ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry to UT?

He's not taking a pay cut.

Probably not in Salary. But UTEP had alot of Benefits for Head Coaches that included cars, country club memberships, travel perks, etc.... Also, Nike doesn't stipend Asst. Coaches. He won't get money for the coaches shows and putting his name on youth camps. I know there are alot of perks Texas Assistants get a well and its like hitting the lotto, but its not what the head guy gets.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Probably not in Salary. But UTEP had alot of Benefits for Head Coaches that included cars, country club memberships, travel perks, etc.... Also, Nike doesn't stipend Asst. Coaches. He won't get money for the coaches shows and putting his name on youth camps. I know there are alot of perks Texas Assistants get a well and its like hitting the lotto, but its not what the head guy gets.
He is at UT. He will probably get better benefits there as an assistant coach than he did here.

He is at UT. He will probably get better benefits there as an assistant coach than he did here.

He is going to be well compensated for sure, but UTEP Head Coaches do really well in the benefits area.

But its not like he's hurting for money anyway. He just saw the writing on the wall that he is a bad head coach and he wasn't going to turn this around ever.

The article says now UTEP "has" to look for a new coach. It should say UTEP "gets" to look for a new coach.

This couldn't have worked out better for UTEP. We recently thought we were stuck with 3 more years of Terry, thanks to Senter. Now we have zero more years left and the hope of landing a solid coach right away plus $500k from Texas to help. Senter better not screw this opportunity up.

Don't know if this has been discussed or not, but although this is the greatest possible news for a Miner fan (to get rid of the worthless HC), it probably means goodbye to Williams as well.
Jim Senter had better use every ounce of brain he's got to get the best available and I suggest he seek outside help in doing his work.

Married to a Longhorn alum. Right not our feelings are twilight'ish. She's happy Terry is going to UT for recruiting purposes and I'm happy he's gone.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Then why did Terry’s hire come after Adams was promoted?
Terry had been linked to Texas since Beard was hired. He took his sweet time to agree but the contract was in the works since last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT