your ex after breaking up with your girlfriend.
We were 2-10 out of conference in 16-17 with losses to SE Louisiana and Maryland Eastern Shore, and we lost our first 3 conference games. We wound up 12-6 in conference with a bye in the tourney. It's possible, but I'm not getting that feeling from this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCorona
There was a lot of talk of, the Miners being improved this year. Though, next season was going to be THE year. If you look at where the Miners are now. Then look at who the miners may or may not have coming back. It doesn't look very good. They are probably going to lose Williams (declare for NBA) and a handful of others. Next year will be another MAJOR rebuilding. Unless Terry picks up some more transfers... We can just sit here and watch it play out, not much else we can do. It really has been SO long since UTEP in FB or BB had much success.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but this team is what it is. I’m trying to think how many teams have had a massive mid season turnaround and i can not think of any. And we really need to drop the bring back Barbee thing. We brought in Floyd, people wanted Billy G to come back, and now you guys want Barbee to come back and right the ship? What is with you guys and bring back our sloppy seconds? This is the equivalent of going back to your ex after breaking up with your girlfriend.
Billy G hell ya, Barbee hell no

Barbee hated El Paso, he isolated his players and his family from the community as much as possible and would have taken any offer in division 1 to get out of here. He would not come back for 2 million a year.

Reactions: miner1liner
Barbee hated El Paso, he isolated his players and his family from the community as much as possible and would have taken any offer in division 1 to get out of here. He would not come back for 2 million a year.

All of that doesn’t matter one bit. Give me a coach that hates El Paso, but wins conference championships and makes the NCAAs over a coach like Tim Floyd. Who allegedly loved El Paso and wanted to be here and didn’t accomplish jack ****ing shit.

He had an arrogant, unfriendly, better than you attitude and generally snubbed the fan base. Have no respect for him. The only plus was his recruitment success

Reactions: Cube Jack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT