ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry makes 1st UTEP offer / Basketball Recruiting

Terry will live and die by the transfer market. At this point he has given up on hs recruits. That’s one way to assemble a team. I want to win next season so he needs to bring in grad transfers and jucos. Unless he knows the ncaa will approve the one time transfer waiver.

Edit. Never mind. Apparently he’s eligible immediately.

Terry will live and die by the transfer market. At this point he has given up on hs recruits. That’s one way to assemble a team. I want to win next season so he needs to bring in grad transfers and jucos. Unless he knows the ncaa will approve the one time transfer waiver.

Edit. Never mind. Apparently he’s eligible immediately.
This still applies though. If Terry is let go soon it will be a complete start over for the next coach. Some of us were worried this would happen if Terry won and took a high major job, but now it could just be a start over from a botched attempt.

Year 3 is the make or break year. He better bring in a few more players and find his PG. He better also somehow learn to manage his players and the game or Wilson will make her move.

This still applies though. If Terry is let go soon it will be a complete start over for the next coach. Some of us were worried this would happen if Terry won and took a high major job, but now it could just be a start over from a botched attempt.

Year 3 is the make or break year. He better bring in a few more players and find his PG. He better also somehow learn to manage his players and the game or Wilson will make her move.
Nothing's happened in recent memory to give me any reason for optimism. The future looks mighty bleak.
Hey maybe expecting nothing is a good omen. We've been expecting something every year and got nothing.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Actually I think this kid looks pretty good on film and I'm glad he is eligible now. He is pretty big and athletic for a SF (Wasburn size). When he got playing time at the end of his freshman year he shot .38% from 3 against some good ACC teams. He is a good free throw shooter (with limited numbers) and looks to have a pretty decent handle. If he can play D and attack the rim when the opportunity allows, then we MIGHT be in for a nice suprise.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
What if this time terry is actually constructing pieces that when put together will be a team..instead of just a bunch of athletic players that all had the same strengths and weaknesses....

ok why is this kid immediately eligible??

What if this time terry is actually constructing pieces that when put together will be a team..instead of just a bunch of athletic players that all had the same strengths and weaknesses....

ok why is this kid immediately eligible??
Probably because he redshirted and didn't play this season. I will welcome any strategy that Terry can concoct that wins games.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I thought when you transferred you had to sit out a year either way... must be staying behind on all the rules

Lmao, so he's 60% closer to home. Common sense says that's a better situation for him and whatever family issues he had/has going on.

Common sense says that was just an excuse...a way to avoid calling out the shit show CRT is running so that he didn’t run the risk of being labeled “trouble” for being dissenting.

Reactions: miner1liner
Common sense says that was just an excuse...a way to avoid calling out the shit show CRT is running so that he didn’t run the risk of being labeled “trouble” for being dissenting.
I think Lathon already earned that label after Northwestern mysteriously pulled his scholarship. I get the wanna get away from the disaster Terry is building but he’s not going about it a shrewd way. He’s joining a worse disaster and by the time he’s eligible Baldwin is probably not going be the hc. Strange move but I guess whatever it takes to get away from Terry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT