ADVERTISEMENT

Cowing enters portal

The issue with the new transfer rules is really gonna hurt schools like Utep. Anytime we get a player who is good enough, Bigger schools will be in their ear to transfer and not lose a year! Definitely need some JC or D1 transfer We'd now to compliment Smith if he stays!

Reactions: Rot
Wanna make a bet? They lose both their top receivers, play a much tougher schedule, probably going to lose Hankins too. Not to mention the coaches they will be losing. Senter extending may regret it. The season was masked by a very weak schedule and Cowing.
I'll take an early over 3 wins bet with you. $100 bucks! I can't change it if we lose more players and you can't change it if we get players back. Make it official today. I'll say 4+ regardless of who we lose

UT led him on to Dimel since his paperwork was way too late according to the story told.
A few things point to UT:

Tim Beck (now elsewhere) was recruiting him to UT, but they didn’t have a spot for him.

Jeff Banks is at UT.

UT is hungry for portal WR help and has NIL $$$ lined up.

His grades will need to be good to go to UT, but who knows where he’ll end up.

Can't blame the kid for doing what's best for him and his kid and family. He'll make more money the next two years and can now potentially be a 1st round pick!
Agree — can’t blame him at all.

NIL?I doubt it. He’s thinking bigger and longer term. Maybe he has a shot at the NFL and would like to prove himself in the P5.

Reactions: Dmanminer
He can get there from here, but whole lot easier at a P5. And more profitable. Has any local business even try to use Nil for Utep players? See a lot of car dealers and local lawyers who could use them, and I’m sure their commercials would be a lot better.!

Can't blame the kid for doing what's best for him and his kid and family. He'll make more money the next two years and can now potentially be a 1st round pick!
That’s ambitious. I think there’ll be a place for him on an NFL roster, but…

He is a great G5 level receiver. I think he’ll be a good P5 level receiver. I think he’ll be a late rounder to UFA in the NFL. Just my humble assessment/prognostication.

With that said, I wish him all the success in the world and am glad he gave us what he did.

This really sucks for schools like UTEP. We’re going to continue to lose our top talent to bigger P5 schools.

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
He would have made the nfl from UTEP. Look at all the P5 schools after him now. He wants to play on a P5 with big crowds and on national tv with big bowls and possible playoff games. What player wouldn't want all that. Hate this rule for UTEP and similar schools.

Reactions: MinerFan79
This is not just an issue for g5 schools. It's also effecting P5 schools. There are plenty of people poaching players within p5 conferences.

Reactions: unihorn
I called it.

Not surprised. I wouldn't be shocked if Hardison enters transfer portal.
Hardison is from Hobbs and didn’t have any offers out of high school. He needs to show a lot this upcoming season before he can consider grad transferring

I wish Cowing the best. Glad he got us to the bowl game and the best season we’ve had in a few years.

This sucks.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
This sucks and we’ll be a stepping stone to a bigger school. Time to earn your recruiting salary coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT