ADVERTISEMENT

Dimel Program Mismanagement.

UTEPDefense

MI Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2002
UTEP has gotten blown out by double digits in eight games this season.......yet Dimel has played TJ Goodwin in ZERO games and he has played Hardison in only ONE game. Just a complete mismanagament and waste of a potential development season.

Dimel has mismanaged on multiple levels of coaching this season....it has been very disappointing, especially considering that he was sold as having a lot of experience.

Last edited:
Senter and Dimel should be fired immediately. This level of incompetence incomprehensible. Embarrassment is an understatement. This level of incompetence is shameful.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Dimel, I can understand. Senter? Total knee jerk reaction. Senter has already shown that he will not allow mediocrity (ie. Floyd, volleyball and softball coach to name a few). He hired Terry which by all accounts looks like a pretty good hire so far. Volleyball has had a massive improvement and made it to the conference tournament. So just wait and see what happens During the off season.

Dimel, I can understand. Senter? Total knee jerk reaction. Senter has already shown that he will not allow mediocrity (ie. Floyd, volleyball and softball coach to name a few). He hired Terry which by all accounts looks like a pretty good hire so far. Volleyball has had a massive improvement and made it to the conference tournament. So just wait and see what happens During the off season.

Senter didn't fire Floyd.

Dimel, I can understand. Senter? Total knee jerk reaction. Senter has already shown that he will not allow mediocrity (ie. Floyd, volleyball and softball coach to name a few). He hired Terry which by all accounts looks like a pretty good hire so far. Volleyball has had a massive improvement and made it to the conference tournament.
Oh, you should see me get nailed on another thread for that viewpoint

WHY DIMEL CALL THAT TIMEOUT AFTER THE TOUCHDOWN???? I wasn't at the game, did something happen? it made no sense, but I'm not a football expert, so maybe someone can tell me why or what happened

I think we all know deep down Dimel will be back next year but some of the people under him better get the axe. That defense has regressed so much it’s not even funny.

I don’t think it’s scheme holding these players back, especially on defense. Scheme isn’t making them take poor angles and get blown up every other play.

WHY DIMEL CALL THAT TIMEOUT AFTER THE TOUCHDOWN???? I wasn't at the game, did something happen? it made no sense, but I'm not a football expert, so maybe someone can tell me why or what happened

I dont remember him calling a timeout after a TD. He called it after the long throw that made it 1st and Goal. And then he tried to rush in a big package last second and there was confusion. He had to take a TO. Dont know why he didnt just it with the guys he had in.

Then after the TD there wasn't a time out but there was a stoppage because Dimel wanted the ball on the left hash and the officials messed that up and had to reset the clock.

I dont remember him calling a timeout after a TD. He called it after the long throw that made it 1st and Goal. And then he tried to rush in a big package last second and there was confusion. He had to take a TO. Dont know why he didnt just it with the guys he had in.

Then after the TD there wasn't a time out but there was a stoppage because Dimel wanted the ball on the left hash and the officials messed that up and had to reset the clock.
Thanks, my bad, I meant the first down at the 1

Thanks, my bad, I meant the first down at the 1

It was a complete cluster**** for sure. There was one UTEP fan who completely lost his shit in that moment. He was screaming profanities and booing. It ended up being a moot point because our defense couldn't hold.

I can take the fact that there is still a lack of talent and depth on both sides of the ball. But why after almost two years are The Miners still bumbling around sending packages in? Watch the defense during drives and you’ll see they get mixed up too and players are running on to the field and then off like kids who are lost.

I can take the fact that there is still a lack of talent and depth on both sides of the ball. But why after almost two years are The Miners still bumbling around sending packages in? Watch the defense during drives and you’ll see they get mixed up too and players are running on to the field and then off like kids who are lost.

Have you ever watched how long our O-linemen have to stay down in their stance before we snap the ball?, our O-linemen get to the line and they get down into their position, then our QB does a fake hard count, then all of our skill position players(including TE) stand up and look to the sideline to get the play, then our RB usually shifts, then we might send Cowing in motion on passing plays, and then we finally snap it.......all along, our O-linemen have been down in their stance this entire time for over 20 seconds every play before the ball is snapped. That has to have some negative impact on wearing our O-linemen down, getting tired, keeping them from firing out, etc. This also has to be a main reason why we have so many penalties....it’s hard for a big 300 pounder to stay down in their 3 point stance for 20 seconds every play before the ball is even snapped.

Another major issue that I see with Dimel’s offense, is that teams are still able to stack the box when we run. Most college offenses have very balanced formations, where it could be a run or pass, but UTEP almost never ran the ball today with a RB, when the Fullback was not in the game. The one time that we spread it out without a FB and handed it to Hughes, he had his best run of the day. The issue is we never went back to it and mostly ran him in only power formations with a FB, where NMSU was able to stack the box.

BTW, it was also just brilliant to watch a Dana Diml team get another personal foul penalty on a simple made field goal kick at the end of the first half. As a result, the penalty is marked off on the kick-off and NMSU gets the ball in good field position, then they are able to score before the end of the half. I have absolutely no respect for Dimel, because his team has done this all year and he has proven through an entire season that he can not control his team.

Finally, in the post game show, Teicher mentioned how the defensive coaches told him that they wanted to pressure the young NMSU QB this week. However, in actuality we did no such thing in this game and we continued to sit back in our 3 defensive linemen set except for some 3rd down passing situations. I wonder if our defensive coaches even know what a game plan for pressuring a QB really entails? Obviously, they don’t, because at the end of the day we gave up 44 points and got no turn overs against a NMSU team that has been turning the ball over all year....including last week against a FCS team.

Last edited:
Exactly, his line of "playing the players that give him the best chance of winning" is a loser mentality. He needs to play for the future, and should have done it long ago! NMSU is on par with UTEP, the difference, is their coaching staff can run circles around UTEP...

I think on the offensive side of the ball lots are returning. We lose the QB but are pretty solid at WR and RB And if Wadley returns even better. The o line I believe is just Gatewood.

It appears defensively the staff is focusing on transfers and JUCO's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT