ADVERTISEMENT

Collosal collapse

Good point. However, Williams followed Terry from Fresno and Terry Hired Williams' HS coach (or AAU coach I can't remember which one) hopefully those connections keep him here. I wonder if Williams would test the NBA water too
If we have an underperforming season and it’s a rebuild next year I could see him testing the draft or going to an NCAA team.

I think Williams too. Wouldn’t he be a graduate transfer next year? Since he sat out a year.
Why does everyone have Floyditis and assume the exact things going to happen? Most people on here are so doom n gloom so prematurely. I understand reading the tea leaves, but relax. This year was year 2 of a rebuild and we knew we'd take some close losses and probably NIT or CBI was realistic. Conference just started, it's disappointing, but we've lost 5 games by 5 or less, just wait n see, Geez!

Reactions: mikesarabia
Why does everyone have Floyditis and assume the exact things going to happen? Most people on here are so doom n gloom so prematurely. I understand reading the tea leaves, but relax. This year was year 2 of a rebuild and we knew we'd take some close losses and probably NIT or CBI was realistic. Conference just started, it's disappointing, but we've lost 5 games by 5 or less, just wait n see, Geez!
Because it’s happening as we speak. He ran off three Floyd recruits. We could use two of them this year. His two recruits didn’t show up on campus. His most priced recruit from last year is gone.

This exactly how the Floyd era started. We defended him and assumed everything was going to be ok.

Think about it. Six players gone and we haven’t finished his second year.

4 of the 5 losses are to average - at best teams. All we heard all year was about how great these transfers were. Plus Lathon, Hawkins, and Odege coming back.

It takes 1 ****ing year to turn around a basketball team. Chris Beard took over a 13-18 8th place Sun Belt team and won 30 games, both SBC regular and tournament championships, and won a NCAA tournament game. He did that in 1 year at UALR. He had 1 off season, not 2 like Terry has had so far.

Why does UTEP always have to wait? Why should fans give every ****ing coach tons of time to win? UALR won from one season to the next, you’re telling me that UALR is in a better position than UTEP? I’m tired of giving free passes and waiting.

Do you honestly think this year's Miner team will make it to the NIT or CBI? What do you anticipate their final W-L record might be?

Do you honestly think this year's Miner team will make it to the NIT or CBI? What do you anticipate their final W-L record might be?
I think they can win at least seven out of the 17 remaining games. Maybe even eight or nine. At a possible 17-15 or better the cbi would gladly take UTEP, if Senter and Terry want to pay.

Terry did make a run to the CBI finals with a young Fresno team that finished 17-16 before the start of the tournament. That’s the year they came into the Don and schooled Floyd. That’s a strong possibility.

If he makes a similar run and finishes with 21 or more wins, technically there’s not much to whine about.

I wanna see how we perform against LA tech at home. They are probably the best team in Cusa at this point. If we can beat them this team can get back on track. However we have to get some road wins. Again everyone is doom and gloom right now, but missing the point that besides Houston, we could've won the other 5 road and neutral site games. This team needs to just ratchet down at the end of games and figure out how to close, which is the toughest thing for a new team.

The issue isn't whether we could have won those games, it's that we SHOULD be winning those games. We shouldn't have problems beating teams like FIU and FAU.

FIU, in particular, was beating us the whole game. They are just plain better, and that's not at all what I expected this year..

I think they can win at least seven out of the 17 remaining games. Maybe even eight or nine. At a possible 17-15 or better the cbi would gladly take UTEP, if Senter and Terry want to pay.

Terry did make a run to the CBI finals with a young Fresno team that finished 17-16 before the start of the tournament. That’s the year they came into the Don and schooled Floyd. That’s a strong possibility.

If he makes a similar run and finishes with 21 or more wins, technically there’s not much to whine about.

This is where I am. Disappointed at the start — hopeful we can turn it around.

NIT only if they win the regular season which they won't. Yes to CBI and at this point right now 20-11 going into conference tournament.

#12 LaTech vs Kentucky in the West. Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

giphy.gif

Reactions: kickballpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT