ADVERTISEMENT

College Basketball News 2021- '22

After twenty five years, I'm ready to give up on the 'zags. They can not get it done. They will be the perennial top ten team from the past fifty years with no major national hardware.

After twenty five years, I'm ready to give up on the 'zags. They can not get it done. They will be the perennial top ten team from the past fifty years with no major national hardware.
They made the national title game last year lol. Coming from the same guy who constantly defended Price, Floyd, and Kugler until the very end. Pretty rich!

Reactions: denverutep
The difference is that they have a true chance every year, and can get to the final game. The Dallas Cowboys have truly done nothing in the last 27 years, as they can't even get past the first round of the playoffs (wild card is like a play in game). That is the team you should give up on (figuratively, since I can't remember if you are a Cowboy fan or not'), not the Zags.

Secondly, what will Every single team in the Big 10 conference be? They can't even get out of the first weekend. 22 years and counting, and they have nine chances as they almost put all of them in every year. I would take my chances with the Zags before I would take my chances with almost any other team. They wouldn't keep making them the favorites in Vegas if they legitimately didn't have a shot every single year.

The difference is that they have a true chance every year, and can get to the final game. The Dallas Cowboys have truly done nothing in the last 27 years, as they can't even get past the first round of the playoffs (wild card is like a play in game). That is the team you should give up on (figuratively, since I can't remember if you are a Cowboy fan or not'), not the Zags.

Secondly, what will Every single team in the Big 10 conference be? They can't even get out of the first weekend. 22 years and counting, and they have nine chances as they almost put all of them in every year. I would take my chances with the Zags before I would take my chances with almost any other team. They wouldn't keep making them the favorites in Vegas if they legitimately didn't have a shot every single year.
He's not a cowboy fan. I personally will never give up on any of my teams. Every season I start with the fresh optimism that this
will finally be the year I see my team do something I've never seen. Whether it be UTEP win a bowl or an NCAA tournament game. Or maybe the Cowboys reach the NFC championship or Mexico wins the quinto partido in the WC.

He's not a cowboy fan. I personally will never give up on any of my teams. Every season I start with the fresh optimism that this
will finally be the year I see my team do something I've never seen. Whether it be UTEP win a bowl or an NCAA tournament game. Or maybe the Cowboys reach the NFC championship or Mexico wins the quinto partido in the WC.
🤣
Luv it!!

Damb. You and I are a lot alike.

Reactions: JCorona
Interesting that B-Dub didn't (yet) get invited to the NBA Draft Combine. My understanding is that a few of the "G League Elite" players will be invited to the Combine based on their performance at the G League camp, so maybe he'll distinguish himself.

What tools is he (perceived as) lacking to play at the next level?

Interesting that B-Dub didn't (yet) get invited to the NBA Draft Combine. My understanding is that a few of the "G League Elite" players will be invited to the Combine based on their performance at the G League camp, so maybe he'll distinguish himself.

What tools is he (perceived as) lacking to play at the next level?
I think the scouting report below is pretty on point. I do hope Bryson gets a fair shot to make it in the big league. It would be good to see a UTEP grad back in the NBA.

I think the scouting report below is pretty on point. I do hope Bryson gets a fair shot to make it in the big league. It would be good to see a UTEP grad back in the NBA.

I always thought BW played very similar to Paul Milsap. Not great size for an NBA PF, but skilled enough. Vince Hunter was our last guy to have real shot at the NBA, but VH is a center in a SF body. VH had the huge motor and NBA athleticism, but could never really shoot or handle the ball so he was stuck. BW is athletic enough AND can shoot. I can see him finding a nice niche on the right team in the NBA. A winning team that could use a savy player with skills like Paul Milsap.

I always thought BW played very similar to Paul Milsap. Not great size for an NBA PF, but skilled enough. Vince Hunter was our last guy to have real shot at the NBA, but VH is a center in a SF body. VH had the huge motor and NBA athleticism, but could never really shoot or handle the ball so he was stuck. BW is athletic enough AND can shoot. I can see him finding a nice niche on the right team in the NBA. A winning team that could use a savy player with skills like Paul Milsap.
Bryson had an outstanding 2nd game as well. Have to think he is a lock for Combine invite.

Bdubb has great confidence in his shot. Can play inside and outside. I like his chances.

Bdubb has great confidence in his shot. Can play inside and outside. I like his chances.
Inside game he can be an absolute beast but the downside is he was not consistent. In the NBA no 15 foot game, no money. The outside game needs work. If he puts in a grueling summer workout, he can make it.

Tarleton State gets $110,000,000 from Texas A&M system to build new 7,500 seat events center. They are already upgrading their football stadium which will seat nearly 24k. Those folks made a presentation to CUSA for membership and they are making serious committments to facilities

Last edited:
Reactions: kickballpro
Tarleton State gets $110,000,000 from Texas A&M system to build new 7,500 seat events center. They are already upgrading their football stadium which will seat nearly 24k. Those folks made a presentation to CUSA for membership and they are making serious committments to facilities
They’re still a 90 minute drive from the DFW airport and were in Division 2 in 2020. If CUSA is adding a team like that, what are we doing????

They’re still a 90 minute drive from the DFW airport and were in Division 2 in 2020. If CUSA is adding a team like that, what are we doing????
Didn't say CUSA would add them, only that they are making every effort to move up and of course the target is CUSA since it is the only conference with room.

Also, CUSA is not in a position of strength, as we all know. Having potential additions that are serious about fbs aspirations, investing in facilities, etc, on speed dial could ensure survival as an fbs conference. That's an important consideration for schools in CUSA that no other conference is going to invite. WKU and MTSU could be invited to the MAC leaving CUSA with 7.

Also, CUSA is not in a position of strength, as we all know. Having potential additions that are serious about fbs aspirations, investing in facilities, etc, on speed dial could ensure survival as an fbs conference. That's an important consideration for schools in CUSA that no other conference is going to invite. WKU and MTSU could be invited to the MAC leaving CUSA with 7.
They still denied them, so CUSA has some “strength”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT