ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches better than Rodney Terry thread

Instead of holding Terry’s feet to the fire, Senter gives him a one year extension. I have come to the conclusion that winning just isn’t important at UTEP in any sport. Good conduct, grades, graduation all preceed winning in order of importance, like they are mutually exclusive.

Not only that, my football season ticket renewal packet arrived last week. Senter had the audacity to double the price of my football season tickets!! What a joke!! I won’t be supporting UTEP financially until Senter is relieved of his duties. Until then, I’ll be supporting them from a distance.

nowwins intent is to sow discord upon the miner fans on here whom are displeased with Dimel & Terry. Did you see a post about "hey, the Miners did play good" during the FIU, Charlotte or a tough outing against Kansas? No. When UTEP wins he disappears or hides behind fans disgruntled posts even when they do win.

Reactions: Lil_Train
nowwins intent is to sow discord upon the miner fans on here whom are displeased with Dimel & Terry. Did you see a post about "hey, the Miners did play good" during the FIU, Charlotte or a tough outing against Kansas? No. When UTEP wins he disappears or hides behind fans disgruntled posts even when they do win.

Listen here dumd dumb. I already responded to your questions in the Texas thread. FIU is a piece of shit team. They’re 2-15 in CUSA this year and the Miners beat them at home. UTEP should beat a team like like 95% of the time. Charlotte is 5-11 in CUSA and we beat them at home. Obviously a honk like you celebrates wins like those. Yeah, good job Terry, blowing a double digit lead in the 2nd half! UTEP2Step and the moral victory patrol are super stoked over a loss!!!

The point of this thread is to show fans (dumb ones like you) who think you need 5+ years to get a winner here.

This App St guy makes $300,000 and lead his team to the NCAAs in his 2nd season! Terry makes double his salary and hasn’t come close to winning any CUSA honor.

Be sure to keep track of this thread so you can see all the other lower paid coaches winning stuff. While you try and change the subject because you like being mediocre.

This is why the regular season is meaningless. It doesn't matter how bad or good you did if you win or don't win it all. Any team can get hot and any hot team can get caught cold and knocked out.

Which current CUSA coach has taken their team to the ncaa by year 2?

Last edited:
Which current CUSA coach has taken their team to the ncaa by year 2?

The conference doesn’t matter. The Sun Belt coaches, coach and recruit against other Sun Belt coaches. WAC coaches, coach and recruit against other WAC coaches. Same with the SWAC, NEC, and every other conference. This guy did it in 2 years. It doesn’t matter how much you pay them, good coaches will do stuff like this.

In the CAA tonight, the #6 and #8 seeds are playing for the championship. Why can’t that ever be UTEP? Why do some of you always have a list of excuses to keep bad coaches?

The conference doesn’t matter. The Sun Belt coaches, coach and recruit against other Sun Belt coaches. WAC coaches, coach and recruit against other WAC coaches. Same with the SWAC, NEC, and every other conference. This guy did it in 2 years. It doesn’t matter how much you pay them, good coaches will do stuff like this.

In the CAA tonight, the #6 and #8 seeds are playing for the championship. Why can’t that ever be UTEP? Why do some of you always have a list of excuses to keep bad coaches?
So none huh? Took Kermit 10 years. Jones 6, DAntoni 4, and no other coach has made it yet.

It could happen. We haven't been eliminated yet. No excuses just the reality that cusa is hard to win outright or maintain success.

So none huh? Took Kermit 10 years. Jones 6, DAntoni 4, and no other coach has made it yet.

It could happen. We haven't been eliminated yet. No excuses just the reality that cusa is hard to win outright or maintain success.

Oh, we’re counting Kermit’s time coaching in the Sun Belt? Didn’t know that we could skew stats to our liking. In Kermit’s first season in CUSA, he tied for the league title and went to the NCAAs in his 3rd and 4th years. Rodney hasn’t won anything here

Jeff Jones won the Vegas 16 and made the NIT Final 4 by his third year at ODU. If Terry had made a NIT Final 4, we’re not having this conversation.

UTEP2Step and the moral victory patrol are super stoked over a loss!!!
Bingo! Why does that bother you? Ok, so others and some on here do find moral victories in a Kansas loss but ream Terry when the team loses to a USM team or Rice.

BTW, we're playing FAU, not FIU. FIU had to forfeit.

What? Who is making excuses on here? Why do you care? I, Corona or anyone who actually is a fan of UTEP on here is making any excuses, as a matter of fact it's the total opposite.

You want this site to be quiet due to the failure of both major programs the past few years and yet it is not. You're bothered by this and it eats at you. Why? Just leave; you don't have to be on here.

Also, there is a 5% to under 10% percent increase in D1 road wins, that may seem low to you but that's crazy. Covid is the reason. Why isn't NMSU dancing this year? Covid is the direct reason. (and please stop with our obsession. They're our #1 direct rival).

Back, to UTEP. There is no reason for Terry having this team underachieve this year, none. You "thumbs up" constantly the fire Terry comments but get frustrated when someone on here wants Terry to improve. That's the point......it's our team! UTEP fans expect a close game to top teams, and that bothers you.

Oh, we’re counting Kermit’s time coaching in the Sun Belt? Didn’t know that we could skew stats to our liking. In Kermit’s first season in CUSA, he tied for the league title and went to the NCAAs in his 3rd and 4th years. Rodney hasn’t won anything here

Jeff Jones won the Vegas 16 and made the NIT Final 4 by his third year at ODU. If Terry had made a NIT Final 4, we’re not having this conversation.
Just counting the time it took them from the time they were hired until the time they made the NCAA. Take away Kermit. That leaves two active coaches with an ncaa trip.

Tulsa is a good anomaly. Still took them 11 years in between that cusa auto bid and their last one in 03.

I agree if Terry had made an NIT run he wouldn't have as much heat. Hopefully it doesn't take him 9 years like it did Kermit before his first NIT trip.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
... Rodney hasn’t won anything here....

What do you want punk? Spell it out. If care so much as you claim, send email after email after email to Senter. Some on here have.

Don't expect us on here to fight some f'ed up battle in you pea brain mind so you can sow chaos.

Who is making excuses on here? Why do you care? I, Corona or anyone who actually is a fan of UTEP on here is making any excuses, as a matter of fact it's the total opposite.

You want this site to be quiet due to the failure of both major programs the past few years and yet it is not. You're bothered by this and it eats at you. Why? Just leave; you don't have to be on here.

Also, there is a 5% to under 10% percent increase in D1 road wins, that may seem low to you but that's crazy. Covid is the reason. Why isn't NMSU dancing this year? Covid is the direct reason. (and please stop with our obsession. They're our #1 direct rival).

Back, to UTEP. There is no reason for Terry having this team underachieve this year, none. You "thumbs up" constantly the fire Terry comments but get frustrated when someone on here wants Terry to improve. That's the point......it's our team! UTEP fans expect a close game to top teams, and that bothers you.

yeah, I want this site to be quiet, that’s why I post here. Do you actually believe the drivel you write? You and some others want everyone to be a cheerleader and think everything is fine, it’s not. Again, you’re just upset because other schools do more with less and you’re trying to defend shitty hires by a shitty AD.

I see you’re a fortune teller? NMSU hasn’t been eliminated from the WAC Tournament, so how do you know they aren’t dancing this year. Again, another thread with nothing NMSU related and you bring them up. Are you going to kill yourself if they win the WAC?

What do you want punk? Spell it out. If care so much as you claim, send email after email after email to Senter. Some on here have.

Don't expect us on here to fight some f'ed up battle in you pea brain mind so you can sow chaos.
I.E., let me start off.......

I want better rebounding night after night, not just the "big marquee" games. When UTEP gets outrebounded, they lose.

Scoring efficiency by Bienemy. Terry stated he needs to add some scoring. He's not and fans are frustrated.

Too much Marshall ball by chucking up the three's. We now have 3 quality big men since Efe is back. Use them.

Boum, Bienemy, "Saucy" and Kennedy need to break front court presses waaaaaay better. Kansas, USM, UNT, La Tech have exposed that easily.

Give it a stab Grimace.

I want him to win something and for people like you to see how pitiful a job UTEP does as a D1 school. No expectations and people like you to try and bring down other schools, who actually accomplish things.

Yeah, I will email Senter so I can get a coffee date and him tell me he’s not wrong and I am. Sounds like a great idea!!!!

yeah, I want this site to be quiet, that’s why I post here. Do you actually believe the drivel you write? You and some others want everyone to be a cheerleader and think everything is fine, it’s not. Again, you’re just upset because other schools do more with less and you’re trying to defend shitty hires by a shitty AD.

I see you’re a fortune teller? NMSU hasn’t been eliminated from the WAC Tournament, so how do you know they aren’t dancing this year. Again, another thread with nothing NMSU related and you bring them up. Are you going to kill yourself if they win the WAC?
Spell. It. Out? What do you want?

When UTEP does win, you're quiet. I brought NMSU because they are a good example of this covid year. They were loaded, but couldn't play. Can't play much it's tough to produce wins. Stop your slight of hand comment.

Spell. It. Out? What do you want?

When UTEP does win, you're quiet. I brought NMSU because they are a good example of this covid year. They were loaded, but couldn't play. Can't play much it's tough to produce wins. Stop your slight of hand comment.

I just did you moron. NMSU could be 1-5 and still win their conference tournament. Whatever wins they do or don’t have, are irrelevant at this point.

I don’t care how the wins come, better rebounding, paying off the refs, shooting 100 3’s, I don’t care. I just want wins and wins when it matters. Beating FIU and Charlotte mean nothing. Finishing .500 in this shit league means nothing.

You and some others want everyone to be a cheerleader and think everything is fine, it’s not.

No punk. You and some others? Want everyone?

Most on here care tremendously about UTEP. We hurl insults at each other but I know TxRdKiller, Corona, Maniac, et al. care. Don't use "others" for me attacking you specifically because you do not care. They are blasting Terry (or Dimel) because they want the losing/underachieving to stop! You just want UTEP to fail, period. Huuuuuuuuuuge difference.

Reactions: NY/NJminer
I think it's crazy that nmsu is 7-7 rated 182 by NET and 187 by RPI and their odds of winning the wac are +250

La Tech is 19-6 rated 74 by NET and 34 by RPI and their odds to win CUSA is +350.

I think it's crazy that nmsu is 7-7 rated 182 by NET and 187 by RPI and their odds of winning the wac are +250

La Tech is 19-6 rated 74 by NET and 34 by RPI and their odds to win CUSA is +350.

That’s the “respect” a dominate team gets. CUSA has no dominate team anymore.

I know you disagree but I'd rather be going to the NCAAs every year as WAC champs than rotting away in C-USA. Being in the WAC doesn't mean you can't schedule a Kansas or Texas every year.

We’ve tried to explain this simple concept to him multiple times. He enjoys being in CUSA despite not taking advantage of all its bowl opportunities and claims superiority over FBS independence.

I know you disagree but I'd rather be going to the NCAAs every year as WAC champs than rotting away in C-USA. Being in the WAC doesn't mean you can't schedule a Kansas or Texas every year.
Until we consistently beat the bottom feeders of cusa there's no guarantee we would win the wac.

Wow, another coach doing it in 2 years! Won the regular season title too. Definitely not good enough to coach at UTEP

Jerod Haase won the tournament in his 3rd season at UAB and then won a first round game in the NCAAs. Too hard to replicate here at UTEP.

Bulldshit and you know it. Cut the crap.

Did you listen to CRT post game comments? No you didn't because that was crap as well.

Idiot

Correct. Us fans should have to wait 8 years before we can have a good team. Schools like Cleveland St and AppSt are almost Duke level, we’re lucky to have Coach Terry!!!
I’m just curious. Honest question. Who can you think of on this board that wants CRT to stick around?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT