ADVERTISEMENT

CUSA Basketball Budgets

Stolen from the CUSA board. Of what good is this if our NIL budget is non existent?

Every school's NLI budget is $0. They don't come from the schools they come from boosters and businesses usually run by boosters. What we lack is an administration set up to facilitate or even encourage NLI deals.

We need someone to form a Collective. Some Collectives are charging a monthly due and others just have donations. They can even be a 501c3 and conduct fundraiers.

We need someone to form a Collective. Some Collectives are charging a monthly due and others just have donations. They can even be a 501c3 and conduct fundraiers.
The AD should have already set something up. Even if it's something as small as $5 a month. He should have his best sells men on the phones calling and emailing anyone that has ever step foot on the campus.

I’ve complained about schools with less accomplishing more for years. Basically told to buy season tickets and “wait till next year”!
Yes but it's apples to oranges now. It's our crappy admin again to blame. 2nd best budget in CUSA with negligible results. Now no NIL collective will negate any little positive we had from the school's budget spending.

Yes but it's apples to oranges now. It's our crappy admin again to blame. 2nd best budget in CUSA with negligible results. Now no NIL collective will negate any little positive we had from the school's budget spending.
It's my believe CUSA will have a shot at the Access Bowl as good as any other G5 league. Liberty has the facilities, coaching, resources, and money to compete with the top dogs of the G5.

UT has 3 collectives. Maybe they can spare some?

Senter will just say that's he's waiting for the sanctions to come down and then he will pounce on a collective the right way!

UT has 3 collectives. Maybe they can spare some?

Senter will just say that's he's waiting for the sanctions to come down and then he will pounce on a collective the right way!
LOL. May not be quite so funny to Golding. 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: JCorona
Question for those who may know. Can a city or county offer NIL money to "student-athletes"? Maybe that car rental tax can go to UTEP players instead of the Sun Bowl.

Question for those who may know. Can a city or county offer NIL money to "student-athletes"? Maybe that car rental tax can go to UTEP players instead of the Sun Bowl.
I don't see why not. But I'm not sure it would be popular with the taxpayers to have their money going to NIL. We can't even get a damned arena.

Reactions: JCorona
The AD should have already set something up. Even if it's something as small as $5 a month. He should have his best sells men on the phones calling and emailing anyone that has ever step foot on the campus.

But what would be the incentive to donate? They just gave an extension to a guy that lost 5 out of 6 games to end the season. If I was a casual fan with no ties to the University, then why would I give $60 a year?

But what would be the incentive to donate? They just gave an extension to a guy that lost 5 out of 6 games to end the season. If I was a casual fan with no ties to the University, then why would I give $60 a year?
That's acceptable. The point is showing initiative to the changing landscape in college athletics.

It's my believe CUSA will have a shot at the Access Bowl as good as any other G5 league. Liberty has the facilities, coaching, resources, and money to compete with the top dogs of the G5.
They’re only shot is to beat 2 good P5 teams and hope there’s another solid CUSA team. SOS and perception will drag down their rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT