ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Golding Assistants

OsoFromELP

MI VIP
Sep 11, 2018
El Paso, TX
So any news on who will be on Golding's staff? We know Brette Tanner won't be one of them, having taken over the reins at Abilene Christian. Are any other coaches from ACU rumored to be joining Golding at UTEP? Will any of Terry's assistants be retained? Seems awfully quiet as of late.

Jeremy Cox. With Billy at A&M and Kentucky...with Doc at Nebraska and S Miss.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
Jeremy Cox. With Billy at A&M and Kentucky...with Doc at Nebraska and S Miss.

Highly respected well traveled asst coach. Also successful HC in the jc ranks.

Last edited:
I see "Squirrel" Boykins is coming to El Paso. If not for Muggsy Bogues he would have been more known for having a long NBA career despite his short stature
I actually like this hire. Perhaps, recruiting true PG's won't be as difficult a task as it was with the last two coaching regimes. I don't think UTEP has had a true PG since...Julyan Stone? I could be wrong there. It has certainly been a long time since there's been an effective #1 in the program.
I also remember being on hand in the SEC, I believe for a Sun Carnival Tournament, and Earl Boykins played well for his Eastern Michigan team. 1995? 96? One of those years.

Reactions: mikesarabia
I actually like this hire. Perhaps, recruiting true PG's won't be as difficult a task as it was with the last two coaching regimes. I don't think UTEP has had a true PG since...Julyan Stone? I could be wrong there. It has certainly been a long time since there's been an effective #1 in the program.
I also remember being on hand in the SEC, I believe for a Sun Carnival Tournament, and Earl Boykins played well for his Eastern Michigan team. 1995? 96? One of those years.

What about Dominic Artis?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT