ADVERTISEMENT

DeMikal Harrison has committed to UNT

kappasigmaminer

All Star
Mar 3, 2010
From DHunt: UTEP[/B] football "verbal" commit Harrison flip flops after visiting UNT[/B] ... "UTEP[/B] is great, but UNT[/B] is closer to home."

DeMikal Harrison[/B], a defensive lineman out of Oklahoma, visited UNT this weekend and committed earlier today.
He made the news official tonight with a post on his Twitter account.

Midwest City (Oklahoma) defensive tackle DeMikal Harrison, who was committed to UTEP, has committed to UNT Sunday afternoon before announcing his decision Sunday night.
Harrison was committed to UTEP for a short time, but backed out of that pledge and committed to UNT. The proximity of the school to his home in Midwest City was a key reason why The 6-4, 290-pound standout decided to play for the Mean Green.
Harrison is rated as a two-star prospect by 247 Sports, but plays a premium position where top prospects are hard to find and even harder to sign. Tulsa jumped in with an offer for Harrison shortly after he backed out of his commitment to UTEP.
UNT won out in the end not only because of the proximity of Denton to his hometown, but also because of the work defensive line coach Kevin Patrick put in recruiting him. UNT didn't jump into the race to sign him until the last few weeks.

Well, that sucks. The article is correct about finding and signing impactful DL players. They are difficult to secure. But, I thought the article also contained a contradiction:

"UNT won out in the end not only because of the proximity of Denton to his hometown, but also because of the work defensive line coach Kevin Patrick put in recruiting him. UNT didn't jump into the race to sign him until the last few weeks."

How much work could the D Line coach have put in if UNT just barely started their recruitment of Harrison within the last few weeks? Oh well...best of luck. You'll need it going up against CSK's O Line.

Most HS recruits list playing time, proximity from home (accessible for family), and position coach as major factors in their decisions (not necessarily in that order). Compare D line coaches. UNT coach Kevin Patrick has coached All-Americans and several current NFL D linemen, including the NY GIANTS Jason Pierre Paul (current unrestricted FA who shortly will become an insanely wealthy young man, hopefully for the G Men). Pretty good credentials...

UTEP absolutely dominated UNT on both lines of scrimmage last year(UNT didn't even get to 100 yards of Offense until the 4th quarter when UTEP was winning 35-3). So good for them on getting Harrison, because they desperately needed the help. Oh and UTEP returns 4 Starting O-Linemen and 3 Starting D-Linemen from the 2 Units that physically moved UNT all over the field and did whatever they wanted to do with the "Mean Green". So again, Congrats to UNT and Harrison....we'll look forward to seeing you in the trenches.

This post was edited on 2/2 1:59 PM by UTEPDefense

In other recruiting news kavika johnson has put a picture of him in a UTEP jersey holding a pick axe as his profile picture on twitter. No official word but thats looks promising.

I had Harrison ranked as our twelvth best recruit. Its tough to lose a recruit this close to signing day but to put it into perspective eight days ago he was going to central arkansas.

This post was edited on 2/2 6:33 PM by Minerforlife

If Kavika signs he will take Utep to the next level. He will be a future star on the team. He has gone under the radar and will be a steal if he signs. I have seen the guy play and he is a beast. He can run, pass and cannot be contained. Not exaggerating if I compare him to Russell Wilson. Look up his highlights if skeptical. In my opinion he is the best football player coming out of El Paso/ Las Cruces area.

If Kavika signs he will take Utep to the next level. He will be a future star on the team. He has gone under the radar and will be a steal if he signs. I have seen the guy play and he is a beast. He can run, pass and cannot be contained. Not exaggerating if I compare him to Russell Wilson. Look up his highlights if skeptical. In my opinion he is the best football player coming out of El Paso/ Las Cruces area.

LMAO!!

Reactions: Cube Jack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT