ADVERTISEMENT

CBB games other than UTEP

MineroFanatico

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 11, 2015
Thought we could use a thread like this.

Anyone watching Kansas-Dayton? What a game. Dayton may be the best mid major in the country this year. They look like they’re in late season form already. Very clean. Minimal mistakes. Giving Kansas all they can handle. 54-52 with 12:30 remaining.

After Duke got beat by SFA, it got me wishing we could have Cinderella revolution this season where enough little guys made a run to make the public realize what a sham the Power Conference situation is.

This seems to be the year for it to happen if it is ever going to. Just no clear cut number 1. The waters have been muddied.

Reactions: groundrounds
Dayton looks tough. Solid unheralded mid major that can play with anyone the last few years and in a solid (A10) conference but since it was created to be a "Catholic basketball Conference", it will never be considered a major. Davidson is Jeckyll and Hyde, good wins and not so good wins.

Evansville pulled an upset and UNI looks good; I think the MVC will be good but like CUSA, someone who should be in the NCAA will not make it from the MVC.

Is it another great run for Wichita State? They crushed South Carolina (Shockers were there first true test).

Purdue Ft. Wayne (?) beat Grand Canyon by 11 tonight. It’s early, but seems like the wheels have come off at GCU.

Purdue Ft. Wayne (?) beat Grand Canyon by 11 tonight. It’s early, but seems like the wheels have come off at GCU.
Three of their key players were ruled ineligible right before the regular season started (but I think they played against UTEP in the scrimmage). They're supposed to be back for the conference season. Right now GCU is just hanging on until they get their players back, and then they hope to make a run during conference season.

Wow, can’t believe they’re not in the Top 25!!!

UC Irvine is 5-4 with a win against Boise State .
Kent State has beaten Wright State,Towson,

Towson wins against St Joes and GW.
Wright State wins against Miami OH nothing special but they are 6-2.
Boise St is 4-2 wins against BYU and Pacific

so that Kent st vs UC Irvine should be a good .

Texas A&M bb taking a nose dive, the likes of which we are all too familiar with. 11 point loss to Harvard. Blown out by Temple. Now a loss to 1-6 Fairfield. Ouch!

Reactions: utep2step
Man, WKU struggling against a decent Wright State team. Down 7 with 5:00 to go.

Look very very beatable.

Final

Wright State 76
Western Kentucky 74

From what I’ve seen, we SHOULD be top 4 in CUSA, easily. Seems to be a bit of a down year for the conference. Probably won’t get easier than this year to win the damn thing.

Reactions: mikesarabia
La Tech goes and beats a tough Mississippi State team a couple nights ago then turns around and loses to 4-4, Sam Houston?

It appears that CUSA might be anyone’s for the taking this year.

La Tech goes and beats a tough Mississippi State team a couple nights ago then turns around and loses to 4-4, Sam Houston?

It appears that CUSA might be anyone’s for the taking this year.
As I stated in earlier post, La Tech is helter skelter. I can see them beating good WKU or front running UTEP squad this year but then losing to a two man UTSA team during a road stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT