ADVERTISEMENT

Did Floyd walking out of the exhibition bother you?

Did Floyd walking out of the exhibition bother you?

• Total voters
Dec 22, 2016
It really bothered me (even on a Monday), all the Floyd truthers will say the game was poorly officiated and give him as pass, and yes the refs were terrible, but under NO circumstance should a coach walk out on his players during a simulated practice. NEVER!!!!! This culture Floyd has created is embarrassing for all UTEP basketball fans. If we had a real AD, he should be suspended without pay.

Local media should have made a bigger deal about this once Floyd admitted he was not ejected.

Hard to blame a national transfer epidemic for players leaving when you leave during a 38-38 tie against a D-3 opponent that looked like a high school team. Tired of his crap....

I actually liked it. The kids played loose after he left. Gives me hope.
Would it be better to stay and get frustrated at the kids when it wasn't entirely their fault?

The game didn't matter. Has he walked out of practice because he was frustrated before? Is there any difference? If it was a real game, I would agree.

"Local media" has bigger stories to cover

In case you didn't know, news stations and newspapers have people designated to covering sports. It is their job to report these things. Nobody is saying that this should be lead headline material read by the head new anchors but it definitely should have been covered by the people that do the sports portion of the news.

This was a tantrum and an embarrassment to the university. If it was any other school Floyd would have faced consequences.

Reactions: develman
In case you didn't know, news stations and newspapers have people designated to covering sports. It is their job to report these things. Nobody is saying that this should be lead headline material read by the head new anchors but it definitely should have been covered by the people that do the sports portion of the news.

This was a tantrum and an embarrassment to the university. If it was any other school Floyd would have faced consequences.
Really????????...........Your making a mountain out of a mole hill.....

Reactions: Cube Jack
I guess I have seen so many of his temper tantrums that I don't even care anymore when they happen.

Every coach gets frustrated, you Never walk out on your team. What would you all be saying if one of the players walked off.
More Floyd bulls—t. Next Ad needs to lay down the law if he doesn’t like it “SEE YA”.

who cares if floyd went to the locker room during this glorified practice? I heard he went up into the stands to watch it, just going by what i heard not sure if that is true or not? If he had walked out of a meaningful game its one thing but this was not a big deal at all.....

Reactions: Jimmy the Miner
who cares if floyd went to the locker room during this glorified practice? I heard he went up into the stands to watch it, just going by what i heard not sure if that is true or not? If he had walked out of a meaningful game its one thing but this was not a big deal at all.....

I didn't see him in the stands.

uwnvwkpafy6ttem6glax

Reactions: unihorn
Hmm looking at the vote totals. Is this the equivalence of "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters,"?:D ...................don't get all worked up bitches just a joke.

Reactions: El Paso 777

In case you didn't know, I work for one of these news stations.

There are bigger stories to cover right now.

... Floyd truthers ...

"Floyd Truthers? Wow. Had to let that sink in when I read your post.

Since the 1970's when I started following UTEP basketball never have I seen a polarization of UTEP men's hoops. There was some debate on the productivity of Rab's (R.I.P.) and Sadler and their head coaching effectiveness. One had his players turn on him and the other road the Billy coat tails to a nice Nebraska contract. Sadler really left nothing but Teich always makes sure to give him a beso when he comes to The Don. Fans had a hard time adjusting to Barbee's offense but never for the life of me can I remember a UTEP basketball head coach divide Miner fans into "truthers", "need to believer's" and "The Fire Floyd'ers".

It was a glorified practice as some have referred to it. My only concern is the old saying “how you practice is how you play.” If he can’t keep his cool in a meaningless home game against a d3 opponent then what can we expect when we are on the road in a crucial conference game and the calls don’t go our way.

Reactions: develman
"Floyd Truthers? Wow. Had to let that sink in when I read your post.

Since the 1970's when I started following UTEP basketball never have I seen a polarization of UTEP men's hoops. There was some debate on the productivity of Rab's (R.I.P.) and Sadler and their head coaching effectiveness. One had his players turn on him and the other road the Billy coat tails to a nice Nebraska contract. Sadler really left nothing but Teich always makes sure to give him a beso when he comes to The Don. Fans had a hard time adjusting to Barbee's offense but never for the life of me can I remember a UTEP basketball head coach divide Miner fans into "truthers", "need to believer's" and "The Fire Floyd'ers".

Huh? I was with ya til this. Barbee's brand of offense was always entertaining, imo. Loved that dribble drive-weave style of O. I thought everybody loved it following SADler's offense.

I actually liked it. The kids played loose after he left. Gives me hope.
Would it be better to stay and get frustrated at the kids when it wasn't entirely their fault?

The game didn't matter. Has he walked out of practice because he was frustrated before? Is there any difference? If it was a real game, I would agree.

So, what does that show? The team plays better without him. I agree. He should have walked out of the tunnel and never come back

Reactions: El Paso 777
It really bothered me (even on a Monday), all the Floyd truthers will say the game was poorly officiated and give him as pass, and yes the refs were terrible, but under NO circumstance should a coach walk out on his players during a simulated practice. NEVER!!!!! This culture Floyd has created is embarrassing for all UTEP basketball fans. If we had a real AD, he should be suspended without pay.

Local media should have made a bigger deal about this once Floyd admitted he was not ejected.

Hard to blame a national transfer epidemic for players leaving when you leave during a 38-38 tie against a D-3 opponent that looked like a high school team. Tired of his crap....

Couldn't agree more. Personally, I have just never gravitated toward an individual in any profession, particularly athletics, that simply cannot control their emotions, particularly in adversarial situations. And as everybody knows, this is hardly a "one-off" with Floyd, from day one at UTEP he's been a walking anuerism. And please, no "well it was only practice". This is who he is and what he is. And you wonder why this guy can't even keep a roster together, much less win?

Just the latest example of low expectations for UTEP athletics, IMO...

Reactions: unihorn and JCorona
I dunno. Maybe he stepped away and watched from the stands because he realized he was being an a-hole and losing his cool. Sort of like when a husband and wife argue and the husband takes off for a few minutes to calm down so he doesn't say anything stupid that he is going to regret later.

Or maybe he just wanted to look at the game from a different angle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT