ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry makes 1st UTEP offer / Basketball Recruiting

Elijah Weaver 4* soph PG transferring from USC (sit out)

Dejon Jerraeu 4* Jr PG has entered the NBA draft and has until June 3rd to withdrawal his name. He doesn't start at Houston (although Hinton entered his name), but plays decent minutes. I think he may transfer if he returns. He had 9 assists against us. He would be a star in CUSA. What do you think Fanticoog? I think Floyd recruited him if I remember correctly.

Of course Jamal Bienemy (sit out) or Mack would be nice adds too

Dejon Jerraeu 4* Jr PG has entered the NBA draft and has until June 3rd to withdrawal his name. He doesn't start at Houston (although Hinton entered his name), but plays decent minutes. I think he may transfer if he returns. He had 9 assists against us. He would be a star in CUSA. What do you think Fanticoog? I think Floyd recruited him if I remember correctly.

I agree, he’d be a star in CUSA. He’s actually not the best fit at UH, or rather Sampson is not the best fit for his style of play. He’s gotta have “wide open spaces...room to make big mistakes”, but when he has that, he is ultra creative and it pays off. Drove Sampson crazy at times. Can be a little sloppy trying to make too much happen...too much playground ball. Plays almost a throw back kind of game, like he belonged in the 90s or something. Along with his look, even the name he goes by, Deeky, sounds like it came from that decade.

He’d be a helluva get for CRT. He can facilitate, score and rebound. Just don’t let him shoot the 3. If I remember correctly he was the AAC 6th man of the year a couple years ago.

I agree, he’d be a star in CUSA. He’s actually not the best fit at UH, or rather Sampson is not the best fit for his style of play. He’s gotta have “wide open spaces...room to make big mistakes”, but when he has that, he is ultra creative and it pays off. Drove Sampson crazy at times. Can be a little sloppy trying to make too much happen...too much playground ball. Plays almost a throw back kind of game, like he belonged in the 90s or something. Along with his look, even the name he goes by, Deeky, sounds like it came from that decade.

He’d be a helluva get for CRT. He can facilitate, score and rebound. Just don’t let him shoot the 3. If I remember correctly he was the AAC 6th man of the year a couple years ago.

So, for shits and giggles he would be another Kaden Archie?

Lmao, speculating about a player who hasnt even announced his intentions to transfer... or even play college ball for that matter. On the bright side, he bit a dude last year... so that should help weed out some better programs.
LMAO if you think coaches are not eyeing players that may potentially transfer. Pretty naive on your part.

Transfers

The groups also received an update from the Transfer Waiver Working Group. That group, appointed by the board last fall, was charged with studying potential changes to the waiver process. Waiver guidelines can be changed at any time, and that group has recommended that waiver guidelines allow the opportunity for a one-time transfer waiver for student-athletes in the five sports not legislatively allowed to transfer and compete immediately: men’s basketball, women’s basketball, baseball, men’s ice hockey and football. The waiver criteria would mirror the legislative opportunity for student-athletes in other sports. The Division I Council could vote on the guideline changes as early as its May meeting.

The waiver working group also recommended the board lift the moratorium on transfer legislation to allow the membership to consider proposals that could provide permanent access to the one-time transfer opportunity for all Division I student-athletes.

The board agreed to lift the moratorium on transfer legislation for the 2020-21 legislative cycle but recommended to the Council that changes to the waiver process as suggested by the working group are not appropriate at this time. Board members recommended the waiver process be sensitive to student-athlete well-being, especially those impacted by COVID-19 in the interim period.

So, for shits and giggles he would be another Kaden Archie?

Hell no. Kaden I hadn’t seen play and took someone’s word for how good he was. Jarraeu I’ve seen play many times. He’s not just an athlete, he’s a baller, unlike Archie. No comparison except the amount of stars next to their names coming out of HS.

Ha. We think alike axing. Just got down to your post and saw our similar comparisons of DJ to KA (4 star players).

Jahcobi Neath Fresh PG transferring from Wake Forest. Was offered by Terry last year.

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/c...cle_54b5d1f0-f285-5877-b0a9-8b2665c78e5f.html

Reactions: JCorona
".....It’s worth noting that both players who were asked about Manning’s status after the loss to Pittsburgh in the ACC tournament — Neath and Brown — have announced intentions of leaving the program.

Their situations are different, though: Brown released the four schools that he’s considering Saturday night (Gonzaga, LSU, Illinois and Iowa State), while Neath has left open the possibility to return to Wake Forest."

Now this is a transfer I hope Terry lands. I would think Terry has to be going after him? Heck, bring Manning over. UTEP fans will drool over him sitting in the DHC.

I was talking about 20-21.
I don't think he will be eligible for 20-21 (unless he gets a waiver for some extraneous circumstance). I doubt it, but I don't really understand the NCAA anymore.

I think Ahmed Ali (Hawaii transfer via Wash. St) would be a good option for 20-21 if he is healthy. I wonder if Terry is after him?

If he's not going to be available with BW, then I don't see this being worth much. A lot can happen by the time he'd be eligible, including the removal of our HC who recruited him
This is true. Bienemy will be worth a lot when he is eigible, but I would prefer to see him with this years team. This goes back to the notion of UTEP having a hard time overlapping important players. Its virtually impossible with the transfers now, but it can be done with good recruiting and good coaching.

Terry still needs a PG this year and needs to start figuring out how to replace BW next year. Either that or find a dominant center and move Tydus to the 4. Right now, he has 2 spots for this season and 2 spots after next season. In the meantime he needs to coach better and win more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT