ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Playoff Power Rankings

Surprised that Cincinnati is among the top 4. I know this is only the first rankings, but I still believe the selection committee will f**k over the Bearcats by the time the final rankings come out. This is assuming Cincinnati runs the table of course.

Cincinnati is ranked #6 in the College Football Playoff rankings. They have slim to no chance to make it as they do not want them in there. They did everything that was asked of them, and yet they ranked three 1 loss teams ahead of them. Also ahead of OU.

I am scratching my head as Cinncinnati has the best non conference record of any team ranked ahead of them. Alabama ranked second, can only brag about a 4-4 Miami as their best non-conference win. And before everyone says they play in a tough conference, here is their schedule:
Alabama has beaten 4-4 Miami, FCS Mercer, 4-4 Florida, 1-7 Southern Miss, 6-2 Ole Miss, 5-3 Mississippi State, 4-4 Tennessee. And lost to 6-2 Texas A&M. Sorry, but that does not justify a #2 ranking at this time. It is just a way for them to get 2 SEC schools in if they lose another game.

It is ok, because if an undefeated OU and Cincinnati do not make it, there will be way too much clamor, and they will have to expand the teams to 8 or 12.

Last edited:
Reactions: MineroFanatico
Cincinnati is ranked #6 in the College Football Playoff rankings. They have slim to no chance to make it as they do not want them in there. They did everything that was asked of them, and yet they ranked three 1 loss teams ahead of them. Also ahead of OU.

I am scratching my head as Cinncinnati has the best non conference record of any team ranked ahead of them. Alabama ranked second, can only brag about a 4-4 Miami as their best non-conference win.

It is ok, because if an undefeated OU and Cincinnati do not make it, there will be way too much clamor, and they will have to expand the teams to 8 or 12.
Ohio St, Michigan St, and Michigan will work themselves out. If Notre Dame wins out, then I like Cincy’s chances. Hopefully Georgia beats Bama and takes out the tide. There’s no way they take a 2 loss team.

Surprised that Cincinnati is among the top 4. I know this is only the first rankings, but I still believe the selection committee will f**k over the Bearcats by the time the final rankings come out. This is assuming Cincinnati runs the table of course.

I misread that link that was provided by the original poster. I thought those were the released rankings. Didn't realize they were someone's "power rankings". Should had gone to ESPN's web site instead.

So yes, as expected, Cincinnati is being f**ked over by the selection committee. And unless a major apocalypse happens in the next several weeks, the Bearcats will be cheated out of their opportunity to compete for a national championship.

I misread that link that was provided by the original poster. I thought those were the released rankings. Didn't realize they were someone's "power rankings". Should had gone to ESPN's web site instead.

So yes, as expected, Cincinnati is being f**ked over by the selection committee. And unless a major apocalypse happens in the next several weeks, the Bearcats will be cheated out of their opportunity to compete for a national championship.
It’s the first rankings, still 5 more weeks of football left

Good, hopefully they're left out. I wouldn't mind having them make it but since they're already P5 bound in my eyes they're already a cartel team. Screw them.

Ohio St, Michigan St, and Michigan will work themselves out. If Notre Dame wins out, then I like Cincy’s chances. Hopefully Georgia beats Bama and takes out the tide. There’s no way they take a 2 loss team.
Oregon is going to run the table, so they will entrench themselves there. If Alabama beats Georgia, both are in. Ohio State and Michigan State play each other, so that may eliminate 1. Also, OU could jump them if they run the table.
I think their odds are slim, which means next year they will expand the playoffs. I was surprised not seeing UTSA at all. They are 16th in the AP.

College Football Playoff Chairman Explains Why Cincinnati Isn't in the Top 4

"The committee has great respect for Cincy. The win at Notre Dame was a really impressive win," Barta said. "When you look at who they've played after that, who else did they beat?"

So there it is! A Group of 5 team will never crack the Top 4 of the CFP rankings. They have no control of their conference schedule. They can schedule all of their non-conference games on the road against Power 5 teams. That's assuming, of course, any Power 5 schools want to play them, because the risk is just too great should they lose. Just come out and say it. It's the Power 5's party, and none of the "little sisters of the poor" are invited.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT