ADVERTISEMENT

Broderick Jones

The story is going to get twisted. But as stated UTEP has already announced it so
I believe Jones will be for UTEP.

GO Miners..

You guys are right Utep never puts out anything unless they are sure. School starts soon anyways, I'm more worried about Mc Swiggan for some reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: allminer
That was Carla, EPChih and Epsilon along with their kids, lol...who would have ever thought.[/QUOTE

I saw that on Twitter. Did they really need to take the kids? Lol i felt sorry for the kids they looked all tired.

Great news and it's even to hard for the trolls to talk sh.. And derail this good news.

GO MINERS
I will believe it when I see him on the court wearing a MINER uniform. Like mentioned above, nothing is binding. And I have yet to see anything about him canceling his Memphis trip. This guy backed out of his SDSU commitment, so like I said I will believe it when he is wearing a UTEP uni on the court.

I will believe it when I see him on the court wearing a MINER uniform. Like mentioned above, nothing is binding. And I have yet to see anything about him canceling his Memphis trip. This guy backed out of his SDSU commitment, so like I said I will believe it when he is wearing a UTEP uni on the court.

The question is, "will you be happy or sad when you see him in a Miner uni?"

UTEP Completes Stellar Basketball Recruiting Class With Four-Star Prospect
Brodricks Jones has officially signed with the Miners after visiting El Paso over the weekend. UTEP has added six new players for the 2015-16 season.
spacer.gif
11230454.jpeg

spacer.gif

Coach Tim Floyd
spacer.gif

Aug. 3, 2015
A UTEP recruiting class that was already rated no. 12 nationally by HOOP SCOOP grew even stronger on Monday with the addition of four-star prospect Brodricks Jones.
The 6-10, 200-pound power forward averaged a double-double in each of his last three years as a varsity player. He collected nearly 18 points and 11 rebounds per contest as a senior at Lawndale High School in the Los Angeles area, garnering first team All-CIF Division 2AA and All-Ocean League honors.
“We’re really excited about adding Brodricks to our roster,” UTEP coach Tim Floyd said. “His athleticism, length and ability to run the floor will allow him to make an impact on our team as a freshman. He has the ability to catch it, turn and face and shoot it from the perimeter. He is a great finisher at the rim and is also a tremendous shot blocker. Our perimeter players will be really excited to have him on the court.”
Jones led Lawndale to one of the best seasons in school history. The Cardinals finished 24-13 and lost to La Mirada in the CIF State Division II championships.
According to ESPN analysts, “Jones has a tremendous frame with very long arms and he is quite explosive. He runs like a deer in transition and is a very fluid athlete with great feet and outstanding athleticism overall. He can score with dunks in transition, put-backs, and an occasional drop-step move. In addition, he can step out and hit elbow jump shots, and his shot is smooth. He gets most of his points off of put-backs and finishing in transition. Defensively, he has excellent timing as a shot blocker and due to his length he can alter shots as well.”
Jones was a four-star recruit and a national top-100 player by Rivals.
Nicknamed “Buddha,” Jones played for two seasons at Lawndale after spending his freshman year at St. Bernard High School and sophomore campaign at View Park. As a junior in 2013-14, he was named the co-Most Outstanding Player in the Pioneer League. He also played for the Blue Team in the 2015 South Bay All-Star game. His AAU team was California Supreme.
He brings tremendous upside to the Miner basketball program. It has been speculated that he has a few more inches to grow.

Is this good enough fo you now.

UTEP Completes Stellar Basketball Recruiting Class With Four-Star Prospect
Brodricks Jones has officially signed with the Miners after visiting El Paso over the weekend. UTEP has added six new players for the 2015-16 season.
spacer.gif
11230454.jpeg

spacer.gif

Coach Tim Floyd
spacer.gif

Aug. 3, 2015
A UTEP recruiting class that was already rated no. 12 nationally by HOOP SCOOP grew even stronger on Monday with the addition of four-star prospect Brodricks Jones.
The 6-10, 200-pound power forward averaged a double-double in each of his last three years as a varsity player. He collected nearly 18 points and 11 rebounds per contest as a senior at Lawndale High School in the Los Angeles area, garnering first team All-CIF Division 2AA and All-Ocean League honors.
“We’re really excited about adding Brodricks to our roster,” UTEP coach Tim Floyd said. “His athleticism, length and ability to run the floor will allow him to make an impact on our team as a freshman. He has the ability to catch it, turn and face and shoot it from the perimeter. He is a great finisher at the rim and is also a tremendous shot blocker. Our perimeter players will be really excited to have him on the court.”
Jones led Lawndale to one of the best seasons in school history. The Cardinals finished 24-13 and lost to La Mirada in the CIF State Division II championships.
According to ESPN analysts, “Jones has a tremendous frame with very long arms and he is quite explosive. He runs like a deer in transition and is a very fluid athlete with great feet and outstanding athleticism overall. He can score with dunks in transition, put-backs, and an occasional drop-step move. In addition, he can step out and hit elbow jump shots, and his shot is smooth. He gets most of his points off of put-backs and finishing in transition. Defensively, he has excellent timing as a shot blocker and due to his length he can alter shots as well.”
Jones was a four-star recruit and a national top-100 player by Rivals.
Nicknamed “Buddha,” Jones played for two seasons at Lawndale after spending his freshman year at St. Bernard High School and sophomore campaign at View Park. As a junior in 2013-14, he was named the co-Most Outstanding Player in the Pioneer League. He also played for the Blue Team in the 2015 South Bay All-Star game. His AAU team was California Supreme.
He brings tremendous upside to the Miner basketball program. It has been speculated that he has a few more inches to grow.

Is this good enough fo you now.

We might have a top 5 recruiting class with Jones, maybe number one.
gallery_298_17_4640.jpg

You once again have expressed your ability to answer a question with a question and never answer the question. The question is...will you be glad or glad when he appears on the court in a Miner uniform? Give it a shot. See if you can do it.

You weren't asking me that question. You asked another poster. I will be glad if he appears, turns out to be a good player, and doesn't leave before using his eligibility. Why would I be glad if he ends up sucking?

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Dear Carlos and aliases. Same poster...diferent name. I consider you and all of your clones to be ONE SORRY PERSON, not a group. To answer your question about glad or sad; I've never seen a post from you where you were glad about any good news about the basketball program...so I assume this would create severe sadness for you if something in the form of this big signing transpires. I won't bother responding to any your trite comebacks on the subject. Adios

Dear Carlos and aliases. Same poster...diferent name. I consider you and all of your clones to be ONE SORRY PERSON, not a group. To answer your question about glad or sad; I've never seen a post from you where you were glad about any good news about the basketball program...so I assume this would create severe sadness for you if something in the form of this big signing transpires. I won't bother responding to any your trite comebacks on the subject. Adios
Thats good your not responding anymore cause its getting annoying cause you can't figure out how to reply to a post.

Same thing happens when you're unable to come up with 5 accomplishments by UTEP basketball and football over the last 23 years.

Five accomplishments:

1. Entertained thousands of fans, including kids.

2. Educated and conferred degrees on hundreds of student athletes, many of whom were the first in their families to go to college.

3. Competed, winning some and losing some, but representing El Paso favorably.

4. Provided roots and a source of lifelong pride for their alumni.

5. Gave, and still give, assholes like us something to talk about.

I can't remember if it was a news article or miner rush said he signed before he left home.

Bro if they don't do it for you switch teams...PLEASE.....I enjoy it because I do, because has a place in my heart and hopefully at least in basketball they will takes steps forward and be a force, only thing that worries me is the lack of a center

Five accomplishments:

1. Entertained thousands of fans, including kids.

2. Educated and conferred degrees on hundreds of student athletes, many of whom were the first in their families to go to college.

3. Competed, winning some and losing some, but representing El Paso favorably.

4. Provided roots and a source of lifelong pride for their alumni.

5. Gave, and still give, assholes like us something to talk about.

Other facts as well (yes Carlos, they're facts. You Google it you lazy bum): UTEP helps out NMSU financially and maintain d1 status and have for more than 23 years.

Helps keep NMSU D1 attendance requirements up for their home games in football (15,000 home game minimum). Sorry, they are not allowed to schedule Mayfield High to raise their attendance.

UTEP does help their RPI in basketball (and most bitch about CUSA!) because the WAC is that weak, year after year.

NCAA:

2004 First Round Maryland L 83–86

2005 First Round Utah L 54–60

2010 First Round Butler L 59–77

NIT
First Round
Second Round Montana
New Mexico State W 90–60
L 89–92
2001 First Round
Second Round McNeese State
Memphis W 84–74
L 65–90
2006 Opening Round
First Round Lipscomb
Michigan W 85–66
L 67–82
2011 First Round New Mexico L 57–69
2015 First Round Murray State L 66–81

Rankings
ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll 1. 2009-2010: The Miners cracked the rankings in Week 15 (February 22, 2010). They stayed in the rankings for four consecutive weeks and peaked at #21 in Week 17 (March 8, 2010).

AP Poll 1. 2009-2010: UTEP cracked the AP Top 25 in Week 16 at #24 (March 1, 2010) and remained in the rankings for two weeks. The Miners peaked at #24 before falling out in the post-season rankings.

SOURCE: Wikipedia

58 miner1liner, Monday at 7:01 PM

Just goes to show how correct you are about your post.
You adressed it to Carlos and yet in such a hurry to respond to your post he/she (so many aka) forgot to go back to Carlos and answered you back as Epsilon. It must be a sad life to create soooo many different names and keep up with each one.
You might want to consider Sybil your next made up name.

GO MINERS

Was not this thread originally about our new signee, Jones? Of course, that was before the usual suspects performed their hijacking.

Reactions: Cicileslie
Was not this thread originally about our new signee, Jones? Of course, that was before the usual suspects performed their hijacking.

Agree. And some of those suspects, in typical fashion, are much like the pot calling the kettle black, thinking that if they themselves hurl accusations about others hijacking threads, that they are somehow exempt from doing the same thing (like I just did...lol).

So...about BJ. I think he's going to be one of three newcomers who makes an immediate impact and will see big minutes from day one. I think his impact, at least early on, will be mostly on D, and on both boards.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Agree. And some of those suspects, in typical fashion, are much like the pot calling the kettle black, thinking that if they themselves hurl accusations about others hijacking threads, that they are somehow exempt from doing the same thing (like I just did...lol).

So...about BJ. I think he's going to be one of three newcomers who makes an immediate impact and will see big minutes from day one. I think his impact, at least early on, will be mostly on D, and on both boards.

You adressed it to Carlos and yet in such a hurry to respond to your post he/she (so many aka) forgot to go back to Carlos and answered you back as Epsilon. It must be a sad life to create soooo many different names and keep up with each one.

GO MINERS

GO MINERS

Winston....Guess you noticed that my question of sad or glad never got answered. I have the whole worthless crew on ignore now, so now I can just enjoy the stuff that's important.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT