ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball news 2018- '19

One of the comments from that thread.

o_O I really thought ODU fans had a higher basketball iq.
LMAO! God bless those people in Norfolk (ODU fans and alums specifically). They are special. They are in for one helluva awakening. I have never ever heard a school so full of themselves like ODU, and I am comparing them to Big XII schools, too.

I think he analysis was pretty spot on. He didnt pick ODU to win the conference. I think his tiers are pretty accurate.
You think UTEP will be fighting for a spot in the CUSA tournament? That’s basically what the third tier is.

You think UTEP will be fighting for a spot in the CUSA tournament? That’s basically what the third tier is.

The way I read that is that we would be fighting for 5th or 6th which is where I have us. I think he only has five teams ahead of us.

I pretty sure he thinks those 8bare going to be the only decent teams. He does mention he thinks Charlotte could sneak in.
I didn’t read it like that. Good point. I don’t think UNT and USM completely fall off the grid.

Tier 1
WKU, UTSA, ODU, UAB, UTEP

Tier 2
UNT, LT, FIU, Marshall, Charlotte

Tier 3
MTSU, Rice, FAU, USM

Reactions: axingfools1
I didn’t read it like that. Good point. I don’t think UNT and USM completely fall off the grid.
Jay Ladner at USM is supposed to take them to the top of CUSA. Sadler was specifically brought in to clean up the program, get them thru the rough stormy waters and bring in recruits to build upon. He was somewhat pretty successful (He spanked UTEP) in what he did so he told USM "My job here is done". So yes, I expect USM to challenge CUSA. The only kicker is USM has not brought in the recruits/transfers WKU and UTEP have brought in and you can not discount a first year head coach who was from the lower ranks (but he does have a winning record and knows the region). They also went the alumni route and I personally don't believe in that but some do. But it would not surprise me if USM is in the top four in CUSA next year. Literally every team in CUSA, except Rice and UTEP, is making bold claims this is "their year" for basketball. Reading the tea leaves, it's going to be surprising year and the fan base of the talkers (add ODU, UTSA, UNT, and La Tech here) will be "but what happened? It was supposed to be our year".

Don't be surprised to see Charlotte, UTEP, USM and possibly Rice to be at the top of CUSA. UNT has one hell of a coach and is an X factor so I expect top five from them. CRT is a great coach and has his players, I expect a top three finish from UTEP and a possible CUSA championship. This should be fun.

Hope you enjoyed your mini run, or what ever it was UTSA, now get back into that high school gym.:D

Reactions: JCorona
Terry announced two walk ons

"Anieus Medrano is a transfer from Bakersfield College. Medrano, a junior entering the 2019-20 season, will have two years of eligibility. The 5-foot-11 guard played in 27 contests, averaging 16.6 points per game during his sophomore season (2018-19), while connecting on 82 percent of his free throws. Medrano scored a career-high 30 points on 7-of-15 shooting form downtown against LA Valley on Dec. 6, 2018. For his efforts, Medrano was named to the Western State Conference All-Conference team. Medrano is a native of Bakersfield, Calif., and played his high school ball at Liberty High School.

Jules Williamson will be a freshman entering the 2019-20 school year. Williamson played at Aurora East High School in Aurora, Ill., and averaged 25 points per game during the 2018-19 season. The 6-foot-4 guard was named to the Upstate Eight Conference All-Conference team following his senior campaign, while earning a 2018-19 Beacon-News Boys Basketball All-Area team honorable mention. Williamson was named to the 2017-18 Beacon-News Boys Basketball All-Area second team after averaging 17.0 points per game his junior campaign."

https://kfoxtv.com/sports/miners-all-access/utep-mens-hoops-adds-grad-transfer-daryl-edwards

Reactions: axingfools1
And RICE has one of the best in CUSA.

Rice has one of the best basketball gyms in C-USA? I hope I misunderstood your post. Their gym is a ****ing joke unless I'm way out of date and they've built a new one.

Autry post renovation is a great venue. They did a great job. Corona is right it's a gem. If you haven't been I highly recommend it.
e1feea2df73447797ac9ebf37b09848a.jpg

And RICE has one of the best in CUSA.

Rice has one of the best basketball gyms in C-USA? I hope I misunderstood your post. Their gym is a ****ing joke unless I'm way out of date and they've built a new one.

Autry post renovation is a great venue. They did a great job. Corona is right it's a gem. If you haven't been I highly recommend it.

https://www.husseyseating.com/rice-university?rq=Rice University
Among the new features of Tudor Field house are a club area located behind the upper north end zone seating. The club will also offer a panoramic view of the Rice University campus. A reconfigured seating arrangement includes new mechanized seating along the sidelines which can be retracted for more court space as well as new east end zone seating for Rice students.

Amenities also include a new sound system and game information scoreboard, new concession areas and rest rooms.
https://riceowls.com/facilities/?id=4

Calling the Convocation Center an high school gym is an insult to high school gyms everywhere. I haven't been to Rice, but UTSA is by far the worst gym in CUSA.
Does any one remember when Haskins would rib SDSU for their lousy gym many moons ago?
RiqxKXr.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT