ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball News 2021- '22

Greg Heiar:

"The mens basketball team of Northwest Florida is back home, national title trophy in hand. The team making it back to Niceville around two a.m. Monday morning. That after the long bus ride home from Wichita, Kansas, after winning that program’s third NJCAA national championship. The title coming Saturday night following the 83-67 win over Salt Lake. The Raiders, under the guidance of first year coach Greg Heiar, sharing the conference title with Chipola, then lost to Chipola in the semifinals of the State Tournament. They went to Hutch as the ten seed, and won five straight games in six days! An exhaustive run, but coach Heiar telling us it was well worth the effort and energy. Greg coming in and taking over a team that was 6-15 last year. And here they are 31-5, and national champs!...."-https://www.wjhg.com/2022/03/22/greg-heiar-talks-about-winning-it-all/

This is your "no brainer" Kap.

Bu then again NMSU can go fly a kite.

Keep up with the times. SMU is considered a top twenty jo by college basketball insiders. They have great facilities. They can sell Dallas. The biggest new factor NIL. SMU is ready to capitalize on NIL. If they aren't a perrenial top 25 program it's because their administration horrifically bungles this hire.

Or maybe Fresno St played better defense?
Yes, they did. They also shot very well, making several threes, especially in the first half. The game was really over at half time. I thought Meah played better than I thought. Stroud comes off the bench and had a couple of buckets. Honestly, I think he would have been better off going to a school where he could find more PT. Just too many guys ahead of him. Maybe he will get more time next year.

Yes, they did. They also shot very well, making several threes, especially in the first half. The game was really over at half time. I thought Meah played better than I thought. Stroud comes off the bench and had a couple of buckets. Honestly, I think he would have been better off going to a school where he could find more PT. Just too many guys ahead of him. Maybe he will get more time next year.
Yep. Their D was great but SUU has a solid future.

Yep. Their D was great but SUU has a solid future.
I am not quite so sure about that. Do you remember years ago how the board was pumping up Texas-Arlington when they came in and beat us. Their potential has never really materialized. It may have been more of us over hyping them, or thinking our team was better than it was. Not sure.

The transfer portal also can devastate you, or give you lightning in a bottle. From what I have seen it seems to make the rich richer, and the poor poorer.

I hope you are right, as it would be nice to see, but it is really hard to remain consistent, and you see more single good years than multiple.

Reactions: denverutep
I am not quite so sure about that. Do you remember years ago how the board was pumping up Texas-Arlington when they came in and beat us. Their potential has never really materialized. It may have been more of us over hyping them, or thinking our team was better than it was. Not sure.

The transfer portal also can devastate you, or give you lightning in a bottle. From what I have seen it seems to make the rich richer, and the poor poorer.

I hope you are right, as it would be nice to see, but it is really hard to remain consistent, and you see more single good years than multiple.
Can’t argue with the facts of the portal world. I remember all that UT Arlington love on here back then.

However they have a great coach.

On Jayden Martinez, I saw a bunch of his games in high school, and I definitely wouldn't have projected him as an impact D1 level player. Now, I get to see him at North Texas. Happy for him. Again, it shows how difficult it is to project high school players. I can see the appeal to college coaches of recruiting guys who have already had some success at the D1 level via the portal.

The 2023 men's NCAA tournament for March Madness starts with First Four games in Dayton, Ohio and continues through to the 2023 Final Four in Houston.

The complete men's 2023 March Madness tournament schedule dates and locations are below. First, the TL/DR version:

• Selection Sunday: Sunday, March 12
  • First Four: March 14-15
  • First round: March 16-17
  • Second round: March 18-19
  • Sweet 16: March 23-24
  • Elite Eight: March 25-26
  • Final Four: April 1
  • NCAA championship game: April 3
Here is the schedule for the 2023 men's tournament:

2023 DATESROUNDCITY, STATEVENUE
March 14-15First FourDayton, OHUD Arena
March 16 & 18First/Second RoundsBirmingham, ALLegacy Arena
March 16 & 18First/Second RoundsDes Moines, IAWells Fargo Arena
March 16 & 18First/Second RoundsOrlando, FLAmway Center
March 16 & 18First/Second RoundsSacramento, CAGolden 1 Center
March 17 & 19First/Second RoundsAlbany, NYMVP Arena
March 17 & 19First/Second RoundsColumbus, OHNationwide Arena
March 17 & 19First/Second RoundsDenver, COBall Arena
March 17 & 19First/Second RoundsGreensboro, NCGreensboro Coliseum
March 23 & 25West RegionalLas Vegas, NVT-Mobile Arena
March 23 & 25East RegionalNew York, NYMadison Square Garden
March 24 & 26Midwest RegionalKansas City, MOT-Mobile Center
March 24 & 26South RegionalLouisville, KYKFC Yum! Center
April 1 & 3Final FourHouston, TXNRG Stadium

March Madness: Future sites, dates​

Here are the future sites for the NCAA Division I men's basketball Final Four:

FINAL FOUR DATESHOSTSCITY, STATEFACILITY
April 1/3, 2023Rice University, University of Houston,
Houston Baptist University, Texas Southern University
Houston, TXNRG Stadium
April 6/8, 2024Arizona State UniversityPhoenix, AZState Farm Stadium
April 5/7, 2025University of Texas at San Antonio, University of the Incarnate WordSan Antonio, TXAlamodome
April 4/6, 2026Horizon League, IUPUIIndianapolis

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT