ADVERTISEMENT

C-USA > WAC

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
C-USA with another upset and Tourney WIN.

Whens last time WAC won a tournament game??

5 of the last 6 tournaments CUSA has won in the first round. I can't remember the last WAC win. I think it may have been before the 2005-06 season.

where is the Aggie fan??? Like to hear him defend the WAC now.
He thinks it would be a good trade to go independent in football and join the WAC for a chance to be a big fish in a little pond.

There are some up-and-coming teams in the WAC, though, such as Grand Canyon (perhaps they have already arrived) and I'm sure Billy G. will make Tarleton St. a force to be reckoned with. Chicago State is leaving the conference, so they're getting rid of some dead weight.

I never said the WAC was better than CUSA. CUSA is marginally better than the WAC. CUSA has had some recent success in the tournament; however, that has not translated to multiple bids or a better TV deal. Oral Roberts and ACU won yesterday, are the Summit and Southland better than the MWC and A-10 because they won a tournament game? No. Florida Gulf Coast made the Sweet 16 8 years ago, did you believe the Atlantic Sun was better than CUSA? No. Fact is, the WAC and CUSA are 1 bid leagues, so if you want to claim CUSA superiority, go ahead.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Has any current WAC team won an NCAA game as a member of the WAC?

UTEP has been in CUSA for 16 years and has no wins. Same with Rice. Other than NMSU, no other school has been in the WAC for that long. Also, teams like Grand Canyon and the other D2 move ups haven’t even been tournament eligible for most of their WAC lives.

He thinks it would be a good trade to go independent in football and join the WAC for a chance to be a big fish in a little pond.

There are some up-and-coming teams in the WAC, though, such as Grand Canyon (perhaps they have already arrived) and I'm sure Billy G. will make Tarleton St. a force to be reckoned with. Chicago State is leaving the conference, so they're getting rid of some dead weight.

Yes, that’s what I was saying. I would rather be in WAC and Independent than remain in CUSA. Basketball has better chance for success, though recent WAC changes made the league better. The football team never makes bowl games or wins conference titles, might as well play as an Independent.

Yes, that’s what I was saying. I would rather be in WAC and Independent than remain in CUSA. Basketball has better chance for success, though recent WAC changes made the league better. The football team never makes bowl games or wins conference titles, might as well play as an Independent.

In the last 30 years the football team has been to more bowl games than the basketball team has been to ncaa tournaments. That's with less financial support than basketball.

In the last 30 years the football team has been to more bowl games than the basketball team has been to ncaa tournaments. That's with less financial support than basketball.

Do you equate making the New Mexico Bowl to making the NCAA Tournament? Nearly 50% of FBS teams make a bowl game. Not even 30% of D1 makes the NCAA and NIT combined.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT