ADVERTISEMENT

CUSA announces decision on football schedule

I wouldn’t worry about it. UTEP can schedule 25 games this year, they (and everyone else) will be lucky to play a handful.

I wouldn’t worry about it. UTEP can schedule 25 games this year, they (and everyone else) will be lucky to play a handful.

Yeah, I wouldn't call it worry but I would like our AD to jump in the fray to schedule BYU, if we have an opening, and along with a game that helps them out this year, get a 4 year home and home with them. Perfect time to hit em up. UTEP might not be a popular game with BYU fans but BYU would be popular with Miner fans. We love to hate em. Always have.

Yeah, I wouldn't call it worry but I would like our AD to jump in the fray to schedule BYU, if we have an opening, and along with a game that helps them out this year, get a 4 year home and home with them. Perfect time to hit em up. UTEP might not be a popular game with BYU fans but BYU would be popular with Miner fans. We love to hate em. Always have.

I would be surprised if BYU got 30,000 fans. Last time Texas Tech was here only 35,422 fans were in attendance.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Would have been interesting to see if Tech even would have drawn 30k this year
This year the crowds would be awful since so much losing has been plaguing us. But we need some big games in the Sun Bowl for when the Miners start winning. Think new, offensive minded coach that follows Dimel and the team is exciting and wins some games. A BYU or Texas Tech game would draw very well. I look forward to that day.

UTEP is their only OOC game scheduled as of now so they may try to make it worthwhile for UTEP to go to Lubbock. I hope not.

That would be beneficial for UTEP, as they’re not winning and they’re not going to be making money on the game here. Senter said he needed around $400,000 in ticket sales for the game to be a success. He should cut his losses and accept a payment from Tech to move the game to Lubbock.

There was a time when, shall I say it?, we were *somewhat* their equal competitively speaking. Yes, our fortunes have diverged. But it would be ****ing amazing to rekindle the old flame of the romance we once kinda had.

That would be beneficial for UTEP, as they’re not winning and they’re not going to be making money on the game here. Senter said he needed around $400,000 in ticket sales for the game to be a success. He should cut his losses and accept a payment from Tech to move the game to Lubbock.
It probably would be beneficial for UTEP this year due the limited capacity. Normally 30k plus would show up and the $400,000 needed would be met. If this game gets moved to Lubbock, we need to insist on another home game in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT