ADVERTISEMENT

Dana Dimel?

Does anyone care enough to do what Tennessee's fans did when Schiano was announced? Does Senter have a UTEP email yet?

Attendance will continue to plummet next year with this hire.

Reactions: El Paso 777
FOI need to be requested into the hiring process for this. Of all his D1A/FBS experience he only had two decent seasons and those were at Wyoming.

I guess Kap and the local sports media will start defending UTEP's hiring in 5, 4, 3, 2.....

[Kap] "We don't why UTEP hired him?". "Give him a chance!". "He was coordinator at KSU who recruited Texas heavily". "His offense can't be any worse that what we have seen." blah, blah, blah.

If he does a decent job, he could be in the running for the Kansas State job once Snyder goes toes up.

Snyder at KState is the model for building a program. They used to be in the dumps. This guy has been a head coach twice before, he's a hire that makes sense because it doesn't make sense. We need a new vision and direction. I like it.
He is not Snyder. Remember what happened when Prince took over.

Snyder at KState is the model for building a program. They used to be in the dumps. This guy has been a head coach twice before, he's a hire that makes sense because it doesn't make sense. We need a new vision and direction. I like it.

Well, you made a great case for Snyder but Dimel does not = Snyder.

Reactions: ShovelMan66
The biggest issue with this hire, is if he struggles hard next season, there will be no increase in attendance, people will say i told you so, and the quite frankly the guy isnt bringing anything exciting to to the table.....what the hell is this guy offering? Decent texas recruiting ties? Can anyone here and im being serious find anything that is in the teams favor for the future?

Id go a young high scoring playcaller, and bring energy at the very least to the table. UTEP Athletics has made a decision that I do not understand.

Whats the predicition for attendance at spring game? FML!!!!!

We hired a guy with a losing record as head coach. What the flying F!!!!!!! Go witj someone with a 0-0 head coaching record but is young and hungry!

We hired a guy with a losing record as head coach. What the flying F!!!!!!! Go witj someone with a 0-0 head coaching record but is young and hungry!

Billy Gillispie left UTEP with a losing record, many want him back.

Has anyone been able to gather info? Who made the hire? Was a firm used? Who he won the position over? This is unreal.....Like a shot to the gut of most Miner fans across the nation. When u have the guys former employers fanbases saying good luck to you guys, it stinks. Maybe he took the discount.

Billy Gillispie left UTEP with a losing record, many want him back.

I get you but u cant compare this guy to Billy G. Difference is Billy G was a young hungry coach that knew he would use us as a stepping stone to get to a dream job like eventually Kentucky. My question to him will be what his motivation will be? What type of offense does he run? Who will his assistants be? Still a lot of questions.

If you look at Senter and Dimel, “experienced” seemed to be the profile.

I get you but u cant compare this guy to Billy G. Difference is Billy G was a young hungry coach that knew he would use us as a stepping stone to get to a dream job like eventually Kentucky. My question to him will be what his motivation will be? What type of offense does he run? Who will his assistants be? Still a lot of questions.

Pretty easy to predict his offense. K-State plays hard-nosed, time of possession offense with a big, tough QB that can extend drives with his legs.

Pretty easy to predict his offense. K-State plays hard-nosed, time of possession offensive with a big, tough QB that can extend drives with his legs.
Sounds just like the offensive style our last coach ran. Just switch the QB with RB. Look where that got us.

Senter said he would get a coach that knew how to move the ball and score points. The only way this turns into a good hire is if at tomorrow's presser Dimel says he will hire a OC that will install a high octane offense. If he says it's going to be ground and pound then I'm done watching the Miners. We've seen that offense for 5 friggin years and it sucks.

Well, you made a great case for Snyder but Dimel does not = Snyder.
Read the papers from the late 80's early 90's. Snyder did it with 99% JUCO and had a sudden impact. Many coaches followed his model. Most failed. KSU was on the same level of UTEP. Stull came more or less the same time as Snyder and Stull did rebuild with some JUCO's at qb and linebacker. Big difference is KSU had committed money in the bank and were already in a major football conference.

Someone, somewhere deep within UTEP athletics sold Senter and Natalicio a bill of goods to take this guy. You think KSU is now just all of sudden do a home and home with UTEP? Oh hell no! They're are some some boosters in Manhattan, Kansas high fiving and doing some tequila shots in the name of El Paso right now.

Read the papers from the late 80's early 90's. Snyder did it with 99% JUCO and had a sudden impact. Many coaches followed his model. Most failed. KSU was on the same level of UTEP. Stull came more or less the same time as Snyder and Stull did rebuild with some JUCO's at qb and linebacker. Big difference is KSU had committed money in the bank and were already in a major football conference.

Someone, somewhere deep within UTEP athletics sold Senter and Natalicio a bill of goods to take this guy. You think KSU is now just all of sudden do a home and home with UTEP? Oh hell no! They're are some some boosters in Manhattan, Kansas high fiving and doing some tequila shots in the name of El Paso right now.

If he can mine for JUCO gold here, even half as well as Snyder, that’ll be a plus.

Reactions: EPTUTEP

This is Bob Stull's hire!!

No way he’ll be satisfied with any of our current QBs. He’ll want a big, tough kid that can run and throw.

This is a horrible hire. Do some research about something that went on at a bar in Laramie when he was at Wyoming.

ADVERTISEMENT