ADVERTISEMENT

BSU vs UTEP

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
It's the players. He's not blaming himself. He's not blaming his lame arse staff and he's not blaming his horrid coaching.

It's the players.

"That difference, as coach Dana Dimel sees it, is on the roster. He said he thinks the players on this team are as good as the bowl outfit from a year ago, they just need to play like it. That's a much better place to be than being outgunned each week."-Dana Dimel

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/s...pull-out-of-tailspin-boise-state/69503700007/

Boise 43
UTEP 3

What a low life! I dislike this guy even more . IMO, 75% of the regression from last year is his awful play calling. The defense is playing well enough to win games but his offense scheme and play calling sucks!

FIRE DIMEL
FIRE SENTER

UTEP 14
BSU 45

Last edited:
What a low life! I dislike this guy even more . IMO, 75% of the regression from last year is his awful play calling. The defense is playing well enough to win games but his offense scheme and play calling sucks!
@Taco1977 thinks the play-calling is just fine. The players just need to execute.

What a low life prick!! I dislike this guy even more . IMO, 75% of the regression from last year is his awful play calling. The defense is playing well enough to win games and be more competitive but his offense scheme and play calling sucks!

FIRE DIMEL
FIRE SENTER

UTEP 14
BSU 45
Coach: "That's us, that's not Gavin taking shots." That's a direct quote. I reread the article and it reads like he and the staff are admitting their play calling is at fault. Which it damn well is. I was at the game, along with a bunch of very frustrated and angry Miner fans, and we were incredulous at the play calling. Some of us were screaming to run the damn ball on short yardage opportunities, but two long incomplete passes later, and you could see the players deflated. God knows how the defense picked themselves off the bench again and again. I'll be at the game Saturday to see if the staff really did learn their lesson. At this point I'm simply supporting the players, the school, and the Miner fans that are holding on by the skin of their teeth! The LOW LIFE PRICKS like utep-piggy can go f*** themselves.

100%

I'm open to having my mind changed though. Tell me how having WRs open consistently means the play call was bad?
As I said, I could not watch the UNM game, so I can't really say how open the receivers were.

For anybody else who was able to watch that game, do you agree with Taco that the receivers were wide open all game and that Hardison was just missing them?

For the other games, I do not remember the receivers being wide open. Against UNT, I DO remember a couple of long passes, one a sure touchdown, that Hardison put right on the money but were dropped. But in the 2nd half especially, other than those plays, I don't remember seeing receivers wide open.

But maybe they were against UNM. If anybody else who saw the game could chime in, I'd appreciate it.

As I said, I could not watch the UNM game, so I can't really say how open the receivers were.

For anybody else who was able to watch that game, do you agree with Taco that the receivers were wide open all game and that Hardison was just missing them?

For the other games, I do not remember the receivers being wide open. Against UNT, I DO remember a couple of long passes, one a sure touchdown, that Hardison put right on the money but were dropped. But in the 2nd half especially, other than those plays, I don't remember seeing receivers wide open.

But maybe they were against UNM. If anybody else who saw the game could chime in, I'd appreciate it.
I'm not just saying one game. I'm saying every game this season there has been guys open consistently. So we can have the conversation about any of the games you did see.

It's the players. He's not blaming himself. He's not blaming his lame arse staff and he's not blaming his horrid coaching.

It's the players.

"That difference, as coach Dana Dimel sees it, is on the roster. He said he thinks the players on this team are as good as the bowl outfit from a year ago, they just need to play like it. That's a much better place to be than being outgunned each week."-Dana Dimel

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/s...pull-out-of-tailspin-boise-state/69503700007/

Boise 43
UTEP 3
I’m not defending Dimel but it doesn’t sound like he’s throwing the players under the bus. He did say that he rates these players, and it sounds more like it’s a matter of confidence and not a lack of talent in his eyes. I think play calling is just a big of an issue as the mistakes.

It's a combination of both hard headed play calling and Hardison not being accurate on the throws. These receivers have to make great efforts on almost every throw due to Hardison's inaccuracies. Hardison constantly throws into tight or double coverage, throws are long, short, behind, etc... With that said coaching keeps throwing for the fences and doesn't establish a run game to set up the play action. However even if this is done Hardison hasn't been accurate enough to hit even open receivers.

I hate to say it, but the Miners go down pretty easily. what ever is happening to this team offense efforts is on the coaches. Expect to see a QB change at half time..
got to find a way to score lots of points to win this game..
BSU 42
Miners 14

Lets hope for the best ...

The receivers are open cuz the opposing teams know

a. Hardison won't hit them b. They'll drop the ball.

Everyone has figured it out. Force Hardison to beat you.

Reactions: kickballpro
The receivers are open cuz the opposing teams know

a. Hardison won't hit them b. They'll drop the ball.

Everyone has figured it out. Force Hardison to beat you.
You don't really think the coaches on other teams are say "leave players open cause Gavin won't throw to them anyway", do you?

Coach: "That's us, that's not Gavin taking shots." That's a direct quote. I reread the article and it reads like he and the staff are admitting their play calling is at fault. Which it damn well is. I was at the game, along with a bunch of very frustrated and angry Miner fans, and we were incredulous at the play calling. Some of us were screaming to run the damn ball on short yardage opportunities, but two long incomplete passes later, and you could see the players deflated. God knows how the defense picked themselves off the bench again and again. I'll be at the game Saturday to see if the staff really did learn their lesson. At this point I'm simply supporting the players, the school, and the Miner fans that are holding on by the skin of their teeth! The LOW LIFE PRICKS like utep-piggy can go f*** themselves.
Yeah, the dufus caught what he said and tried to walk it back.

BSU 55-10 UTEP

I only pray Hardison downs it every time he gets the ball and snaps it with only 1s left on the play clock to keep the score and turnovers down.

Why does Vegas still have so much faith in us, only 15.5 pt underdogs 🤔
Not much love for Boise as they struggle as well. However, their “struggling” is an efficient game for UTEP.

Our stats our horrid for pass completion plays.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Do we really need to have a football team?
Right. I'm beginning to think the same. Foster has done so much for the city and UTEP, but we cant just rely on him. Seems like a money pit. Either go for it or get rid of it. I'd rather turn the basketball team into Gonzaga, but admin would mess that up too.

Right. I'm beginning to think the same. Foster has done so much for the city and UTEP, but we cant just rely on him. Seems like a money pit. Either go for it or get rid of it. I'd rather turn the basketball team into Gonzaga, but admin would mess that up too.
Getting rid of the football team won't turn us into Gonzaga, and then we won't have a football team anymore.

Getting rid of the football team won't turn us into Gonzaga, and then we won't have a football team anymore.

With UTEP's football history, current state, and future expectations of continued Dismel play, do we really want a football team anymore?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT