ADVERTISEMENT

College Football 2021- Post Covid Edition

I don’t think the founding fathers had any thoughts of “ Mother Earth.” Fell free to be delusional though.

I doubt they all believed there was some invisible dude flying around trying to make sure the bad guy with horns didn't bring his fire above the plane that separated his heaven from the bad guy's hell. I mean, the Earth was flat too back then, wasn't it? Or had they already figured out the Earth is actually a mostly round rock?

I doubt they all believed there was some invisible dude flying around trying to make sure the bad guy with horns didn't bring his fire above the plane that separated his heaven from the bad guy's hell. I mean, the Earth was flat too back then, wasn't it? Or had they already figured out the Earth is actually a mostly round rock?
Ancient Greek philosophers knew the Earth was round; in fact, Eratosthenes calculated a fairly accurate estimate of the Earth's circumference using the lengths of the shadows of two vertical sticks placed moles apart. Everyone who was educated knew that the Earth was round in the 1700s. It is also almost certain that the vast majority of our founding fathers, if not all, were Christians.

Non-Christian Deists such as (Thomas) Paine refused to use Judeo-Christian terminology and described God with such expressions as “Providence,” “the Creator,” “the Ruler of Great Events,” and “Nature’s God.”

Not our founding document.
Yes it is. We date our nation's founding to the ratification of that document, July 4th 1776.

Our Constitution wasn't ratified until 1788, and that wasn't our first constitution (which would be the Articles of Confederation).

You can believe or not believe in whatever you want. But that post shows you to be a hateful, intolerant person. There is no reason to ridicule others beliefs. if you think the founding fathers worshiped Mother Earth more power to you.
Guess we’ll never know until we die.
Just get off your high horse and treat everyone with respect, maybe you will get some in return.

You can believe or not believe in whatever you want. But that post shows you to be a hateful, intolerant person. There is no reason to ridicule others beliefs. if you think the founding fathers worshiped Mother Earth more power to you.
Just get off your high horse and treat everyone with respect, maybe you will get some in return.

Show me how I was disrespectful. Go ahead. I did not call you "delusional" as you did me or talk about you being on a "high horse." I read your views and expressed mine.

You are displaying the typical Trumpkin republican trait: Projection. You accuse others of doing what YOU do. Sadly, you're not the only one on 'digs but I'm not gonna call people out. No need to. Only YOUR side feels the need to do that.

It would be great if other republicans were more like Axe and KBPro. They present their views and argue their points respectfully. As do I.

Pot, meet kettle. Seems you are the one guilty of what you accused roadkiller of. Speaking of intolerance, you called him delusional, and by definition, “ridiculed” him in the process. Just a bystander’s opinion.

Does Mother Earth bequeath unalienable rights?

Well, is that not "the" question ultimately at hand? Are we not all born with a *natural* right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Or do we get that only when somebody in power assigns that "right"?

Reactions: develman
Show me how I was disrespectful. Go ahead. I did not call you "delusional" as you did me or talk about you being on a "high horse." I read your views and expressed mine.

You are displaying the typical Trumpkin republican trait: Projection. You accuse others of doing what YOU do. Sadly, you're not the only one on 'digs but I'm not gonna call people out. No need to. Only YOUR side feels the need to do that.

It would be great if other republicans were more like Axe and KBPro. They present their views and argue their points respectfully. As do I.
When I said you were be delusional I was talking about your belief the founding fathers were referring to Mother Earth as our Creator. I highly doubt that the Europeans at that time believed in Mother Earth. I will agree that Native Americans hold that belief.
You ask how were you disrespectful? Come on dude! The entire rant against God was sarcastic and showed complete disrespect for those who believe in Him. It appears to be you can’t accept that there are reasons for people to have faith in any God.
Im not some holly roller nor do I attend church. I fell many churches are just like many men, corrupt. I do believe in God, and don’t appreciate it when another insults or demeans Him. Think of it this way; I’m sure you wouldn’t want anyone bad mouthing your parents, and would defend them.

When I said you were be delusional I was talking about your belief the founding fathers were referring to Mother Earth as our Creator. I highly doubt that the Europeans at that time believed in Mother Earth. I will agree that Native Americans hold that belief.
You ask how were you disrespectful? Come on dude! The entire rant against God was sarcastic and showed complete disrespect for those who believe in Him. It appears to be you can’t accept that there are reasons for people to have faith in any God.
Im not some holly roller nor do I attend church. I fell many churches are just like many men, corrupt. I do believe in God, and don’t appreciate it when another insults or demeans Him. Think of it this way; I’m sure you wouldn’t want anyone bad mouthing your parents, and would defend them.

My speaking generally about a "god" I don't believe in does not mean I am being disrespectful to believers. It is nothing more than irreverent speech about something to which I hold no reverence.

Those who believe in a "god" are free to hold their god in high reverence. I truly don't care one iota if you or anyone else believes in a christian god, a muslim god, a buddhist god, or whatever other god people people believe in. I have no problem with that. Just don't ask non-believers to do the same as it shows, again, that projection is in play. It appears to be YOU that cannot accept that there are reasons for people to believe in NO god.

Speak irreverently about atheism all you want. It's cool until you directly attack an atheist person for not holding the same views about religion that you hold.

So you don’t fell your post was not demeaning “God”. Would have been easier to say you don’t believe than write a seven line sarcastic statement.
Anyway enjoy the day.

off-the-rails-train.gif

Well, is that not "the" question ultimately at hand? Are we not all born with a *natural* right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Or do we get that only when somebody in power assigns that "right"?
Well, the Founding Fathers argued that these rights come from God (Creator, Providence, what have you) and that we are all born with these rights, and if we live under a tyrannical government that suppresses these rights, we are justified in overthrowing it.

"their Creator"

I interpret that as Mother Earth, not as some "god."

"Until the end of time
She gives and she takes."

Last edited:
I remember Dimel biatching about him. “We threw everything at him. I told our guys to give a block in the ribs, that’ll stop him”.

It didn’t work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT