ADVERTISEMENT

DIAMOND HEAD CLASSIC

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
Hate being a Debble Downer, but there's some stuff going on that really bothers me. The performance overall for this group of Miners is obviously not progressing in fact it seems to me it's regressing. If you look at the game results and then at the individual's results it's a chin dropper. Lathon, Edwards, Odigie have big drops while Vila and Archie are two different kinds of disappointments; Vila is just an obscure object contributing nothing and Archie is like a raging bull. We were all pretty critical of Boum and Terry for playing him, but in addition to Williams he one of the few bright spots. I think we must see more of Nigel, who brings it every chance he gets and again give Stroud and Tarke more minutes. Pardon me if I'm sounding like a broken record, but I thought by now I could wipe out nightmare's from seasons past.

I said similar things, but I was called a troll. There are people saying Edwards is the best UTEP player since Hardaway and that's absolutely ludicrous.

This game is about even according to the oddsmakers and it's a trap game. If UTEP loses against Hawaii I wouldn't be surprised if they go 0-3. They then have to go to to Florida to start the year to play good FIU and FAU teams. Today is a really important step in the season.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Bunch of downer, non-fans!

Miners going 3-0 baby!
Coach Terry is moving on to a bigger school next year!
Daryl Edwards is the 2020 version of Tim Hardaway!
Bryson Williams is the next Zion!

Reactions: Autograph Boy
We saw a lot of Hawkins against Houston. I think he is good to go in Terry's eyes.

I said similar things, but I was called a troll. There are people saying Edwards is the best UTEP player since Hardaway and that's absolutely ludicrous.

This game is about even according to the oddsmakers and it's a trap game. If UTEP loses against Hawaii I wouldn't be surprised if they go 0-3. They then have to go to to Florida to start the year to play good FIU and FAU teams. Today is a really important step in the season.

Bullshit! Nobody made that claim. Somebody may have said Williams was, but no one said that about Edwards.

Bullshit! Nobody made that claim. Somebody may have said Williams was, but no one said that about Edwards.
That is exactly what I was thinking, glad I'm not the only one. I remember Williams being mentioned, I don't know where autoboy got Edwards from.

Bunch of downer, non-fans!

Miners going 3-0 baby!
Coach Terry is moving on to a bigger school next year!
Daryl Edwards is the 2020 version of Tim Hardaway!
Bryson Williams is the next Zion!

You’re rhetoric has grown beyond tiresome. Have you EVER said a positive thing on this board about your supposed favorite team(s)?

It’s not that you don’t add valuable insight to the board, because you do bring a level of realism that hopefulness ignores or overlooks. With that said, you seem to be the furthest thing from a TRUE fan, as your realism seems to have suffocated any and all objectivity from your being.

You’re rhetoric has grown beyond tiresome. Have you EVER said a positive thing on this board about your supposed favorite team(s)?

It’s not that you don’t add valuable insight to the board, because you do bring a level of realism that hopefulness ignores or overlooks. With that said, you seem to be the furthest thing from a TRUE fan, as your realism seems to have suffocated any and all objectivity from your being.

That is not a fan... all this poster does is bring down Utep — it’s just sad to me someone uses their time to do that ... but that’s just me

@FanatiCoog and myself talked about it last year at the utsa game. Terry’s a good recruiter but his coaching abilities had a lot of question marks.

During the off season most on here praised every move Terry made and every recruit he brought in.

Here we are 1/3 of the way in, sitting exactly where we should be, maybe even a game better than odds predicted, and it feels like the dam is getting ready to burst.

I’m sticking to my pre season picks 10-3 ooc and 10-4 in conference going into pod play. If we’re far off from that record by pod play then I’ll let my real thoughts on Terry be known.

Would like to see stroud more hope we do this tournament
I agree. I figure what does Terry have to lose by putting him on the floor while the game counts instead of at trash time. Playing along with Williams, Boum, etc would change his game from "desperation to impress to playing a natural helping role and thus more relaxed".

https://utep.forums.rivals.com/threads/utep-vs-unm.9500/page-3#post-129612

Click the link, I would say that is positive.

I have already explained myself and my opinion multiple times over the years. I don’t celebrate wins over garbage teams - Pine Bluff, NC A&T, D2/FCS of the world. I expect UTEP to be competitive in most matchups versus non-Power conference schools.

If you want positivity, you’re looking at the wrong guy. I don’t talk about how great recruits are, because many never make it here or transfer quickly. This school hasn’t won a NCAA Tournament game in 27 ****ing years and has only been 3 times in that timeframe. Still I have to listen to morons, calling UTEP a “basketball school”, while giving excuses for the poor football team.

The football team hasn’t won a bowl game in 52 ****ing years and has 1 shared conference title during that time. They haven’t even won the West Division of CUSA in 15 years. They don’t beat P5 schools and are pathetic, but not as pathetic as the “real fans” who accept their continuous poor performances.

I see countless schools with less resources from “worse” conferences winning NCAA Tournament games, upsetting major teams in the regular season, and winning bowl games. Why can’t UTEP? Some of you act like I am shitting on Alabama football and Villanova basketball.

So please tell me, what is there to be positive about UTEP basketball and football ? Please list actual accomplishments and how they differ from say NMSU or CUSA teams.

I agree. I figure what does Terry have to lose by putting him on the floor while the game counts instead of at trash time. Playing along with Williams, Boum, etc would change his game from "desperation to impress to playing a natural helping role and thus more relaxed".
Exactly. Let's hope he gets more time. Take some pressure/minutes off the other guards and get some more athleticism out there.

Reactions: miner1liner

I have already explained myself and my opinion multiple times over the years. I don’t celebrate wins over garbage teams - Pine Bluff, NC A&T, D2/FCS of the world. I expect UTEP to be competitive in most matchups versus non-Power conference schools.

If you want positivity, you’re looking at the wrong guy. I don’t talk about how great recruits are, because many never make it here or transfer quickly. This school hasn’t won a NCAA Tournament game in 27 ****ing years and has only been 3 times in that timeframe. Still I have to listen to morons, calling UTEP a “basketball school”, while giving excuses for the poor football team.

The football team hasn’t won a bowl game in 52 ****ing years and has 1 shared conference title during that time. They haven’t even won the West Division of CUSA in 15 years. They don’t beat P5 schools and are pathetic, but not as pathetic as the “real fans” who accept their continuous poor performances.

I see countless schools with less resources from “worse” conferences winning NCAA Tournament games, upsetting major teams in the regular season, and winning bowl games. Why can’t UTEP? Some of you act like I am shitting on Alabama football and Villanova basketball.

So please tell me, what is there to be positive about UTEP basketball and football ? Please list actual accomplishments and how they differ from say NMSU or CUSA teams.
AcidicLoneFoxterrier-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Guys, the Washington game starts at 730. It will likely take 2 hours to play. Just like in every other tournament, NCAA, Sun Bowl, Maui, the 2nd game starts 30 minutes afterward. So the Miner game starts at about 10

What’s the point? You have your mind made up.

You always say fans accept continuous poor performances. Who on here “accepts” anything? People bitch with regularity, the only difference is that when something good happens it’s acknowledged along with the shit. You think your non-acceptance has done a damn thing in terms of progressing this program? You think you have convinced anyone on here of anything you think? What change have you created? Not a damn thing.

I know you won’t reveal shit about yourself but I would wager that this ‘not settling for mediocrity’ is not a philosophy you embrace and embody in your day to day life. What have you ever accomplished? Rhetorical question.

What you continuously fail to acknowledge is that this team is leaps and bounds better than last year. You constantly glaze over that in favor of spewing a negativity that seeps from your every pore. Are we there? No. Do we all hope we get there? Yes. With the exception of maybe you. You will ALWAYS have something to complain about because it’s intertwined with your very nature. No matter how much you cry out, you’ll never be why anything changes.

And by the way, who spends hours a day on a forum he thinks is so full of dumbasses, who ask dumbass questions and who make dumbass statements? Only a dumbass.

Usually, I rant about these morons when I get drunk. I have closed my browser sooooo many times lately. No clue why this shit gets his rocks off, but I have given up.
Nice logical rant Fanati, but I doubt he stops there. You just got him all wet....

Haha. I know that. Sometimes I just feel the need to throw shit back his way. Almost like a universal urge...for balance. I’ll hit the brakes, though.

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
What’s the point? You have your mind made up.

You always say fans accept continuous poor performances. Who on here “accepts” anything? People bitch with regularity, the only difference is that when something good happens it’s acknowledged along with the shit. You think your non-acceptance has done a damn thing in terms of progressing this program? You think you have convinced anyone on here of anything you think? What change have you created? Not a damn thing.

I know you won’t reveal shit about yourself but I would wager that this ‘not settling for mediocrity’ is not a philosophy you embrace and embody in your day to day life. What have you ever accomplished? Rhetorical question.

What you continuously fail to acknowledge is that this team is leaps and bounds better than last year. You constantly glaze over that in favor of spewing a negativity that seeps from your every pore. Are we there? No. Do we all hope we get there? Yes. With the exception of maybe you. You will ALWAYS have something to complain about because it’s intertwined with your very nature. No matter how much you cry out, you’ll never be why anything changes.

And by the way, who spends hours a day on a forum he thinks is so full of dumbasses, who ask dumbass questions and who make dumbass statements? Only a dumbass.

Until you answer about what UTEP has accomplished to be positive about, I will not answer any of your questions. I suggest we stay on topic here. If you want to discuss this further, you can email me at analpoppers@gmail.com

Usually, I rant about these morons when I get drunk. I have closed my browser sooooo many times lately. No clue why this shit gets his rocks off, but I have given up.
Nice logical rant Fanati, but I doubt he stops there. You just got him all wet....
drink more

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT