ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to the Miner Volleyball Team for a Great Season

MinerManiac

MI Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
I congratulated our Volleyball Team at the end of the game thread for tonight's game, but it bears repeating. Even though they dropped the last three sets of tonight's game, the Volleyball Team had an absolutely fantastic season and deserves tremendous kudos. There are 334 Divison 1 Women's Volleyball teams. Sixty-four make it to the NCAA Tournament, 32 to the Women's NIVC. Not only did our Volleyball Team earn a spot as one if the last 96 teams standing, they made it all the way to the final four of the NIVC. While I certainly understand that making the New Mexico Bowl means much more to the Athletic Department than making the semifinals of the NIVC, the latter is a much more significant accomplishment. Honestly, making a minor bowl game is little more than earning a participant trophy. To my knowledge this is the most significant accomplishment by a Miner Athletic Team since the Women's Basketball Team played in the finals of the NIT.

Congratulations Miner Volleyballers! You had a great season and made us proud. I look forward to following your continued success.

Last edited:
That WNIT run set the foundation for UTEP to host games at NIVC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT