ADVERTISEMENT

BW probably made the NBA draft tonight.

He needs another year. He needs to be more consistent. He is G-league right now.
Totally agree. If he played every game like he did tonight, yeah maybe. So many college kids could play in the NBA if they played night in and night out. Consistency is what separates good from NBA good.

Reactions: axingfools1
BW wasn’t even in anybody’s top 100 prospects. He is good but he’s not good every day. He won’t make the NBA. At least not right away. He’ll have to pull a Jonathan Simmons to make it.

Reactions: kickballpro
Eh, I dunno? NBA get players off waivers, no matter the age. This is not the NFL where constant blows have massive depreciation.

He's all Euro baller and you can make good money playing overseas and he can be pulled in anytime.

But he did his time in college. I wish him the best.

I think he stays another year. I just can't imagine that he's happy with his season this year.

He does play well against better teams, but he needs to dominate lesser teams more and be way more consistent. Unfortunately his coach hasn't found ways to free him up. He has way too much weight on his shoulders with this team.

Reactions: MinerManiac
As Kickball stated, he’s about 23. If he has aspirations of playing professional basketball, wasting another year in college, is another year of money he won’t make in the future.

He will only be back if he’s ready to give up on a real basketball career.

Reactions: FedupMiner
giphy.gif

I think he stays another year. I just can't imagine that he's happy with his season this year.

He does play well against better teams, but he needs to dominate lesser teams more and be way more consistent. Unfortunately his coach hasn't found ways to free him up. He has way too much weight on his shoulders with this team.

While I hope that he stays another year, I seriously doubt that he will. As others have mentioned he is 23, and athletes don't typically bye the "you're not ready" thing. My guess is that he will ultimately make a good living playing overseas.

I do wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of his season. In the second half against ASU and in the game against Kansas he was the best player on the court. It's puzzling how a guy can be the best player on the court in a game at KU and not be much of a factor in some of the CUSA games he played in this year. If he brings the same intensity to the CUSA Tournament that he did to last night's game we may have a chance. If he plays like he did during most of the season we will be a non-factor next week.

While I hope that he stays another year, I seriously doubt that he will. As others have mentioned he is 23, and athletes don't typically bye the "you're not ready" thing. My guess is that he will ultimately make a good living playing overseas.

I do wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of his season. In the second half against ASU and in the game against Kansas he was the best player on the court. It's puzzling how a guy can be the best player on the court in a game at KU and not be much of a factor in some of the CUSA games he played in this year. If he brings the same intensity to the CUSA Tournament that he did to last night's game we may have a chance. If he plays like he did during most of the season we will be a non-factor next week.

More than anything I think Bryson Williams will be hurt by the fact that he is a back to the basket post up type player and The NBA doesn’t value that skill set. Guys 6-8 and taller are spotting up at the 3 point line and facing up defenders and that’s not Williams’ game and he’s too small to play center so where does he fit?

Reactions: Lil_Train
More than anything I think Bryson Williams will be hurt by the fact that he is a back to the basket post up type player and The NBA doesn’t value that skill set. Guys 6-8 and taller are spotting up at the 3 point line and facing up defenders and that’s not Williams’ game and he’s too small to play center so where does he fit?

He’s also been so inconsistent this year.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Everyone forgets that Conference Teams, double and triple play him. NBA scouts see that his skillset is optimized one on one. He'll get a look.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Everyone forgets that Conference Teams, double and triple play him. NBA scouts see that his skillset is optimized one on one. He'll get a look.
Taking two jayhawks to the rim was impressive. If he had made that slam that would've been a ESPN top 5.

But does he have the footwork and jumper to spread the floor? And does he have the footwork to guard out near the 3 point line? There’s no shame in playing in Europe, there’s a lot of money out there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT