ADVERTISEMENT

Broderick Jones

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
Today he makes his visit. Roll out the red (pardon me...orange) carpet. We really need him now with the bad news about Willms.
Our inside players are Winn, Thomas, Romine and Vint.

your absolutely right. its always one or the other. When fili was here we had the guards but no the big guys. we recently had the big guys but no guards

Wow!!!! Now we've got inside and outside covered. With four inside freshman
It'll be fun to watch Winn, Thomas, Romlne and now Jones develope and see who gets the PT. We might be better off now than we were a week ago.
WELCOME Mr. Jones!

Just finished reading SD fishwrap. SDSU stood by him rather soundly during his qualifying challenges. Aztecs even turned away experienced transfers for Jones. But at UTEP, Jones will be used immediately and SDSU returns experienced starters. His dad didn't sound thrilled about it, but said he is 19 and needs to learn to stand by his own decisions.

Nope. Good 'ole Barry is just a supporter of SDSU Athletics...says so on his Twitter page. Let me re-phrase that: Good 'ole Barry is just a bitter and jilted supporter of SDSU Athletics. Sorry about your bad luck, Barry!

We have our own set of bitter and jilted supporters of UTEP athletics. Been kinda quiet last hour or so...pretty nice.

Reactions: jamasterj
He's a bit of a project but he has by far the highes ceiling of anyone on the team. We needed some good news after a bad week. Its a good day for Miner basketball.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
He's a bit of a project but he has by far the highes ceiling of anyone on the team. We needed some good news after a bad week. Its a good day for Miner basketball.

Needs muscle for sure but have you seen his video using his left and right (floaters)? Either he is ambidextrous or he has been well coached because it is not a natural move in basketball and hard to master for most players. Given his size, it's a great move when facing stronger and/or taller opponents because if you develop that soft touch like he shows, it's great down in the post most of the time. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

I agree with the concept that BJ is a bit of a project, but with a high ceiling. His offensive game will develop with court time as he looks fairly raw. I do, however, think that he will have an immediate impact on the defensive end of the floor. I also think he will be pretty strong on the glass, which we are going to really need.

Ohhhh he hasn't signed yet??? I won't believe it until his signature is on the dotted line

picks up
The El Paso Times write up says that he will be signing sometime this coming week. Does anyone know if he's still planning on making other visits?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering about that too, but with all his comments on twitter and the paper I'm hoping the other two schools cancel his trip since they only get so many of them a year and why waste a visit on someone that is saying they are committing to another school already.
It all sounds good, but until he signs I'll feel better.

GO MINERS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT