ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Golding

UTEP fans 24 hours ago fearing Doc was Senter top pick
images

"One day later...."
19eb02c0fa75695807c8756c69938697.gif

Sadler? Why? Golding is a defensive minded coach, his assistants will need to be a offensive guy and a recruiter. Sadler is a good coach but he tends to be a defense guy and not a recruiter type of assistant. The job here is not a good fit for us or him.

Reactions: develman
What's up Miners? I'm an ACU alum and was there when Golding played there in the late 90's. Also a huge Tech fan as I have a kid there and used to have season tickets so the last few weeks have been a real joy (sarcasm) for me! Just wanted to say, you guys got a good one in Joe. I'll be a UTEP fan from a distance and I wish you all the best!

Anybody know how well Beard recruited prior to Texas Tech?
He took over a program that had been coached by the same guy for a dozen years. Only had one NCAA appearance in that time span. His last 4 years had a 60-66 record.

In Beards first and only year at Little Rock he won 30 games and made the round of 32 in the NCAA. That's all UNLV and then TT needed to see. The rest is history.

While I don't know what his recruiting was like it looks like as soon as he took over a D1 program he started winning big and hasn't looked back.

Reactions: axingfools1
He took over a program that had been coached by the same guy for a dozen years. Only had one NCAA appearance in that time span. His last 4 years had a 60-66 record.

In Beards first and only year at Little Rock he won 30 games and made the round of 32 in the NCAA. That's all UNLV and then TT needed to see. The rest is history.

While I don't know what his recruiting was like it looks like as soon as he took over a D1 program he started winning big and hasn't looked back.
His body of work at Angelo State really propelled his career. UALR put it on a rocket.

SMU's president, Gerald Turner, HATES UNT. He hates they are going to be AAC. He hates their academics. He loathes everything about them. If McCasland is the target they will throw an offer UNT could never come close to matching. If they want McCasland they'll get him and do whatever it takes to put the directional school "peasants" in their place. If I had to guess I think there is a big name coach that's a darkhorse who open to listening to their offer. If they can get the Big name they will. If not they make McCasland a very rich man.

Reactions: LTMiner61
Golding wouldn't take the job. Too much work to do.
I think his job to a p5 gets much easier from SMU. Tripling his salary wouldn't hurt either. He grew up not that far from the Dallas area. He got his first coaching jobs in the Dallas High school scene. I don't see him turning it down if offered.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I think his job to a p5 gets much easier from SMU. Tripling his salary wouldn't hurt either. He grew up not that far from the Dallas area. He got his first coaching jobs in the Dallas High school scene. I don't see him turning it down if offered.
I dont think so, but we'll see. I don't think he feels he is ready yet. It's not his style.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT