ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Terry to UT?

It isn’t better. The move shows that Terry knows he sucks as a head coach.

I disagree. He will get much more exposure being at UT even as an assistant. UT has the funds, name recognition, and talent that they should be competing for championships every year in every sport. If Terry is on a team that makes a run in the tourney, he is almost guaranteed a solid D1 head coaching position.

Think of all of Saban's assistants at Bama or Belicheks with the Patriots, almost all of them got the great head coaching jobs.

Rodney got screwed by UTEP and the boosters. There is little to no financial support around the program. I went to several booster events and getting people to pay $5k or $10k was brutal. The team has no nutrition training table so instead, they eat shit food. The program needs a full-blown remodel and the school needs to focus its athletic dollars on men's and women's basketball and not football.

I disagree. He will get much more exposure being at UT even as an assistant. UT has the funds, name recognition, and talent that they should be competing for championships every year in every sport. If Terry is on a team that makes a run in the tourney, he is almost guaranteed a solid D1 head coaching position.

Think of all of Saban's assistants at Bama or Belicheks with the Patriots, almost all of them got the great head coaching jobs.

Rodney got screwed by UTEP and the boosters. There is little to no financial support around the program. I went to several booster events and getting people to pay $5k or $10k was brutal. The team has no nutrition training table so instead, they eat shit food. The program needs a full-blown remodel and the school needs to focus its athletic dollars on men's and women's basketball and not football.
Easy fix. Hire the next coach at the cusa median of 500k and spend the other 230k on feeding the players.

On the men's side of basketball, yes. No disrespect intended towards woman's basketball; I just agree that we're wasting millions on football. UTEP has never been and will never be a football school.

Reactions: nattybry
On the men's side of basketball, yes. No disrespect intended towards woman's basketball; I just agree that we're wasting millions on football. UTEP has never been and will never be a football school.

There is nothing the school or City can do to make UTEP relevant in football. Let the City buy and run the Sun Bowl for concerts, random soccer games, high school games, and the bowl game. The University could build a solid midmajor program with the proper funds.

Anyone want to chip in for a box of chocolates and fruit edible arrangement for Coach Beard?

Don't send to Beard. Send to Marquette AD Bill Scholl. Scholl fired Steve Wojciechowski and lured Shaka Smart away from UT. That created the opening for Beard who then pulled Rodney Terry over.

Bill Scholl is the real hero here. At least until Jim Senter ****s it all up again.

Don't send to Beard. Send to Marquette AD Bill Scholl. Scholl fired Steve Wojciechowski and lured Shaka Smart away from UT. That created the opening for Beard who then pulled Rodney Terry over.

Bill Scholl is the real hero here. At least until Jim Senter ****s it all up again.
The real hero is Golding. Texas was poised to make a deep run. He crashed the party and sent Smart packing.

what a crock. Just win and the boosters will be there. it's gotten old. we've been eating a shit product for too long, on and off the court

what a crock. Just win and the boosters will be there. it's gotten old. we've been eating a shit product for too long, on and off the court

Just win? have you sent your resume in to be the coach? You can get away with saying that in high school sports but at the NCAA and pro levels that isn't the case, unfortunately. You have to provide proper nutrition, training facilities/staff, good equipment, coaching, etc. to be a contender. I think the Don is a very solid arena and our practice facility is very close to being a very nice facility.

As I stated earlier in this thread, at the booster dinners (which getting money was like pulling teeth) the top items requested by the staff were a solid nutritional training table, minor upgrades in the practice facility, and assistance with chartering flights for travel. You cant struggle with those items and think that top recruits will be drawn to the program.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Just win? have you sent your resume in to be the coach? You can get away with saying that in high school sports but at the NCAA and pro levels that isn't the case, unfortunately. You have to provide proper nutrition, training facilities/staff, good equipment, coaching, etc. to be a contender. I think the Don is a very solid arena and our practice facility is very close to being a very nice facility.

As I stated earlier in this thread, at the booster dinners (which getting money was like pulling teeth) the top items requested by the staff were a solid nutritional training table, minor upgrades in the practhice facility, and assistance with chartering flights for travel. You cant struggle with those items and think that top recruits will be drawn to the program.
oh sure, the "are you a coach argument". As if that you have to be one to have an insight into how these things work. yes, find. way to win. other programs do more with less. the problem wasnt the athletes, it was in-game decision making, rotations, substitutions, etc, blocking fans on twitter, being confrontational with the media. No one is going to support your program if you don't offer an even half-decent product.

oh sure, the "are you a coach argument". As if that you have to be one to have an insight into how these things work. yes, find. way to win. other programs do more with less. the problem wasnt the athletes, it was in-game decision making, rotations, substitutions, etc, blocking fans on twitter, being confrontational with the media. No one is going to support your program if you don't offer an even half-decent product.
Exactly.

Reactions: NY/NJminer
Giving up football is neither the solution nor necessary. Football success at UTEP has been sporadic but when it happens it eclipses every program in cusa. If anyone attended, or watched on tv the UTEP vs Houston game in the Miners 1st cusa game then you know first hand how much El Pasoans love and enjoy a good UTEP football team.

Rather than give up on football, create and sustain a winning program so that our university can have a healthier athletic department, add baseball down the road and so on.

Terry about to make 225k on his house. The EP market is really getting crazy now.

Terry about to make 225k on his house. The EP market is really getting crazy now.
I think it’s everywhere... my house that I bought was in better shape and bigger than most around me for 115 and the one that sold next to me a couple days ago sold for about 210.... they said I could get like 230 for it problem is all the house in our area are like 340 and up now it’s crazy

Reactions: axingfools1
I think it’s everywhere... my house that I bought was in better shape and bigger than most around me for 115 and the one that sold next to me a couple days ago sold for about 210.... they said I could get like 230 for it problem is all the house in our area are like 340 and up now it’s crazy
Same in Austin. It's unreal. 225k won't buy you a liveable house. Most of the locals are taxed out and bought out. Homes that used to sell for 90-100k in the early 2000's are going for 400k and above.

Same in Austin. It's unreal. 225k won't buy you a liveable house. Most of the locals are taxed out and bought out. Homes that used to sell for 90-100k in the early 2000's are going for 400k and above.
Yep, he definitely may not be able to get the same type of home in Austin unless he's willing to go a million+

Reactions: JCorona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT