ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Branding

I think the uniforms importance in Oregon's resurgence is overblown. Oregon became realavent when Phil Knight started donating hundreds of millions of dollars. Oregon and Oregon state languished for years at the bottom of the pac 12. The difference between OSU and oregon now is phil knights money. From a branding perspective i do like the block o logo much better than the old daffy duck logo.

Tennessee has one of the most iconic logos in the block t. On Saturdays when they run out through the checkerboard endzone in their white pants and orange jerseys everyone knows who they are. The brand has suffered because they have been down for a decade. I really hope they dont do something stupid with their uniforms thats not the problem. In the late ninetys when Tennessee was dominant that block t was everywhere. It was so big ut austin started branding their merchandise with a block t. In recent years the whorns have de emphasized the block t but their baseball team still wears it on their hats. The point is tennessee didnt go out of style because their logo was out of fashion they went out of style because they havent won. Ten years ago you didnt see Alabama gear everywhere, winning cures all.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
I think the uniforms importance in Oregon's resurgence is overblown. Oregon became realavent when Phil Knight started donating hundreds of millions of dollars. Oregon and Oregon state languished for years at the bottom of the pac 12. The difference between OSU and oregon now is phil knights money. From a branding perspective i do like the block o logo much better than the old daffy duck logo.

Tennessee has one of the most iconic logos in the block t. On Saturdays when they run out through the checkerboard endzone in their white pants and orange jerseys everyone knows who they are. The brand has suffered because they have been down for a decade. I really hope they dont do something stupid with their uniforms thats not the problem. In the late ninetys when Tennessee was dominant that block t was everywhere. It was so big ut austin started branding their merchandise with a block t. In recent years the whorns have de emphasized the block t but their baseball team still wears it on their hats. The point is tennessee didnt go out of style because their logo was out of fashion they went out of style because they havent won. Ten years ago you didnt see Alabama gear everywhere, winning cures all.

Totally agree. Phil Knight and the marketing engine of Nike helped put them on the radar for recruits. Eugene is, respectfully, Sleepy Hollow minus the Headless Horseman.

I saw some pictures of the Vols new uni's. They didn't do much in changing it (and shouldn't have). The "T" is an icon and all they need to do is starting winning again. Butch Jones had his work cut out for him when he got there. This year should be when his work starts to show some traction.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
ADVERTISEMENT