ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry makes 1st UTEP offer / Basketball Recruiting

Boxing out is for players that are not athletic enough or to short. Look at Andre Drummond. He just to tall and pretty fast and he just go gets it. Boxing out is taught when you first starting to play basketball. Then you just learn other ways to rebound.

Well you heard it here first folks. Dwight Howard and Bill Walton are full of shit. Wilms should have been putting up Bill Russel-esque numbers on the boards since he was over seven feet.

Boxing out is for players that are not athletic enough or to short. Look at Andre Drummond. He just to tall and pretty fast and he just go gets it. Boxing out is taught when you first starting to play basketball. Then you just learn other ways to rebound.

He wouldn't be able to if they would box him out! :D

Where do you come up with this stuff? But after your Coach Terry comment, it does not suprise me.
That is the exact reason you get destroyed on the boards because they think just like you. I can hear Fili now....Ok guys, you are to tall and pretty fast, just go get the ball.
What happens if the opposing player has put his ass on you and is boxing you out? You have to go over his back to get the ball just as everyone else has said.
How Ridiculous can you get? Maybe I shouldn't ask.

Where do you come up with this stuff? But after your Coach Terry comment, it does not suprise me.
That is the exact reason you get destroyed on the boards because they think just like you. I can hear Fili now....Ok guys, you are to tall and pretty fast, just go get the ball.
What happens if the opposing player has put his ass on you and is boxing you out? You have to go over his back to get the ball just as everyone else has said.
How Ridiculous can you get? Maybe I shouldn't ask.

Boxing out is the basics of basketball. Once you start playing and getting better . There is other ways to rebound. Boxing outdoesnt always work. Have you seen Porzingis? He just jumps over people and dunks on them. Go watch the video where he dunked on Aldridge. Aldridge was boxing out like you say and doing what he is suppose to.Then out if nowhere porzings jumps over him and dunks on him. A good rebounder to me his someone that just goes and gets it.

Boxing out is the basics of basketball. Once you start playing and getting better . There is other ways to rebound. Boxing outdoesnt always work. Have you seen Porzingis? He just jumps over people and dunks on them. Go watch the video where he dunked on Aldridge. Aldridge was boxing out like you say and doing what he is suppose to.Then out if nowhere porzings jumps over him and dunks on him. A good rebounder to me his someone that just goes and gets it.

You should be a coach.

That's why he is called the 'Unicorn'. How does this apply to 99.9% of players? Blocking out is one of the basics of basketball. Yes, insane athleticism helps, but if you can apply the basics to your athleticism you will be that much better.

Now back to UTEP recruiting..

Last edited:
Stroud now has an offer from UNM. So far its UTEP, UNM, SDSU, UNLV and GCU. Lets hope having him in his backyard for the past 3 years gave Terry the heads up!

Wade lil brother making sport center and on the #1 high school team the nation couldn't even get an offer from UTEP smh. Can guarantee he is better PG than the current PGs

It will be interesting to see if Martinez's teammate, and fellow UTEP signee, Teddy Ochieng is also in Terry's plans. While he is athletic at 6'8", he projects as a major project. In my opinion, we need interior guys who are ready to plug and play. Terry has been on the road recruiting JCs this week, so hopefully we will hear of more offers soon.

Wade lil brother making sport center and on the #1 high school team the nation couldn't even get an offer from UTEP smh. Can guarantee he is better PG than the current PGs
From what I have seen of Trevin Wade in game situations, I would take Gilyard over him easily. Based on his current offers, it seems other coaches would agree. My question is whether Gilyard will decide to stick around. If Terry begins offering to a bunch of PGs in the late period, I think that will be an indication of what he expects in terms of the guys coming back.

From what I have seen of Trevin Wade in game situations, I would take Gilyard over him easily. Based on his current offers, it seems other coaches would agree. My question is whether Gilyard will decide to stick around. If Terry begins offering to a bunch of PGs in the late period, I think that will be an indication of what he expects in terms of the guys coming back.
You probably haven't seen him as much I have but can tell you he a better defender, passer and all around decision maker than Gilyard. I think coaches are hestaint b/c of his size but I think some other CUSA coaches are ready to pull the trigger. I was just hoping we would pull the trigger before both Wades are gone.

You probably haven't seen him as much I have but can tell you he a better defender, passer and all around decision maker than Gilyard. I think coaches are hestaint b/c of his size but I think some other CUSA coaches are ready to pull the trigger. I was just hoping we would pull the trigger before both Wades are gone.
Thanks for the insight TW3miner. If he is an upgrade, it is a shame if the new staff has yet to offer. Athletically, he is obviously off the charts, which can make up for his lack of height. He's sounds like a guy to keep an eye on.

Does UTEP have a chance at Wendell Mitchell? He is rated the number 1 juco recruit . Out of high school he was a Baylor commit . 247 says utep has offered.

Reactions: axingfools1
Or Jordan Brangers. I think he's a better overall talent. However he's been committed to 3 D1 schools already so not sure on his reliability. We do need some quality recruits here coming in next year. Still unsure who's coming back, but we are already behind the 8 ball recruiting wise.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
I was looking at his dunk NJCAA TV on his twitter page and noticed how the opposing big man put his hands behind his back in mid air so as to not get a foul call, LOL! That is funny.

Are seeing this UTEP big men? When there are a few precious minutes left in the second half and you have four fouls, this is what you do.....

I was looking at his dunk NJCAA TV on his twitter page and noticed how the opposing big man put his hands behind his back in mid air so as to not get a foul call, LOL! That is funny.

Are seeing this UTEP big men? When there are a few precious minutes left in the second half and you have four fouls, this is what you do.....
That guy just jumped up like a dolphin ha ha.

Reactions: Lil_Train
At last nights town hall, coach Terry was quoted that he hopes to keep 6 of the current scholarship players. ????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT