ADVERTISEMENT

Calling out the oldsters of this board

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
Quality win tonight. Maniac, sweetlou, et al. Good win tonight. Floyd had this team prepared for this home stretch.

Absolutely agree.I'm feeling pretty good right now, but I'd feel a whole lot better if we could fix our free throw sickness. We could put games away early if we didn't miss front ends of one and ones over and over. That's the only aspect of the game that hasn't improved during the season. It's got to improve!!! Floyd can't shoot 'em. Don't if we want him to either.

It was a good win over a competitive team. ODU gets after it on D and they are very quick on their feet. We needed this win and we got it. I especially appreciate us pulling ahead in the last few minutes instead of collapsing. Free throws are mental. They are also a sign of fatigue. Correct those things and the free throws will come - especially for Hunter. By the way, I think Hunter's knee is worse than what we know or has been disclosed. His rebounding production has diminished significantly since he hurt it. I hope there's an opportunity for him to heal up before the tournament. Same goes for Wilms.

GO MINERS!

Because there is a reason why UTEP fans......

...are considered the "truest basketball fan" in the state of Texas.

Haskins created a legacy and the culture. Because of him, guys like Maniac and Sweetlou exist.

Chihua's, long before you became the "Frank Burns" (MASH referral) of this site, there were excellent fans who ran hard core stats and English, NYT quality of UTEP athletics (good and bad). They have stayed away and I wish they came back. Dipshit.

Agree with that - we need to keep teaching/instilling/immersing our new generations of Miner fans on all things UTEP basketball and continue to be the best, most educated fans we've been known to be.........pass it down from generation to generation...

Originally posted by utep2step:

They have stayed away and I wish they came back. Dipshit.
Thanks for the compliment. You can always tell a person's maturity level when they stoop down to call people immature names for no reason.

Where did these people go to? There are a lot of awesome posters on here who post a lot of great things. It doesn't look like they are missed.

Sports talk and political radio...

.....have one thing in common. They ask first time listeners to give a few weeks before you call in and/or judge their show.

Before dumbasses like you who thought "bobble head Night" were a marketing good thing (as you said a week back) for NMSU, UTEP had fans who ran numbers and gave first hand recruiting and coaching analysis.

The hard core anti El Paso/ anti UTEP won out.

This post was edited on 2/15 12:47 AM by utep2step

This post was edited on 2/15 12:48 AM by utep2step

Re: Sports talk and political radio...

There are other UTEP sites who give analysis of UTEP sports.

rabbit.....this dumbass is all yours.

Re: Sports talk and political radio...

Originally posted by utep2step:

.....have one thing in common. They ask first time listeners to give a few weeks before you call in and/or judge their show.

Before dumbasses like you who thought "bobble head Night" were a marketing good thing (as you said a week back) for NMSU, UTEP had fans who ran numbers and gave first hand recruiting and coaching analysis.

The hard core anti El Paso/ anti UTEP won out.

This post was edited on 2/15 12:47 AM by utep2step
This post was edited on 2/15 12:48 AM by utep2step
Thanks again for the nice compliment.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I'm not sure what you read on here, but all the people here are Pro El Paso and Pro UTEP. If somebody is anti-El Paso or anti-UTEP they are called out. People who post here love El Paso and love UTEP. It's what we all have in common here.

Hey 2step, I too was curious as to why you were calling out the "oldsters". Anyway, my two cents on the game:

I liked the play of Julian, CJ, and Morris. The inconsistency of the trio on offense drives me crazy.

I thought that our defense was really good, with the exception of Hooper, who was awful. And speaking of Hopper, he needs to be stronger with the ball when he rebounds.

Hooper wasn't the only one who had issues rebounding. When was the last time we had a team that rebounded its defensive board? Allowing ODU so many second chance points really hurt.

If it hadn't been for their second chance points, and our horrendous free throw shooting through most of the second half, the game would have finished much sooner, as we would have been too far ahead for them to execute their strategy of fouling us on every possession. Fortunately after they started doing that we finally started hitting our freebies.

One final thought: Hunter is not right physically. Without him being completely healthy I have a hard time seeing us winning the CUSA tournament, which is a must if we want to go dancing this year.

2 step, I too am responding to your calling out! Great win for UTEP. Glad to see CJ playing better - as we all know, he had played poorly up to a couple of games ago. The defense has stepped up, but I agree with Maniac - the inconsistency on offense with the outside guys drives me up the wall, not to mention the sub-par free throws. Am sure Tim and staff is working hard to improve in those areas, now that UTEP is in the thick of conference play with a good chance of coming out on top. As I have said many times before, we are all fortunate to have Tim as coach. He is an excellent mentor - this may be the year he leads us to the big dance!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT