ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Agnew

6'2" 190lb combo guard. 12.8 points a game. 35% from 3, 68% free-throw, 1.6 steals a game. Better rebounder than assist man. Will have to sit out 1 yr unless NCAA transfer rule changes.

6'2" 190lb combo guard. 12.8 points a game. 35% from 3, 68% free-throw, 1.6 steals a game. Better rebounder than assist man. Will have to sit out 1 yr unless NCAA transfer rule changes.
I like the pickup. I'm hoping he can function as a better lead guard versus what we had last year. Also hoping for either a waiver or rule change will allow him to play next year. Obviously, he will be needed.

https://www.timesdaily.com/sports/c...cle_8662482e-9928-5fe0-b87e-3a37511314b8.html

Reactions: axingfools1
So a transfer comes in?

I admit I've never heard of him and know little about North Alabama basketball

Even though you can’t see this, because you are a snatch; they suck. Been 2 years in D1. Same trash league Tarke came from. Ex-UTEP assistant Bobby Champagne coached there for a long time. Drew a whooping 476 fans to their home opener this year. A basketball player’s dream right there.

I like the pickup. I'm hoping he can function as a better lead guard versus what we had last year. Also hoping for either a waiver or rule change will allow him to play next year. Obviously, he will be needed.

https://www.timesdaily.com/sports/c...cle_8662482e-9928-5fe0-b87e-3a37511314b8.html
Nice to actually hear a little of the conversation between player and coach. Frustrating for the coach and their fans, but not having an opportunity at the NCAA hurts. Let's hope he gets it here at UTEP.

I like the nearly 50 steals in one season.

Reactions: Lil_Train
snatch is a pretty big word coming from a fag

I don't understand why you and the auto boy get your dicks in a wad when people say fag

Unless you’re British and talking about a cigarette, it’s very offensive. I guarantee you wouldn’t be saying “fag” openly if you started a new job at a normal job.

The next time you “volunteer” at the grocery store, there’s probably a “fag” or two working there. Say that word around them and you’ll be in hot water.

Again, thanks for bringing AB and I to the forefront of this thread about a basketball transfer!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Autograph Boy

"....Pujol said UNA not being eligible for the NCAA tournament might have played a part in the decision.

“I’m going to tell our guys that there are probably a bunch of fifth-year guys who transferred to play in the NCAA tournament and look what happened,” Pujol said. “It’s not about that. It’s about do you have the right fit. If you fit, you are going to be found. He just said that he feels like he needs to play at a higher level.....”"

giphy.gif

in no way, just saying that beating out a final 4 team doesn’t meant this guy is randy culpepper in waiting.
Did I say he was our savior and next RCP3? Would you rather we beat out a shitty teams for our players? Won’t you then complain that they play in trash leagues in front of 200 people?

Reactions: picks up
Did I say he was our savior and next RCP3? Would you rather we beat out a shitty teams for our players? Won’t you then complain that they play in trash leagues in front of 200 people?

We just took a player from a trash league who played in front of 500 people. He might be a serviceable player, I’m just telling you, he ain’t getting this team closer to where we need to be.

Teams are interested in players who have done “well” at smaller leagues because they’re more likely to contribute than a risky high school kid. These guys aren’t Isaac Hamilton or Fili Rivera level.

Come on guys. Keep on track. There is no point in debating/arguing with some people. You are wasting your time. Some can't see beyond what's obvious. Jesus Christ! Just IGNORE.

Hey Corona, which final 4 team did we beat out for this guy?

Reactions: Cube Jack
Come on guys. Keep on track. There is no point in debating/arguing with some people. You are wasting your time. Some can't see beyond what's obvious. Jesus Christ! Just IGNORE.

Hey Corona, which final 4 team did we beat out for this guy?
This guy, Agnew. Yesterday there was a tweet saying he had cut his list to five schools.

UTEP, ETSU, Loyola, Utah St, and Colorado.

here it is.

Reactions: axingfools1
That’s your opinion. I’m just realistic and know that ASun transfers, ain’t it here bro.
What did I say that was unrealistic? Loyola has won 70+ games and made a final four in the last three years. Their HC wanted Agnew but Terry got him. That’s it. All I did was state a fact. If we had beat out Chicago St, I would have said “we beat the worst team in the WAC for this guy.”

What did I say that was unrealistic? Loyola has won 70+ games and made a final four in the last three years. Their HC wanted Agnew but Terry got him. That’s it. All I did was state a fact. If we had beat out Chicago St, I would have said “we beat the worst team in the WAC for this guy.”

Fair, let’s not act like Loyola is some basketball power though.

Very average to below average pickup from a very bad team.

He was North Bama's leading scorer according to tweets but went a combined 15/42 from the floor against South Carolina, LA Tech, UAB, and Florida State the best teams on their schedule, also had seven combined turnovers against LA Tech and UAB.

Jordan Lathon 2.0

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Very average to below average pickup from a very bad team.

He was North Bama's leading scorer according to tweets but went a combined 15/42 from the floor against South Carolina, LA Tech, UAB, and Florida State the best teams on their schedule, also had seven combined turnovers against LA Tech and UAB.

Jordan Lathon 2.0

Get outta here you negative troll!!!!!!!

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
So what's your point? Who cares if we beat out a Cinderella team from 2 years ago?

You have to remember the rules of the board:

Beating out an exCindrella for a North Alabama player - awesome

NMSU winning the WAC every year and always beating UTEP - not impressive

Sweeping the bottom pod in CUSA and beating D2 teams - awesome

So what's your point? Who cares if we beat out a Cinderella team from 2 years ago?
My point is that you’re dumb for saying he “didn’t even play in the final four.” Well of course he didn’t cuz in 2018 he was in high school. Try to keep up before you contribute absolutely nothing to the discussion.

You have to remember the rules of the board:

Beating out an exCindrella for a North Alabama player - awesome

NMSU winning the WAC every year and always beating UTEP - not impressive

Sweeping the bottom pod in CUSA and beating D2 teams - awesome
Remember the board rules

- state facts about UTEP sucking- acceptable by the trolls.

- state facts about who which teams we beat out for a player- not acceptable by the trolls.

So I guess we all should be homers?
No but not everything has to be turned into a negative. IMO Terry beating out Moser for a recruit is a good sign and should be recognized. The kid is from Detroit. He could go play near home with a coach that has made a recent final four run or he could play for Terry who has never won a NCAAT tournament game and is located 18 hrs away. To me it seems like a little bit of positivity and all I did was point it out.

No but not everything has to be turned into a negative. IMO Terry beating out Moser for a recruit is a good sign and should be recognized. The kid is from Detroit. He could go play near home with a coach that has made a recent final four run or he could play for Terry who has never won a NCAAT tournament game and is located 18 hrs away. To me it seems like a little bit of positivity and all I did was point it out.
Moser could buy out CRT's contract and bring Agnew with him! (Moser' contract is "undisclosed" but he walked away from $17-$18 million offer by Saint John's last year). Damn, I didn't know Loyola Chicago had that kind of money! I have a kid at a Catholic A10 school and they don't have that kind of cash.

So I guess as Corona states, it's a steal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT