ADVERTISEMENT

CUSA media deal has arrived, Changes on the horizon

believe-me-no-complaints.gif

CBS SN isn’t CBS. Liberty was the road team. UTEP played on Fox earlier this year and CUSA doesn’t have a contract with Fox.

You can look up how it works.
UCONN is also indy. So how do they get a game on CBS Sports network?? I thought you had to be in a conference to play on national tv?? Explain to me how that works??

UCONN is also indy. So how do they get a game on CBS Sports network?? I thought you had to be in a conference to play on national tv?? Explain to me how that works??
First, CBS sports network is not considered national TV. Second, Notre Dame's been on national TV (NBC) since the early 90s.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
First, CBS sports network is not considered national TV. Second, Notre Dame's been on national TV (NBC) since the early 90s.
So CUSA is not getting a national TV deal then? CUSA should cancel the CBS sports deal then. Are you really bringing up Norte Dame?

For those of us watching NMSU @ UTEP hoping the production had been improved...tough $h!t. The video was OK but audio was awful.
Now that the new media deal has been struck we can say goodbye to CUSA TV and look forward to CBS and ESPN producing our games. That is a big improvement, IMO.
Here is a quote from Kappy on krod.com:
Today, C-USA released all the details of their new media deal and they will be ending CUSATV starting the next athletic year. ESPN+ or ESPN3 will take over digital rights to all men's and women's basketball games that are not picked up by CBS Sports Network. That is significant since 11 men's basketball games and another 15 women's games will be on CUSATV this season. In addition, all Olympic sports (soccer, volleyball, baseball, softball, etc.) will move to ESPN's digital platform.

Read More: The New C-USA Media Deal Finally Means The End of CUSATV | https://krod.com/the-new-c-usa-medi...usatv/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

For those of us watching NMSU @ UTEP hoping the production had been improved...tough $h!t. The video was OK but audio was awful.
Now that the new media deal has been struck we can say goodbye to CUSA TV and look forward to CBS and ESPN producing our games. That is a big improvement, IMO.
Today, C-USA released all the details of their new media deal and they will be ending CUSATV starting the next athletic year. ESPN+ or ESPN3 will take over digital rights to all men's and women's basketball games that are not picked up by CBS Sports Network. That is significant since 11 men's basketball games and another 15 women's games will be on CUSATV this season. In addition, all Olympic sports (soccer, volleyball, baseball, softball, etc.) will move to ESPN's digital platform.

Read More: The New C-USA Media Deal Finally Means The End of CUSATV | https://krod.com/the-new-c-usa-medi...usatv/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral
See, this media deal is a massive improvement. Still garbage but better than what we had. I'm glad we can go to ESPN+ and CBS for all of our games now.

It is not going to improve until Mr. Senter decides to buy A brand new production truck and get rid of that refurbished truck.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I'm pretty sure the problem was operator error from not having trained people. All that hiss in Teich's play by play is caused by improper gain staging. IOW, not being trained on how to use the audio mixer.
But, I'm not disagreeing with you. You gotta have good tools to put out a professional product.

Reactions: develman
I just renewed my subscription to CUSATV with a password that they created and said I would never be asked for it so I didn't make note of it. When I turned on the game it asked me to buy a subscription; didn't say "login ". Since the game was underway, I didn't want to miss anything by calling tech support or customer service and watched the whole game on my phone. Not fun watching on the phone. Tomorrow I'll call them and see what I have to do to watch Sul Ross.

I just renewed my subscription to CUSATV with a password that they created and said I would never be asked for it so I didn't make note of it. When I turned on the game it asked me to buy a subscription; didn't say "login ". Since the game was underway, I didn't want to miss anything by calling tech support or customer service and watched the whole game on my phone. Not fun watching on the phone. Tomorrow I'll call them and see what I have to do to watch Sul Ross.
I'm gonna watch the replay on MinerTV in a few minutes. It's nice to get a second look.

You know, 1Liner, I may bitch about the TV production but things are so much better tahn they used to be when you and I first became Miner fans. Up here in the mountains all I had, besides occasional TV, was AM radio and as soon as the sun went down the static took over. Was really hard to hear. The internet has really improved life. I'll take the bad audio and good video and be very grateful.

BTW, what's that annoying buzz in this thread. Are we being trolled?

Reactions: MinerFan79
A quote from WKUYG on the CUSA site:
Before now CUSA was basically giving espn content and paying to produce it just for the use of espn+. Now at least CUSA is getting that money back from espn...so its a net gain in money for CUSA
Who knows, maybe its true.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT