ADVERTISEMENT

Calling it....

Cube Jack

MI Hall of Famer
Mar 10, 2006
El Paso, TX
UTEP football will get their first win in two years THIS WEEKEND in Houston against Rice!

I figure if I'm going out on a limb then this is the weekend to do it. Anyone here going to the game?

Reactions: JCorona
Rice played UNT pretty tough until midway through the 3rd this weekend.

If we are going to win a game, this is the one. They have been improving, yet I do not know of our injury situation. Is it as bad as last week?

From what I saw last week, Rice was able to get a ton of pressure on the UNT QB. That is not a great sign for a banged up UTEP o-line. The o-line needs to do a better job if we are to have a chance to win. Rice is starting a freshman QB, so hopefully the defense can generate some turnovers.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Yes, whether UTEP wins really matters. To me, it really, really matters. Probably matters too much. And it will always matter.

As Cube Jack writes, "Next question."

If it doesn't matter to you, why bother to post? You could better spend your time/energy pulling weeds in my flower bed.

Picks up, and via Miners.

Yes, whether UTEP wins really matters. To me, it really, really matters. Probably matters too much. And it will always matter.

As Cube Jack writes, "Next question."

If it doesn't matter to you, why bother to post? You could better spend your time/energy pulling weeds in my flower bed.

Picks up, and via Miners.

It dont matter to me if they win or not. Season is over lets just get this season over with. Its seems like im not the only one that feels this way with 10,000 people at home games. Whats the difference between a 1 win team to a 0 win team???

It dont matter to me if they win or not. Season is over lets just get this season over with. Its seems like im not the only one that feels this way with 10,000 people at home games. Whats the difference between a 1 win team to a 0 win team???

For a new coaching staff, getting off the schneid matters.

UTEP has gone toe to toe with three straight of CUSA's best and of the three, UTEP should have won two of them if not for dumb mistakes. I expect a UTEP win at Rice. Now granted UTEP vs Rice is an ugly affair on the turf, however, I expect a win.

...and of those three, UTEP was and will be using scrubs to hold down the fort. UTEP can and should win against Rice and WKU.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin

On paper there’s not much difference between a 1 win and 0 win team. But the game isn’t played on paper. I am fairly certain that ending a 20+ game skid would make a difference going into next year.

The way I see it is that we have a good chance to beat Rice, a more than decent chance to beat WKU and half a chance to beat SoMiss. So would 2 or 3 wins make a difference? Where’s your arbitrary line?

Last edited:
...and of those three, UTEP was and will be using scrubs to hold down the fort. UTEP can and should win against Rice and WKU.
Also, if UTEP had been better prepared by this coaching staff, which I like, UTEP should certainly have won the NAU game and NMSU and also UTSA. Even with the athletes now on the team they should have 3 or more wins. A win vs Rice may actually help a bit in recruiting since potential recruits can see that the program is turning around. Big game from that stand point.

On paper there’s not much difference between a 1 win and 0 win team. But the game isn’t played on paper. I am fairly certain that ending a 20+ game skid would make a difference going into next year.

The way I see it is that we have a good chance to beat Rice, a more than decent chance to beat WKU and half a chance to beat SoMiss. So would 2 or 3 wins make a difference? Where’s your arbitrary line?

4 wins or less is my line. Trust me i want them to win. But to me it dont matter if they do or not.

On paper this is a very winnable game. I hope the guys are coached up right and come out hungry and ready to beat Rice into the ground.

Reactions: utep2step
The Miners have to show up ready to play. This team needs to play with a killer instinct mentality and not let Rice hang around.
Killer instinct with the ability to go out there and make if fun.

4 wins or less is my line. Trust me i want them to win. But to me it dont matter if they do or not.

if you were at the game you saw the joy on the faces of the players, coaches and fans. The UTEP fans in attendance weren't many but they were a very loud and spirited bunch. The parents and alumni ran on to the field to celebrate with the team. It got to the point where they didn't want to leave and security had to call campus police to ask them to to get off the field. The win sure as heck mattered to all of them

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT