ADVERTISEMENT

Busy December for MBB

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Didnt notice how close theses games were.

Dec 16 & 17 Sun Bowl tournament
Dec 18 travel
Dec 19 @ Houston
Dec 20 travel
Dec 21 travel
Dec 22 @ Hawaii
Dec 23 diamond classic
Dec 24 break
Dec 25 diamond classic

Take a little break in El paso and
Then fly to Florida.

Didnt notice how close theses games were.

Dec 16 & 17 Sun Bowl tournament
Dec 18 travel
Dec 19 @ Houston
Dec 20 travel
Dec 21 travel
Dec 22 @ Hawaii
Dec 23 diamond classic
Dec 24 break
Dec 25 diamond classic

Take a little break in El paso and
Then fly to Florida.
I dont really like the timing of the Houston game because of the travel, but can't complain.

Hopefully they/we get a nice Xmas present.

Reactions: mikesarabia
I've seen people reply to their own post when they're being funny, but I've never seen someone reply to their own post when they're being serious. You sure you ok, bob?

Reactions: USAFminersfan
and you should have left it at that, but noooooooo!!!!!! you being the attention seeking whore that you are, had to put your two cents in... Hey, look at me guys!!!

and you should have left it at that, but noooooooo!!!!!! you being the attention seeking whore that you are, had to put your two cents in... Hey, look at me guys!!!

But yet you're still commenting. :rolleyes: I don't come here for attention. I just like posting about UTEP athletics and the occasional off topic.

I just thought it was funny that a person who thinks I'm a troll posts the same comments as me.

Ok maybe we are not that good ... auburn up on New Mexico by like 30! And nmsu lost by 30 to Arizona .... we barely beat both teams

Still undefeated though so I will take it..... also playing great defense wins a lot of games so I am hopeful!

We didn’t barely beat NMSU. 15 points ain’t barely in my book.

True but it was extremely close until the end when we broke it open.... I did see why auburn won like it did it forced 24 turnovers that’s a lot ... most of the other stats were similar

I watched the Auburn-UNM game. UNM was a tired team. They played their two biggest nonconference rivals last week then had to travel to NYC and play a good Auburn team.

Reactions: miner1liner
I watched the Auburn-UNM game. UNM was a tired team. They played their two biggest nonconference rivals last week then had to travel to NYC and play a good Auburn team.
This one I don't agree as much, Stanman. I thought UNM was overmatched by a really athletic Auburn team. UNM had a ton of turnovers in the first half, some unforced, but they were simply not as good. We will get our chances against some really good teams soon, so we need to be ready.

Agree with lil-train. Auburn is really good. Very well coached. Just too much for the Lobos. Also, hard to overcome your opponent grabbing 18 offensive boards and then turning the ball over an additional 24 times.

Seems to me New Mexico has a lotta individual pieces, but they just aren’t very cohesive. I’ll be watching some of the UNM-Wisconsin game today. Hopefully the Lobos can put it all together and pull off a dub against a solid Badger team.

Agree with lil-train. Auburn is really good. Very well coached. Just too much for the Lobos. Also, hard to overcome your opponent grabbing 18 offensive boards and then turning the ball over an additional 24 times.

Seems to me New Mexico has a lotta individual pieces, but they just aren’t very cohesive. I’ll be watching some of the UNM-Wisconsin game today. Hopefully the Lobos can put it all together and pull off a dub against a solid Badger team.
Yes sir. On a side note, I caught most of the UNT vs Utah State game. Even though their record is now 2-5, I was pretty impressed with UNT. I thought since their PG transfered, they would be hurting in that area. But the guy that plays there now (Gibson), looks pretty solid. Honestly, I would like to see Boum play more like that guy.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Yes sir. On a side note, I caught most of the UNT vs Utah State game. Even though their record is now 2-5, I was pretty impressed with UNT. I thought since their PG transfered, they would be hurting in that area. But the guy that plays there now (Gibson), looks pretty solid. Honestly, I would like to see Boum play more like that guy.

I haven’t seen the guy you’re talking about play yet. I was surprised to see Woolridge go but I suppose any time you can make the leap from a UNT to a Gonzaga, ya gotta do it. Sounds like they may not miss him too much, though.

As far as Boum goes, I don’t even think he has scratched the surface of his potential yet. It’s a matter of time. He’s only one year and a few games into his college career. He had the extra year of practice at this level, but no amount of practice can equal game time experience. He’s so young, just like over half our team. He’ll settle down, and he’ll settle in.

Ok maybe we are not that good ... auburn up on New Mexico by like 30! And nmsu lost by 30 to Arizona .... we barely beat both teams

Still undefeated though so I will take it..... also playing great defense wins a lot of games so I am hopeful!

Auburn is good.

I haven’t seen the guy you’re talking about play yet. I was surprised to see Woolridge go but I suppose any time you can make the leap from a UNT to a Gonzaga, ya gotta do it. Sounds like they may not miss him too much, though.

As far as Boum goes, I don’t even think he has scratched the surface of his potential yet. It’s a matter of time. He’s only one year and a few games into his college career. He had the extra year of practice at this level, but no amount of practice can equal game time experience. He’s so young, just like over half our team. He’ll settle down, and he’ll settle in.
I am hoping Hawkins can find his groove as well. Before Edwards arrived, Terry had him as our third guard starter. If Archie can come in and provide the spark expected from Hawkins, that would really benefit the team. Looking forward to checking Archie out in a game setting. I think we will know pretty quickly based on how many minutes he gets.

This one I don't agree as much, Stanman. I thought UNM was overmatched by a really athletic Auburn team. UNM had a ton of turnovers in the first half, some unforced, but they were simply not as good. We will get our chances against some really good teams soon, so we need to be ready.
I watched the 1st half. It was obvious how sloppy both teams were at the start, but Auburn adjusted and took over. My biggest take away though was how lazy UNM looked in their zone defense. It was almost as if they were sleep walking at times and didnt even bother covering the perimeter. That's fine I guess if that's their game, but then how do they explain giving up so many offensive rebounds? Also #5 for UNM was off and appeared overmatched in his one on one game. His step back 3 is nice, but he was just not hitting. Maluach is a good player. If they can get him more involved and play a little more cohesive then they should be pretty good in the MWC.

I am hoping Hawkins can find his groove as well. Before Edwards arrived, Terry had him as our third guard starter. If Archie can come in and provide the spark expected from Hawkins, that would really benefit the team. Looking forward to checking Archie out in a game setting. I think we will know pretty quickly based on how many minutes he gets.

I hope he proves me dead ass wrong, but I just have never been impressed with anything Hawkins has shown so far. I see him as a career role player, which I’m not minimizing, because we need guys like that.

I too am looking forward to seeing what Archie brings to the table. I think in him we will get a kid who can go to the rim and finish. Hope his defensive intensity can match what we have been seeing so far.

Curious to see whose minutes will suffer with the arrival of Archie...Boum, Edwards, Vila? Doubt it will be Lathon.
First man off the bench has historically been Efe due to Williams foul troubles. I imagine that if Williams can manage to get valuable PT w/o foul trouble; we could see Archie first off the bench and my first guess is Boum unless he suddenly starts hitting.
Gonna be fun to see how this develops.
BTW watched videos of Archie popping lots of three's in HS.

Curious to see whose minutes will suffer with the arrival of Archie...Boum, Edwards, Vila? Doubt it will be Lathon.
First man off the bench has historically been Efe due to Williams foul troubles. I imagine that if Williams can manage to get valuable PT w/o foul trouble; we could see Archie first off the bench and my first guess is Boum unless he suddenly starts hitting.
Gonna be fun to see how this develops.

Hopefully all of them lose a few minutes. The season is long. We’ve had some guys in the mid 30s in pt, multiple games. I think there are enough minutes to go around, personally. Like you, I’m interested to see all the various looks we throw out there. Should be fun to watch them develop.

I hope he proves me dead ass wrong, but I just have never been impressed with anything Hawkins has shown so far. I see him as a career role player, which I’m not minimizing, because we need guys like that.

I too am looking forward to seeing what Archie brings to the table. I think in him we will get a kid who can go to the rim and finish. Hope his defensive intensity can match what we have been seeing so far.
Could very well be the case on Hawkins with regard to him being a role player type guy. I like his ability to attack the basket, and finish for his size. Right now, Edwards is just a better version of that type of player; better shooter and defender. At the very least, based on the hype on Archie, I could see him grabbing Hawkins' minutes, plus a few from Boum and Edwards. I know Terry loves Boum, but I think his offensive game would benefit with some bench minutes. One thing is for sure, Boum plays really hard on the defensive end.

UNM and NMSU are decent teams at this point, but they're not great. We aren't great either. We however beat those teams. We've also beat TT and GCU, which I believe were played like real games by both teams.

What we have is a lot of potential. If our offense catches up to our defense, and we improve our turnover issues, then I think we're well ahead of NMSU and UNM.

I think we're going to see that improvement, and it should peak around conference play. I can definitely see us struggling against a team like Washington, though. I think we can handle Houston, but I'm not too sure at this point in the season...

I watched the 1st half. It was obvious how sloppy both teams were at the start, but Auburn adjusted and took over. My biggest take away though was how lazy UNM looked in their zone defense. It was almost as if they were sleep walking at times and didnt even bother covering the perimeter. That's fine I guess if that's their game, but then how do they explain giving up so many offensive rebounds? Also #5 for UNM was off and appeared overmatched in his one on one game. His step back 3 is nice, but he was just not hitting. Maluach is a good player. If they can get him more involved and play a little more cohesive then they should be pretty good in the MWC.

Defensive rebounding is typically harder in a zone, which probably explains them giving up so many offensive boards

We've also beat TT and GCU, which I believe were played like real games by both teams.

Why do you believe that? Which of those 2 “games” did you watch?

GCU sucks. Lost to Fordham, Valpo, San Diego St, Illinois, and Davenport. Wins over Pine Bluff, Montana St, and Illinois St. Do they sound like an impressive team to you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT