ADVERTISEMENT

C-USA Announces Rescheduled Football Dates for UTEP

MistaBinks

MI VIP
Jan 13, 2008
El Paso, Texas
EL PASO, Texas – Conference USA has announced the re-scheduling of two UTEP football games that were postponed earlier this season due to COVID-19-related issues. Both games will be played during the first two weeks of December.

UTEP will host Southern Miss on Saturday, Dec. 5 in a game that will be streamed on ESPN Networks. The Miners and Golden Eagles were originally scheduled to face off on Oct. 17 before the game was postponed.

The following week, UTEP will play hosts to North Texas on Saturday, Dec. 12. UTEP and North Texas were set to face off on Oct. 31 in El Paso before that game was also postponed. The contest between the Miners and Mean Green will be streamed on ESPN Networks.

Kickoff times and additional protocols for both West Division home games will be announced at a later date.

The 2020 Ryan C-USA Football Championship is scheduled for Friday, Dec. 18 at 5 p.m. MT. CBS Sports Network will televise the game, which will be held at the school with the best regular season conference winning percentage.

EL PASO, Texas – Conference USA has announced the re-scheduling of two UTEP football games that were postponed earlier this season due to COVID-19-related issues. Both games will be played during the first two weeks of December.

UTEP will host Southern Miss on Saturday, Dec. 5 in a game that will be streamed on ESPN Networks. The Miners and Golden Eagles were originally scheduled to face off on Oct. 17 before the game was postponed.

The following week, UTEP will play hosts to North Texas on Saturday, Dec. 12. UTEP and North Texas were set to face off on Oct. 31 in El Paso before that game was also postponed. The contest between the Miners and Mean Green will be streamed on ESPN Networks.

Kickoff times and additional protocols for both West Division home games will be announced at a later date.

The 2020 Ryan C-USA Football Championship is scheduled for Friday, Dec. 18 at 5 p.m. MT. CBS Sports Network will televise the game, which will be held at the school with the best regular season conference winning percentage.
At this rate, I'm afraid there may not be many more games.

If this happens this will be the first time in our history we host December regular season games. It’s gonna be cold.

UTEP should swallow its pride and play a couple of these games on the road. Better than not playing at all.

FIU canceled because of an outbreak in their team. They have several positions groups without scholarship players at the moment because of infection and quarantine.

Reactions: axingfools1
Napoli in Italy was awarded a LOSS by the Calcio Italiano League when they refused to play against Juventus (at Juventus) due to some other authority saying some players from Napoli had Covid, it turned out non had it. But they still were awarded a 3-0 loss and no points for not showing up. I think Conference USA should do the same and award a loss to the teams refusing to play in El Paso. And award UTEP a WIN or at least 3 wins at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cube Jack
UTSA has postponed their game with Rice this week and the rates of infection are heading up across the nation. Have a feeling that this season is done and I am having my doubts about basketball as well. Hard to keep a positive outlook on this season and athletics in general at this point.

For basketball there will be no band at the game and no floor seating whatsoever. Allegedly the first 6 rows will be vacant as well and (if you believe the rumors) plexiglass installed.

For basketball there will be no band at the game and no floor seating whatsoever. Allegedly the first 6 rows will be vacant as well and (if you believe the rumors) plexiglass installed.
Just like during the Orlando NBA bubble. If it is true about taking out the first six rows out at the DHC, why @UTEPAthletics did not do it at the Sun 😎 Bowl as well?
Does that mean that UTEP women's volleyball 🏐 will be playing there as well? Reason I am asking because #1 volleyball team in the country TX are playing at the Erwin Center instead of their smaller Gregory Gym.

Just like during the Orlando NBA bubble. If it is true about taking out the first six rows out at the DHC, why @UTEPAthletics did not do it at the Sun 😎 Bowl as well?
Does that mean that UTEP women's volleyball 🏐 will be playing there as well? Reason I am asking because #1 volleyball team in the country TX are playing at the Erwin Center instead of their smaller Gregory Gym.

The way things continue to change I imagine there's the possibility of no fans at all. Sun Bowl is outdoors and things were different 2 momths ago.

Band being banned (sorry, I had to) is a conference wide thing.

I think schools should test on Sunday and make a decision if they are going to be able to play by Tuesday, so teams can schedule another game if possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT