ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte opens -14 vs UTEP

Last year, Chalotte ran the same bootleg pass over & over again and we couldn’t stop it. Every time they needed a play, they ran it, and they were successful with it at least 6 or 7 times. They ran it on a 2 point conversion, they ran it on multiple 3rd down conversions. I know that our defense has not been our biggest issue this year, but stopping that bootleg pass is the 1st adjustment that I want to see us make against Charlotte.

Last year, Chalotte ran the same bootleg pass over & over again and we couldn’t stop it. Every time they needed a play, they ran it, and they were successful with it at least 6 or 7 times. They ran it on a 2 point conversion, they ran it on multiple 3rd down conversions. I know that our defense has not been our biggest issue this year, but stopping that bootleg pass is the 1st adjustment that I want to see us make against Charlotte.
And UTEP led that game at the half 21-7 then Charlotte scored 21 unanswered points in the 2nd half.

I also think it is a high, likely the odds makers view our win over ULM as distant history. Going to be interesting if the on again off again, on again season effects play (I don't see any way it doesn't). No amount of practice can make up for game experience.

I also think it is a high, likely the odds makers view our win over ULM as distant history. Going to be interesting if the on again off again, on again season effects play (I don't see any way it doesn't). No amount of practice can make up for game experience.
That win looks less impressive every week. They’re definitely one if not the worse team in the nation.

It’s such a sad but common story. ULM thought they had found their guy. Viator had a lot of success in the FBS ranks. Ten straight winning seasons. At ULM he was always a win or two away from turning the corner. They signed him to an extension in the off-season and he’s probably going to reward them with a winless season.

There are no guarantees in college football.

UTEP has made strides that are clearly evident. The pass blocking is the best I've have seen since the Palmer days. The pressure has improved with the D line but the goal is to get the sack's and that is literally side stepping the UTEP D line. The d backs have improved tackling and coverage since the ACU game and the linebackers are not letting any one get by them. UTEP has a deep game now and Hardison is getting better every game. N.M. "Mr Football" 2017 is showing why he should have not been overlooked by D1 schools (FCS included).

95 yards in penalties in the first half against La Tech was so bad, a decent high school team could have beaten UTEP. UTEP beat UTEP in Ruston. Second, I don't get the limit in play time with Hankins. Is there a injury not fully healed?

The UTEP O is still stuck in the mud as it is ranked in the bottom 10 in total offense and bottom 5 scoring offense. I don’t expect many wins until it improves.

The UTEP O is still stuck in the mud as it is ranked in the bottom 10 in total offense and bottom 5 scoring offense. I don’t expect many wins until it improves.
Efficiency. A dropped pass. Penalties. Going for it on 4th and short and not making it (that did happen against La Tech as Harding threw a pass so low that Cowing had to drop to the ground to catch it). A bad throw. A missed block. These things add up and take points off the board. If you watch Marshall, they are an efficient offensive unit and just running through CUSA like a hot knife thru butter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT