ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas D Magazine tacos

I just responded to an article probably written by someone from New Jersey rating the top "TexMex" restaurants in El Paso. She picked L&J as No. 1. I agreed, but told her it was a sacrilege to call it along with our other locally owned restaurants " TexMex". Told her to educate herself about TexMex and authentic Mexican dining.

Due to Texification of country Tex-Mex has become the default definition of Mexican food in the USA. I remember after the Oklahoma football game in 2012 reading the recap in the Daily Oklahoman after the game. The writer was impressed by El Paso, his only complaint was the Mexican food wasnt as good as the Mexican food in Oklahoma City.

Due to Texification of country Tex-Mex has become the default definition of Mexican food in the USA. I remember after the Oklahoma football game in 2012 reading the recap in the Daily Oklahoman after the game. The writer was impressed by El Paso, his only complaint was the Mexican food wasnt as good as the Mexican food in Oklahoma City.

Yeah, probably difficult to top that TexMexiHoma food!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT