ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball 2020- '21

I-10 Rivals NMSU and UTEP

Jans: "Not my decision. We want to play"; but he fails to keep Covid away from program even in self isolation. UTEP fans reaction: "NMSU is better than UTEP. UTEP chicken shit out of playing them!" (totally untrue but spread over social media and message boards (like here)

Terry: Keeps Covid away from the team (which is not easy) and didn't have to leave campus for self isolation, unlike the NMSU aggies, even when El Paso Covid numbers were raging when the season started. UTEP is playing it's schedule but the team show inconsistency from one opponent to the next. UTEP allowing a few fans in the stands to watch. However, UTEP fans "Fire Terry! Fire Senter!".

Please don't tell me Jans has no culpability. This is totally on him despite his BS video on twitter.

From what I understand, UTEP doesn't want to pay NMSU more than normal to play here because they relocated.

So what normally would be a 45 mile drive that cost x is now a trip from Arizona that cost 3x.

I guess the rationale is we aren't giving you 3x the money cause you moved.

I-10 Rivals NMSU and UTEP

Jans: "Not my decision. We want to play"; but he fails to keep Covid away from program even in self isolation. UTEP fans reaction: "NMSU is better than UTEP. UTEP chicken shit out of playing them!" (totally untrue but spread over social media and message boards (like here)

Terry: Keeps Covid away from the team (which is not easy) and didn't have to leave campus for self isolation, unlike the NMSU aggies, even when El Paso Covid numbers were raging when the season started. UTEP is playing it's schedule but the team show inconsistency from one opponent to the next. UTEP allowing a few fans in the stands to watch. However, UTEP fans "Fire Terry! Fire Senter!".

Please don't tell me Jans has no culpability. This is totally on him despite his BS video on twitter.

How many conferences championships and NCAA appearances does NMSU have the last 10 seasons? UTEP has ZERO for both.

But yeah, thanks so much Senter and Terry for allowing to see this awesome basketball team!!!!

I’ve heard of Moccio for ad but he has handled the pandemic terrible. We could do better.

How many conferences championships and NCAA appearances does NMSU have the last 10 seasons? UTEP has ZERO for both.

But yeah, thanks so much Senter and Terry for allowing to see this awesome basketball team!!!!
Take it from a person who makes this mistake all the time on here, read carefully. I in no way questioned their performance on the court.

I questioned Jans video because he has been unable to keep the virus at bay from the team while they are in isolation.

Second, there is some confusion by Miner fans as to the home and home series. Once again this is on NMSU, specifically Jans. They chose to hit the road and live in a bubble which has not gone well and it appears to be a good thing UTEP didn't go play them for the away game; cost and possible exposure.

Take it from a person who makes this mistake all the time on here, read carefully. I in no way questioned their performance on the court.

I questioned Jans video because he has been unable to keep the virus at bay from the team while they are in isolation.

Second, there is some confusion by Miner fans as to the home and home series. Once again this is on NMSU, specifically Jans. They chose to hit the road and live in a bubble which has not gone well and it appears to be a good thing UTEP didn't go play them for the away game; cost and possible exposure.

NMSU didn't choose to hit the road. The governor made them leave. They weren't allowed to practice or play in New Mexico.

Can't really blame anybody for getting covid, especially when they are staying at a hotel. It's not a bubble it's a hotel with many other guests.

I want something to be positive about UTEP........ANYTHING. However, right now there is nothing. The athletic department in the worst ran athletic department in the entire country. We've had our own covid problems like everyone else. The entire athletic department has to be be burned down and rebuilt. Everyone in the Brumbelow building needs to be fired and we can start new. Hopefully we get a new AD very soon or this disaster will get worse.

Last edited:

You said that UTEP fans are saying "Fire Senter, Fire Terry!!". Those sentiments have nothing to do with being able to play basketball this season, while NMSU hasn't been able to.

It’s ok he hasn’t played much outside of concussion protocol either —- normal day at the office
Yep. Great time to get you know who a few minutes. We all know that La Tech will has some guy who will bust our balls in the paint.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Yep. Great time to get you know who a few minutes. We all know that La Tech will has some guy who will bust our balls in the paint.
This is his chance to earn minutes. If he gets half of the minutes Efe averages and produces the same stats then going forward no reason why not to play him.

Reactions: axingfools1
This year get any money you can! If Danny Angie wanted to rent the Don take his money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT