ADVERTISEMENT

CUSA Football Is Wide Open

I really believed that by year three we would be bowling and contenders for the title.

You mean 2003. I’ve always wondered the same thing. Would Gary have won in year five? He might have but no way he generates the same excitement the MP hire did.

Back then, UTEP had ambition and didn’t give Nord a 5th year, nor should they. He won 2 games each of his last 3 years, but increased in losses. He was a sucky head coach. That’s why he hasn’t been one since.

You mean 2003. I’ve always wondered the same thing. Would Gary have won in year five? He might have but no way he generates the same excitement the MP hire did.

I don’t know. Aside from bringing in a whole new coaching staff, a new mentality and a more aggressive offensive system Price brought in a bunch of new recruits from day one. Marcus Thomas, Jason Boyd and Adrian Ward are three Price recruits that made immediate contributions that first year. The difference between 2003 and 2004 was night and day, and even then that is probably an understatement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT