ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago St is indy in basketball.../CUSA

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
and basically has the same TV coverage as Utep.

So, why not Utep just go indy in basketball?? They could probably schedule better and play better teams,
Chicagos State schedule doesnt look bad . IDK, just put this in with my other crazy ideas.

Looking at the newest rendition of CUSA starting next year, basketball is going to be a little better than it has been in the past. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Is Chicago st in cusa next year? Wow! Every year it gets worse. In 3 years it’s going to be sul ross joining utep in cusa and they will probably be better than utep. By then Chicago st will move on to the mt west conference and utep still stuck in cusa.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Is Chicago st in cusa next year? Wow! Every year it gets worse. In 3 years it’s going to be sul ross joining utep in cusa and they will probably be better than utep. By then Chicago st will move on to the mt west conference and utep still stuck in cusa.
No, they are not. They probably will be independent for awhile.

Looking at the newest rendition of CUSA starting next year, basketball is going to be a little better than it has been in the past. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.
Totally agree.

I mean, if you like playing 1 home game in a month at a university with an enrollment smaller than several high schools in El Paso, sure...

Chicago St. was allowed by the WAC to quietly bow out of the conference because of a very large debt load and few resources for athletics. Plus, they don't have football. Because of their situation, they were a perpetual bottom feeder in basketball. They have to play 90 percent money games on the road just to finance the team. This is one team that UTEP is actually a lot better off than. But I still want to see how CUSA.4 shakes out before I pass judgement. It will be about the same in football and maybe 10 percent better in basketball. That 10 percent is a real guesstimate though. We will have to see. Go Miners.

Chicago St. was allowed by the WAC to quietly bow out of the conference because of a very large debt load and few resources for athletics. Plus, they don't have football. Because of their situation, they were a perpetual bottom feeder in basketball. They have to play 90 percent money games on the road just to finance the team. This is one team that UTEP is actually a lot better off than. But I still want to see how CUSA.4 shakes out before I pass judgement. It will be about the same in football and maybe 10 percent better in basketball. That 10 percent is a real guesstimate though. We will have to see. Go Miners.
They didn’t leave voluntarily.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT