ADVERTISEMENT

CSU Bakersfield @ UTEP mbb game thread OPT

Might be a contrast to last nights game, CSBU plays good defense but not sure they will be as intense as Alcorn. Miners had a rough game and interested to see how they handle the quick turn around, missing key players etc. Not sure why people are down on Givance, he had has hands full last night with two jet quick and pick pocket guards, he isn't an offensive threat but this team needs his quickness and ball handling. Last few years small quick guards ate us up with drives and pressure, Givance was brought in to rectify that.

Not sure why people are down on Givance, he had has hands full last night with two jet quick and pick pocket guards, he isn't an offensive threat but this team needs his quickness and ball handling.

A couple of frustrating violations were SMH moments but then again, I remember Boum shooting off his mouth and drawing a T that cost us one important game and changed the momentum of games in others.

But he was too critical for the team at that time and same goes for Givance, IMO.

We'll shoot better and make free throws.
Miners 67
CalBakersdozen 61

Last edited:
I don’t buy the “depleted” narrative. We have two guys out. Shit happens during a season to all teams.
Some Miner fans will break out any old excuse to justify loses to lesser competitors. UTEP should be able to beat CSU Bakersfield at home without 3 players, 99% of the time.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
hold on Miner Nation, we are coming off an 2OT game last night, and I believe we will struggle again tonight.
Look for a low scoring game like 62 to 58... This team reminds me of our 80's type teams.
goin' for 4 in a row...

hold on Miner Nation, we are coming off an 2OT game last night, and I believe we will struggle again tonight.
Look for a low scoring game like 62 to 58... This team reminds me of our 80's type teams.
goin' for 4 in a row...
Yea a 2OT game with some players out means this should be closer than what we feel comfortable with. I like the 62 to 58 scor

goin' for 4 in a row...
Yep. That's why I just had UTEP by 2. 69-67. I expect the three percentage to be better.

So far….

Good D. Four steals in a row in one stretch. UTEP busting full court D. Two resulted in ZO dunks. Bakersfield Lithuanian big men no real threat. MM looks ready to go.

Bad. Crappy 3 point selection. Two or three air balls. Letting their pg drive too easy. Killed on offensive glass again.

Reactions: Lil_Train
This team is gonna be exhausted tomorrow, good thing they'll all be getting full and taking a nap 😴 Now hurry and pull this one out and learn to stop playing with your food!! Team needs to develop a killer instinct. Right now they're just scrappy, but no one has ice on their veins!

Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT